Best game you've played since you started gaming?

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suky321)
    They were a lot harder and challenging than present day games, and had more of the "just one more try" factor. I still play the sometimes on the MAME emulator on the Wii or PC.
    The last game I have played was Phalanx for SNES. Gosh, it begins to challenge in second stage. The other stages are difficult, I even would say almost impossible to get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    The last game I have played was Phalanx for SNES. Gosh, it begins to challenge in second stage. The other stages are difficult, I even would say almost impossible to get.
    I think the hardest game I ever played was Battletoads on the SNES. It was rock solid, and I'm usually quite good at games, completing many arcade games with 10p . But Battletoads is at another level in terms of difficulty.

ReputationRep:
    I think the hardest game I ever played was Battletoads on the SNES. It was rock solid, and I'm usually quite good at games, completing many arcade games with 10p . But Battletoads is at another level in terms of difficulty.
    Oh yeah, know the game without to play it in the past. Watched some walkthroughs and it looks quite tough to play that through. The same goes for the successor Battle Toads and Double Dragons.*

ReputationRep:
    Tekken all the way.
    As well as Elder Scrolls , overwatch which can get annoying but still end up playing it.

ReputationRep:
    Star Wars Battlefront 2, Spyro (Year Of The Dragon in particular), Red Dead Redemption and Rust. Oh and Age Of Empires! This list could go on forever no doubt.

ReputationRep:
    In terms of addiction Diablo 2 and LoL. In terms of fun and overall CoD4. Some contenders to be mentioned just because the game was just so well-made are Portal, C&C Red Alert, and GTA III.

ReputationRep:
    MGS2
    IQ
    Puzzle League

ReputationRep:
    I really enjoyed Ori and The Blind Forest and love Elder Scrolls and Dishonored. I also really enjoyed The Bard's Tale which was hilarious and the Trine games.

And if anyone's heard of it - Ghost of a Tale. It's in Early Access right now and is incredible! It's very reminiscent of a 90's action RPG game. It's an Indie game primarily made by 1 person. The graphics and artwork are amazing and it's just a lovely game. Very atmospheric which plenty of exploration and collecting to do. For those who hate games nowadays for providing too much hand-holding through objective markers you'll love this as it offers little to guide you - you have to solve puzzles and find your way alone. Each character has its own theme - that's how much care has gone into this game. You play as Tilo the mouse, a minstrel who is has been imprisoned and needs to find out why he was imprisoned, find where his wife is and uncover who exactly 'S' is. This game is refreshing and is challenging. It's a stealth, exploration, dungeon-crawling game and throwing bottles at rats is great fun! The guards are rats by the way and some people say it remind them of the Secret of NIMH. Again if you want a game that will give you nostalgia try it out! There is no voice acting, just dialogue boxes which also have footnotes and you have multiple dialogue options which apparently influence how Tilo is treated throughout the game.

Did anyone play ABZU that also came out this year?

ReputationRep:
    Crash bandicoot , need for speed most wanted & crazy taxi all on Ps2

ReputationRep:
    For me it would have to be out of Fallout 3, The Last of Us, Runescape and Bully.

ReputationRep:
    Probably kingdom hearts 2 or final fantasy 7

ReputationRep:
    Ready 2 Rumble Boxing -PS1

ReputationRep:
    Spyro year of the dragon, halo 3, call of duty moder warfare, Mortal kombat, CS, WOW, skyrim, fallout 3 and newvegas, oblivion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PugDevil)
    Fallout 4 is really good. I don't get the hate! Obviously the voiced protagonist is a major change, but I still think it was a great game at the end of the day. Settlement building had lots of potential but at the end I think it was a bit meh.

I bought New Vegas when it first came out and it was really buggy for absolutely ages so I ended up selling it but apparently they've patched most of the bugs. Quite a bit different to Fallout 3 and 4 but definitely worth picking up!
    The bugs is what kept me playing lol. And fallout 4 lacked feel unlike new vegas and fallout 3 it was missing its click big time. Bethesda should of kept it in development for another year IMO and make better content. Main story was good but the side quests had no wacky classic fallout story to them. Disapointment tbh

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately - I literally have no time to play video games anymore. I used to be a really bad teenager - my mum had to claw the controller from my paws. Ever since I was wee I've been obsessed with Tomb Raider - I simply cannot choose which game was my favourite. I remember I had the trilogy for my PS2 and then ordered them years later again for my PS3.

Gotta love those square.. :-)

Now that I'm older I'd definitely say that The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion has to be my all time favourite RPG game. I've never been a big fan of FPS games, with exceptions for the odd game.

ReputationRep:
    I think Zelda Ocarina of Time on the Nintendo 64, and Goldeneye on the N64 both deserve a mention too. All of the Zelda games on Nintendo consoles following on from these, were also brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    I think Zelda Ocarina of Time on the Nintendo 64, and Goldeneye on the N64 both deserve a mention too. All of the Zelda games on Nintendo consoles following on from these, were also brilliant.
    Zelda is timeless, will never die out. Always the same principle of gaming, it never gets boring. Have a lot games about Zelda, don't know a single one which has ever bothered me. And Ocarina of time was so addicted to myself when I have played it for hours. My favorite among the games without a doubt.

ReputationRep:
    battlefield, skyrim, runescape, dungeon defenders

ReputationRep:
    Skyrim.

ReputationRep:
    Bioshock
    Portal
    half life
    red dead redemption
    GTA san andreas
    But perhaps the most nostalgic for me is mortal kombat 2 or mario kart.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 16, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.