University applicants 2017 thread!

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dorababy1995)
    Hello from a fellow Exeter English applicant!
    Hi! You're the first Exeter English applicant I've seen on here! The course there is so amazing and the uni was lovely too. Are you single or joint honours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesstheravendor)
    Hi! You're the first Exeter English applicant I've seen on here! The course there is so amazing and the uni was lovely too. Are you single or joint honours?

Single.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone thinking of applying for biological sciences? I've been thinking about it but I'm not really sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elegantelephant)
    Just out of interest to international applicants - why do you want to study in the UK?
    I visited the UK when I was 12, fell in love with it. Also, we don't have courses like the ones in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    Who's got their offers?
    I still feel like I've been doing nothing, haven't sent mine yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leandra_chk)
    Is anyone thinking of applying for biological sciences? I've been thinking about it but I'm not really sure

I've applied for Biological Sciences! i absolutely love biology so for me it was a no-brainer, but if you unsure then maybe look into different careers you could do with a biology degree and look at the course content for different universities that your interested in and see if you'd enjoy it or not

ReputationRep:
    Course: Biology/ Biological Science

Which Universities: Exeter, Bristol, Surrey, Royal Holloway, and Gloucestershire (as a lower insurance choice just in case i got 4 rejections)

GCSE grades: A*A*A*A*AAAABB, and a C in the level 3 certificate in Further Mathematics

AS grades and subjects: Biology, Chemistry (Dropped), Psychology and History- their all linear so i didn't take any AS exams

A2 Predicted grades: AAA

Extracurricular: Research project into the transmission of TB among cattle through badgers with Southampton University, a ton of science based MOOC's, working with dietitians and mental health nurses (however on a personal level rather than a professional level), too much wider reading (i am such a nerd for biological and scientific literature), Volunteering for a charity that helps to find a cure and support suffers of Epidermolysis Bullosa, Bronze and Silver Arts Award (like the DofE in performing and creative arts), i've done dance since i was 2 and played the violin since i was 7, and been a waitress for the past 4 years.

Offers?Bristol (BBB) and Surrey (ABB) and still waiting on the other 3 to reply

ReputationRep:
    Hello

Course: Chinese Studies
    Where? Oxford (hehe), Durham, Leeds, Sheffield, Manchester
    I'm actually following the OIB (Option Internationale du Baccalaureat) course, so I study within the French curriculum and have English literature classes (A-level style) and my history/geography course is a bit more "international" than the normal French course.
    GCSE grades: but A*A*AA
    French GCSE equivalent grades: 36/40, 30/40, 38/40. 40/40, 20/20, 18/20
    Grades already achieved for the bac: 16/20, 16/20, 19/20, 20/20
    Predicted overall grade for the bac: 18/20
    Extracurricular: Week's work experience at UNHCR headquarters, Geneva, translating articles about central African refugee crises. Participated in exchange programme with Beijing high school. Enjoy horse riding, running, playing the piano, reading, drawing, artsy stuff in general
    Offers? None yet, only sent my application a 3 days ago so just acknowledgment emails, can't wait to get an answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie419)
    I got an offer yesterday and I still can't quite believe it!!
    Ahhh so excitinggg, you're lucky! Where from and for what course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluemoon_)
    Hello

Course: Chinese Studies
    Where? Oxford (hehe), Durham, Leeds, Sheffield, Manchester
    I'm actually following the OIB (Option Internationale du Baccalaureat) course, so I study within the French curriculum and have English literature classes (A-level style) and my history/geography course is a bit more "international" than the normal French course.
    GCSE grades: but A*A*AA
    French GCSE equivalent grades: 36/40, 30/40, 38/40. 40/40, 20/20, 18/20
    Grades already achieved for the bac: 16/20, 16/20, 19/20, 20/20
    Predicted overall grade for the bac: 18/20
    Extracurricular: Week's work experience at UNHCR headquarters, Geneva, translating articles about central African refugee crises. Participated in exchange programme with Beijing high school. Enjoy horse riding, running, playing the piano, reading, drawing, artsy stuff in general
    Offers? None yet, only sent my application a 3 days ago so just acknowledgment emails, can't wait to get an answer
    Hey, I did Chinese studies at Sheffield, so if you have any questions about the course, please send me a message

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dorababy1995)
    Single.
    The English course looks so amazing at Exeter! Good luck with the application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahmed369)
    When did you get the offer?
    Friday the 7th of October. Universities only update track in the morning and in the evening at 4pm by the way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by butterfly_belle)
    Course: Biology/ Biological Science

Which Universities: Exeter, Bristol, Surrey, Royal Holloway, and Gloucestershire (as a lower insurance choice just in case i got 4 rejections)

GCSE grades: A*A*A*A*AAAABB, and a C in the level 3 certificate in Further Mathematics

AS grades and subjects: Biology, Chemistry (Dropped), Psychology and History- their all linear so i didn't take any AS exams

A2 Predicted grades: AAA

Extracurricular: Research project into the transmission of TB among cattle through badgers with Southampton University, a ton of science based MOOC's, working with dietitians and mental health nurses (however on a personal level rather than a professional level), too much wider reading (i am such a nerd for biological and scientific literature), Volunteering for a charity that helps to find a cure and support suffers of Epidermolysis Bullosa, Bronze and Silver Arts Award (like the DofE in performing and creative arts), i've done dance since i was 2 and played the violin since i was 7, and been a waitress for the past 4 years.

Offers?Bristol (BBB) and Surrey (ABB) and still waiting on the other 3 to reply
    Course: Sport and Exercise Science (4yr Sandwich)
    Universities: Loughborough, Nottingham Trent, Kent, Southampton Solent, Surrey
    GCSE Grades: AAAABBBBBC
    A-Level Predicted Grades: Distinction* Distinction* A

Offers: Nottingham Trent (128 UCAS Points or Unconditional if I make it my firm choice)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluemoon_)
    Ahhh so excitinggg, you're lucky! Where from and for what course?
    Nottingham Trent University, Sport and Exercise Science with a work placement year. I got an offer of 128 UCAS Points or an unconditional if I make it my firm choice.

Just goes to show waiting longer pays off, I waited 3 weeks for that offer while all my friends were getting them. 1 Down 4 To Go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eruditeprincess)
    Name: Isabelle
    Course: Media, Communications and Culture (or its variants), with one with History
    Where? Keele x2, Lancaster, Leicester and UEA
    AS grades+Subjects: Drama, Sociology, Psychology and History, with D D E C overall
    A2 Predicted/Achieved: Drama - not sure, Sociology - not sure, History - not sure
    Offers? Not sent my application off yet
    Woah, small world! Just looked on your profile and see you're from TDA, I went to Ken Stimpson haha!
    Good luck with applying to university

ReputationRep:
    Yay! My school finally sent my application off today (2 weeks after I paid though because I had a 'difference of opinion' with my head teacher about my uni choices )! Now we wait... :crossedf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notonlyme)
    Yay! My school finally sent my application off today (2 weeks after I paid though because I had a 'difference of opinion' with my head teacher about my uni choices )! Now we wait... :crossedf:
    Pob Lwc.. Good Luck. May I ask where and what you are applying for? My school is sending Non Oxbridge, Medicene &Vet sciences as of the start of next Week

ReputationRep:
    Sent my UCAS application off to the head of sixth form today for final approval! Ahhh I'm so excited! Final choices were (all to do Law):
    Newcastle
    Manchester
    Liverpool
    Exeter
    Manchester Met

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josh99evs)
    Pob Lwc.. Good Luck. May I ask where and what you are applying for? My school is sending Non Oxbridge, Medicene &Vet sciences as of the start of next Week
    Thanks I'm applying for geography and environment/international development at Sussex, York, UEA, Reading and Chester (although my headmaster wanted me to apply for Oxford). What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notonlyme)
    Thanks I'm applying for geography and environment/international development at Sussex, York, UEA, Reading and Chester (although my headmaster wanted me to apply for Oxford). What about you?
    I`m also applying for Geography With History at Chester, Worcester, Cardiff,Oxford Brookes and Bath Spa.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.