The Punjabi you gave was the male noun :rofl:

You called me Bautaa = Male Camel; Bauti = Female Camel :aetsch:
Original post by Zamestaneh

Damn really. Got that from wikibooks.
Thanks for the lesson bauti :tongue:
Salaam guys,

Can I ask you to please make dua for me as I have an important interview this week.

jazakallah
Original post by Leukocyte

Diwali sweets.

Spoiler

Oh my gosh they look tasty!! :drool:
Original post by redleader1
Salaam guys,

Can I ask you to please make dua for me as I have an important interview this week.

jazakallah

God will make it easy for you.
Just remember your duas and the fatiha.
It's a weird style of ladoo I think :holmes:

Lies lies, just trying to get on my good side :hand:

😘

...maybe :colone:
Original post by HAnwar
Sounds nice.
Well basically once you boil the milk you add the rice, and you have to keep on stirring and checking it every now and then, so that it doesn't burn at the bottom or stick to the sides of the pan. And then add in the sugar after and at the end top with almonds or pistachio.

That sounds so easy even I could make it. :colonhash:

I'm gonna make some this week now. What type of rice?

So this male female system is it for everything (every noun)?
Original post by Al-farhan
So this male female system is it for everything (every noun)?

I am not fluent in the language but there are either neutral nouns (like Ooth for Camel) which are neither male nor female, and then there is are male and female suffixes which show the gender - -a for a male, -i for a female.

More examples:
Larka, Larki = Boy, Girl
Kutta, Kutti = (M) Dog, (F) Dog
Beta, Beti = (M) Child, (F) Child
Chiri = Bird

This is also usually the same for adjectives too

E.g:
Mota, Moti = Fat
Buddha, Buddhi (Vada,Vadi) = Old/Big
Chota,Choti = Little
I am not fluent in the language but there are either neutral nouns (like Ooth for Camel) which are neither male nor female, and then there is are male and female suffixes which show the gender - -a for a male, -i for a female.

More examples:
Larka, Larki = Boy, Girl
Kutta, Kutti = (M) Dog, (F) Dog
Beta, Beti = (M) Child, (F) Child
Chiri = Bird

This is also usually the same for adjectives too

E.g:
Mota, Moti = Fat
Buddha, Buddhi (Vada,Vadi) = Old/Big
Chota,Choti = Little

Ah, thanks.
Sorry if I said anything rude to Muslims on tsr before. I apologise greatly and I firmly believe that most of you are good people and not terrorists. Just got caught in all the xenophobia on the news recently but I will research more before saying anything now.
Original post by h333
Ameen. :frown:
Great reminders :yy:

Just doing my bit to raise awareness of oppressed Muslims and denounce their oppressors.

I feel it's the minimum we owe our brothers and sisters who suffer :redface:
Original post by cashcash871
Sorry if I said anything rude to Muslims on tsr before. I apologise greatly and I firmly believe that most of you are good people and not terrorists. Just got caught in all the xenophobia on the news recently but I will research more before saying anything now.

Dw. Whats done is done. Thanks for making this post :yy:
Reply 316
Original post by HAnwar
LOL
#rejected

Easy coz I only got up a while ago lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

@Leukocyte and you can reject me and accept each other :wink:. Problem solved. I need a reward now. :ahee:

Original post by magicelephant
asalaam alakoym brothers and sisters

Wa'alaikum Assalam :smile:

Original post by Inve
Sorry but as a mithai enthusiast it is my duty to make sure we are all getting at least 1 of our 5 mithai a day.

What a coincidence. We received a box full of mithai as my mum's friend had a baby. :biggrin:

Original post by Leukocyte
Lol dw I speak like that too, hela kawoom :u:

You go girl! (I am not that good at all :colondollar:)
(edited 7 years ago)
It is narrated on the authority of Abu Ayyub that a man came to the Prophet (ﷺ) and said:

Direct me to a deed which draws me near to Paradise and takes me away from the Fire (of Hell). Upon this he (the Holy Prophet) said: You worship Allah and never associate anything with Him, establish prayer, and pay Zakat, and do good to your kin. When he turned his back, the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) remarked: If he adheres to what he has been ordered to do, he would enter Paradise.

حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى بْنُ يَحْيَى التَّمِيمِيُّ، أَخْبَرَنَا أَبُو الأَحْوَصِ، ح وَحَدَّثَنَا أَبُو بَكْرِ بْنُ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو الأَحْوَصِ، عَنْ أَبِي إِسْحَاقَ، عَنْ مُوسَى بْنِ طَلْحَةَ، عَنْ أَبِي أَيُّوبَ، قَالَ جَاءَ رَجُلٌ إِلَى النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَقَالَ دُلَّنِي عَلَى عَمَلٍ أَعْمَلُهُ يُدْنِينِي مِنَ الْجَنَّةِ وَيُبَاعِدُنِي مِنَ النَّارِ ‏.‏ قَالَ ‏"‏ تَعْبُدُ اللَّهَ لاَ تُشْرِكُ بِهِ شَيْئًا وَتُقِيمُ الصَّلاَةَ وَتُؤْتِي الزَّكَاةَ وَتَصِلُ ذَا رَحِمِكَ ‏"‏ فَلَمَّا أَدْبَرَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏"‏ إِنْ تَمَسَّكَ بِمَا أُمِرَ بِهِ دَخَلَ الْجَنَّةَ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ وَفِي رِوَايَةِ ابْنِ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ ‏"‏ إِنْ تَمَسَّكَ بِهِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 14 a
In-book reference : Book 1, Hadith 14
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 1, Hadith 13
(deprecated numbering scheme)
It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that Nu'man b. Qaufal came to the Prophet (ﷺ) and said:

Would I enter Paradise if I say the obligatory prayers and deny myself that which is forbidden and treat that as lawful what has been made permissible (by the Shari'ah)? The Prophet (ﷺ) replied in the affirmative.

حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو بَكْرِ بْنُ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ، وَأَبُو كُرَيْبٍ - وَاللَّفْظُ لأَبِي كُرَيْبٍ - قَالاَ حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو مُعَاوِيَةَ، عَنِ الأَعْمَشِ، عَنْ أَبِي سُفْيَانَ، عَنْ جَابِرٍ، قَالَ أَتَى النَّبِيَّ صلى الله عليه وسلم النُّعْمَانُ بْنُ قَوْقَلٍ فَقَالَ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ أَرَأَيْتَ إِذَا صَلَّيْتُ الْمَكْتُوبَةَ وَحَرَّمْتُ الْحَرَامَ وَأَحْلَلْتُ الْحَلاَلَ أَأَدْخُلُ الْجَنَّةَ فَقَالَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم "‏ نَعَمْ ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 15 a
In-book reference : Book 1, Hadith 16
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 1, Hadith 15
(deprecated numbering scheme)
Report Error | Share
Reply 319
Original post by redleader1
Salaam guys,

jazakallah

Wa'alaikum Assalam.
May Allah make you successful and give what is best for you. Ameen. :h:

BarakAllahu Feek.

Original post by cashcash871

Hello :smile:

This is so nice of you. Thanks for the post, really appreciate it.

Original post by IdeasForLife
Just doing my bit to raise awareness of oppressed Muslims and denounce their oppressors.

I feel it's the minimum we owe our brothers and sisters who suffer :redface:

Prsom. May Allah free and protect the oppressed ones in the world. Ameen.

Latest

Trending

Trending