Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm an international doing the IB program. Is there anyone similar to my application that received an interview? I was wondering if they started with home/A-level applicants?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supportivemum)
    Hi. Please can I ask you when you submitted your application? Thank you.
    About 4 days before the deadline. It was ready well before but the school was slow in processing it's bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futuremedic1999)
    I'm an international doing the IB program. Is there anyone similar to my application that received an interview? I was wondering if they started with home/A-level applicants?
    Did you get the second consideration email from them like some people did about two days ago?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rugose)
    About 4 days before the deadline. It was ready well before but the school was slow in processing it's bit
    Thank you and huge congratulations on the interview.

ReputationRep:
    Nope I only got the acknowledgment email two days after I applied.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Nope I only got the acknowledgment email two days after I applied.
    Same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get an interview today? Last year med schools sent interview emails on weekends. I just don't know what to expect now!

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get an interview today? Last year med schools sent interview emails on weekends. I just don't know what to expect now!
    Really? That's dedication on the admissions team haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayrk)
    Really? That's dedication on the admissions team haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think there must be some sort of system as people get offers at all times. I was stalking - I mean researching - last year's thread and people seemed to get them 7 days a week through day and night! Lots at 1 min after midnight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rugose)
    Mine was officially sent on the 14th - I submitted for college to attach my reference on the 7th, but they also like to take there time

Wonder if they're working through in chronological order then?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by thtgreeneyedgirl)
    Mine was officially sent on the 14th - I submitted for college to attach my reference on the 7th, but they also like to take there time

Wonder if they're working through in chronological order then?
    I don't think so, mine was sent on the 14th as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eehaj)
    So I changed my choice from another uni (birmingham) to Bristol, and I received confirmation from Bristol, but I'm still receiving emails from Birmingham, asking for my ukcat, even though on UCAS it 100% says I am no longer being considered for Birmingham... Do I need to worry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    UCAS had some technical issues so it might be because of that. I would contact UCAS or Birmingham to clear up the situation. It shouldn't be a problem though.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know why the UCAS track service is unavailable until midnight tomorrow? Does it have to do with the weekend? And does that mean they won't send out any interview emails till then?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know why the UCAS track service is unavailable until midnight tomorrow? Does it have to do with the weekend? And does that mean they won't send out any interview emails till then?
    It's just maintenance. They had a lot of technical issues (especially with automated emails). It's only during the weekend because now it's less busy, but you could still get an interview by email from the university.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone not even got the "we are still considering your application" email. Last year I got that email so many times it annoyed me - then a rejection in March. My reading on that email was that I did not have enough points to be given an early interview but was being kept on hold. Not got one this year yet so I am hoping they just have not got round to scoring my application yet.

Also they don't seem to have any order in processing applications ie date of submission or alphabetical etc - people tried to work this out last year. I often wonder could it be by UCAS ID number.

Have there been any rejections yet. Last year some were sent out at the same time as the first interviews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supportivemum)
    Did you apply ahead of the 15.10.16 deadline? Thanks
    Yes, I applied on the 9th Oct.
    However, Bristol's system interviews those with the strongest applications (and those from access programmes) first. They then work their way down the list in order to save money/time - they don't want to waste resources interviewing weak candidates!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjcoolio)
    However, Bristol's system interviews those with the strongest applications (and those from access programmes) first. They then work their way down the list in order to save money/time - they don't want to waste resources interviewing weak candidates!!
    I cannot believe they have read and scored approx. 5,000 personal statements already!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BadLashes)
    Has anyone not even got the "we are still considering your application" email. Last year I got that email so many times it annoyed me - then a rejection in March. My reading on that email was that I did not have enough points to be given an early interview but was being kept on hold. Not got one this year yet so I am hoping they just have not got round to scoring my application yet.

Also they don't seem to have any order in processing applications ie date of submission or alphabetical etc - people tried to work this out last year. I often wonder could it be by UCAS ID number.

Have there been any rejections yet. Last year some were sent out at the same time as the first interviews.
    No I haven't received that. The only email I've had is the acknowledgment- which I got about 4 days after applying.

The UCAS ID is a good shout

It must be a mammoth task for the admissions staff tbh - scoring all those personal statements. No wonder it takes a while :/. My guess is they haven't clapped eyes on most applications due to the sheer amount of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjcoolio)
    How do you know they interview the strongest ones first? on last year's thread they hadn't scored most by this time last year and were busy working their way through.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thtgreeneyedgirl)
    How do you know they interview the strongest ones first? on last year's thread they hadn't scored most by this time last year and were busy working their way through.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's probably a reasonable assumption to say that those who have interview invites as of now have PS's that blew the admissions team away. Not necessarily a ranking thing.

Or it could be a ranking of the 30% of academics and UKCAT scores, then either alphabetical or submission date of applications for PS's to be read. Then those that are like superb are invited right off the bat from there, and some on hold, some rejected.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 17, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.