Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Announcements Posted on
Calling all anime fans! Don't miss the midnight Secret Santa deadline! 04-12-2016
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016
  • View Poll Results: What Pokemon Go team did you choose?
    Team Valor (Red)
    33.10%
    Team Mystic (Blue)
    46.67%
    Team Instinct (Yellow)
    20.24%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    I theorise that the max is always the same for the same pokemon.
    Just had a look through mine, and that seems to be the case. I hadn't noticed before now.

I presumed that the higher CP Pokemon that appeared as you levelled up were actually stronger, or had the potential to be, but it seems they're just closer to hitting their max and don't need as much stardust spent on them to do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pokemon12)
    Worth?
    Attachment 561234
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Taken from reddit
    :no: This is how you get mugged

ReputationRep:
    Caught a level 370 Clefable in Morrisons cheese aisle**

Missed out on a dratini though *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    That is an argument. This is another aspect of this game which may improved.

After reading some posted comments, I am still not convinced that Pokemon GO! should be better than the edition games.*
    Turns out you don't have to use your camera. So far I'm liking it, it's obviously quite different and new from the other Pokemon games

(Original post by Cll_ws)
    The closest Pokestop to my house is a children's play park. The second closest..... is a children's play park :ninja:

I've been playing in quite a localised area the last couple of days, between my house and work, which contains 5 gyms, and a similar amount of Pokestops. I've got a day off work tomorrow so I might walk into the town centre and see what the situation's like there.
    My area is a bit meh as well, I'm just glad I work in the city centre, so I get access to all these pokestops :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    (...) So far I'm liking it, it's obviously quite different and new from the other Pokemon games (...)
    I would like the game too, if it is possible to play Pokemon GO! as I am used to - so catching, training and fighting with them, but in reality.

Still not released !

ReputationRep:
    How do I get this?I have a Samsung

(Please quote if replying)

ReputationRep:
    I walked around for half an hour and still couldn't find any pokemon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pandaseattoast)
    How do I get this?I have a Samsung

(Please quote if replying)
    Here's a guide for getting it from the Google store.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4210692

You can just Google Pokemon Go apk file but you risk downloading one with malware and it doesn't update or properly link to your account.

ReputationRep:
    Btw, I downloaded it like that but say there are updates to the game, will it still update since I downloaded it from the Australian google play store?

ReputationRep:
    Finally got one of my favourite Gen 1 pokes from the first egg I hatched! Got a jigglypuff just around the corner on my way home too, score! Keeps saying theres a Nidoran M nearby... does the rustling grass bits on the map mean that something will appear if you go there? Ive just been seeing randoms haha!

Also dat feel when low battery because pokemon go... ;_;

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I so want this app but I got confused on how to get here, something about getting like an American apple ID.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinnie)
    I walked around for half an hour and still couldn't find any pokemon
    They cluster around populated places. I think the algorithm they use is related to number of players that have passed through the area.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trill)
    I so want this app but I got confused on how to get here, something about getting like an American apple ID.
    It's not available in UK so you either need to fool your phone into thinking you're in US, Germany or Australia or wait until it's released. If you know anyone from those countries you can just use their ID. Or you need to Google different ways to change yours. I have android so can't really give you specific information for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melinae)
    Finally got one of my favourite Gen 1 pokes from the first egg I hatched! Got a jigglypuff just around the corner on my way home too, score! Keeps saying theres a Nidoran M nearby... does the rustling grass bits on the map mean that something will appear if you go there? Ive just been seeing randoms haha!

Also dat feel when low battery because pokemon go... ;_;

Posted from TSR Mobile

so weak look at that cp -_-

ReputationRep:
    I swear I need to invest in like 5 power banks my phone was dying after not even full 2 hours and I left with 100%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pokemon12)
    so weak look at that cp -_-
    Does it really matter? I only just got this game so Im still learning. Its supposed to be fun, right?

ReputationRep:
    Q1) What does the random grass thing that pops up on your map mean?

Q2) When I click on the pokemon in my nearby area (the grey shadow ones) I see some feet thing on it ... what
    do they represent as I bleeming spent ages trying to find any and gave up.

I want a Jigglypuff and a Eeve that would bloody evolve into a flareon. :heart: got the stupid water Eeve. :mad:
    + a Charizard (if that's not too much to ask. :puppyeyes: )

ReputationRep:
    Im only level 5 : (

I got a few pdgeys, zubats, a golbat, charmander, jynx, couple drowzees, krabby, jigglypuff, couple gastlys, and a weedle....

I see these gyms everyones got high level pokemon and their cp are high, i dont think i can catch up.

A lot of pokestops in London

Also one incubator wtf!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GothicShield)
    Im only level 5 : (

I got a few pdgeys, zubats, a golbat, charmander, jynx, couple drowzees, krabby, jigglypuff, couple gastlys, and a weedle....

I see these gyms everyones got high level pokemon and their cp are high, i dont think i can catch up.

A lot of pokestops in London

Also one incubator wtf!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Remember you can use 6 pokemon to attack the gym. So you can take on powerful ones.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.