The Student Room Group

People who claim Brexiters are less intelligent than Bremainers...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by James David
thats fine, because its just a guess.Guesses are not too accurate so that's ok, because anyone can guess anything.

Sure. Whatever excuse you want to use for voting leave
Original post by richpanda
Us working and even lower middle class people are fed up of being told what to do, how we're stupid and uneducated. Whilst you're sitting drinking coffee and eating artisan bread and reading the Guardian, we see nothing of benefit from the EU.
rubbisch

weir breemainers and intellignt, mor and mor so than brexits due to bein more insrtucteed and we hav no guardian whastoever
Original post by DorianGrayism
Sure. Whatever excuse you want to use for voting leave

who told you I voted leave
Bachelors in Engineering, doing a masters in finance at imperial this september, voted remain - regretted it instantly.

Brexiters aren't less intelligent alot of them voted no for spiteful/self serving reasons anyway. Gonna be jokes it we join the EEA and have immigrants anyway.
(edited 7 years ago)
It feels like being stuck on an island where just over half the population are intent on ****ing everything up, like a heroic version of the hunger games.
I seriously don't understand why anyone would upvote, OP. Jesus Christ, what utter shite.

The statistic is that people with higher education are more likely to vote in. If you look at the way people voted, you can see a clear difference in education levels between leave and remain voters. You made the inference that higher education equates to intelligence; it'd be wonderful if in fact we define what intelligence is, first of all. Evidently, most people DO equate intelligence with a degree because it takes a certain amount of intelligence to pass exams (albeit, probably not at London Metropolitan et al), so it's not a stretch to say that most people with higher education are in general more intelligent than those without degrees.

The example of 'James' and 'Kerry' is contrived and ****ing fallacious beyond all belief. Even then, I'd argue that 'Kerry' is at least honest and is aware of ACTUAL consequences of leaving the EU. 'James' voted because he is inadequate and doesn't understand that Turkey joining the EU requires the unanimous agreement of all member states.
Just because people have a formal education, it does not mean they have an independent mind, or an anti-establishment, anti-authoritarian or anti-consensus view, when those views represent very healthy instincts. This is what democracy is all about, and why it is the greatest system known to man, something that pompous, conceited intellectually superior remainers do not have the humility or sense to understand. It also does not mean they are any less manipulated by forces more powerful than themselves.
Original post by Samiz
I'm predicted A*A*A, have an unconditional for a top 20 uni in September and voted leave. What is wrong with me!?!?!?!?!?

Oh, that's easy. You're good at three specific things but dumb in general.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending