The Student Room Group

Mass shooting in Munich

Scroll to see replies

This was not a terrorist attack. It was a deranged lone wolf inspired by other mass shootings.

Named as Ali David Sonboly
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Foo.mp3
Those supposedly in place to 'serve and protect' and keep 'law and order': "look after yourselves and avoid public places"

#Winning

I think it's time to revisit some of your posts, isn't it?

a) The Bavarian Police has been universally applauded throughout the German media and social media for their calm and efficient communication. People commented under their tweets, posts etc. thanking them.

b) We now know the guy was just a pupil who had been bullied/struggling with a mood disorder. Makes your*rant about mass immigration and refugees in Germany a bit obsolete, doesn't it?
Original post by nexttimeigetvpn
So the definition of whether or not it is a terror attack is based on an Islamist motive? :rolleyes:

No this wasn't a terror attack. It was a lone wolf inspired by other mass shooters.
Original post by Saylo66
Huge terrorist attacks in Europe happening on a weekly basis due to the 'refugees' and migrants we're taking in, and you say there's no problem. Lol.

you realise like 7/9 of the Paris attackers were French/Belgian nationals? Same applies with the Brussels bombing, and so many other attacks. Taking in refugees ain't the problem buddy
It's sad seeing people so desperate to hijack this tragedy so that they may frame it to fit their ideology and score cheap points on an Internet forum.
Was watching last night. The BBC (and even RT)was determined it was going to be a white nationalist, I won't be surprised if there's false flag at some point.

When I turned over, I saw them seem to let slip on RT that the man seen shouting '****ing Turks' and 'I am German' was actually filmed on Monday, the footage was around already and then brought up to now. But on the BBC, they used it with no reference whatever and made it look like it was happening live last night. The more I see of them, the more I think they engage in propaganda. Can anyone confirm this for me, or confirm the opposite, that the footage was from last night? And even if it was, it was long distance footage, you couldn't see him much, and the other assailant was caught or shot, so who says it's him and why are the media so keen on saying the guy was motivated by anti-immigrant sentiment and not terrorism?
Are we being propagandised for accepting civilizational suicide again? If so, who the hell is behind this and why?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
When I turned over, I saw them seem to let slip on RT that the man seen shouting '****ing Turks' and 'I am German' was actually filmed on Monday, the footage was around already and then brought up to now.

First of all it's not the assailant shouting "****ing Turks!" (the word is 'Kanaken', by the way, which is derogatory for anyone from Turkey and the Middle East), it's one of the guys on the balcony, to which the gunman replies that he is German.

Second, the president of the Munich Police said they are working on the assumption that the guy in the video is in fact the shooter and the video is from yesterday's shooting.

So maybe check your sources (RT, really?!) before you accuse the BBC of propaganda.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
Was watching last night. The BBC (and even RT)was determined it was going to be a white nationalist, I won't be surprised if there's false flag at some point.

When I turned over, I saw them seem to let slip on RT that the man seen shouting '****ing Turks' and 'I am German' was actually filmed on Monday, the footage was around already and then brought up to now. But on the BBC, they used it with no reference whatever and made it look like it was happening live last night. The more I see of them, the more I think they engage in propaganda. Can anyone confirm this for me, or confirm the opposite, that the footage was from last night? And even if it was, it was long distance footage, you couldn't see him much, and the other assailant was caught or shot, so who says it's him and why are the media so keen on saying the guy was motivated by anti-immigrant sentiment and not terrorism?
Are we being propagandised for accepting civilizational suicide again? If so, who the hell is behind this and why?

It's very interesting how the media presented the view that White people and only White people could ever be racist towards Turks. This is not a reflection on my feelings regarding Turkish people, they have some nice baths :sexface: but there are going to be other races aside from White people who hold racist feeling.

but nah, only White people can be racist.
Original post by Sir Fox
First of all it's not the assailant shouting "****ing Turks!" (the word is 'Kanaken', by the way, which is derogatory for anyone from Turkey and the Middle East), it's one of the guys on the balcony, to which the gunman replies that he is German.

Second, the president of the Munich Police said they are working on the assumption that the guy in the video is in fact the shooter and the video is from yesterday's shooting.

So maybe check your sources (RT, really?!) before you accuse the BBC of propaganda.

I agree there was an implication that the shooter did not like Turkish people, but that does not mean he was necessarily a White ethnic German and in fact people can be German without being ethnically German. The British media has used these two factors to completely misrepresent the situation to push its own political agenda.
Original post by Foo.mp3
The state of the German establishment (including their mainstream media) hardly needs underlining. Thankfully the perpetrator was good enough to shoot himself, otherwise goodness knows where he'd/what state the Munich police (who come across as one of the most feminised/effeminate forces I have ever seen) be by now :rolleyes:

Ahaha, are you serious? :biggrin: You watch a bit of the news and conclude the Bavarian police is effeminate? What made you think so, all the special forces running around? All the German guys with magnificent beards sporting submachine guns and assault rifles? The German police is amongst the most efficient in the world. There was a report some years ago that the entire German police force fired less shots in a year than the NYPD in one single incident. Just because the German police manages to keep the peace in this country and do their job without shooting someone every day doesn't mean they're effeminate. And e.g. the GSG9 is considered among the best special forces in the world.

Oh well, that's OK then :h: (have a word with yourself mate)

You suggested it was an islamist terror attack brought about by mass immigration in Germany, in reality it was a German who went on a lone shooting spree because he had been bullied etc. Switch your brain on for a second, will you mate?
(edited 7 years ago)
Honestly, looking at this objectively, I think it is pretty safe to say he was one of these beta uprising types, not an islamist.
Original post by Sir Fox

I was talking about both, but it annoys me how people just assume that Fox or RT must be propaganda and the complete consensus on liberal British media can't ever propagandize, I presume they think that people who are on their side of the political spectrum could never be dishonest, because there is no other objective reason. Or it's just the usal British self-satisfaction, there is nor eal argument for the lack of credibility of RT or Fox and the objectivity of BBC other than we are English and they are Russian and American.

Anyhow, I'm totally happy with your account, it is entirely logical. Why did I think the shooter said '****ing Turks' then 'I am German', if it is so clearly not logical? It wasn't an accident, it is because the BBC indirectly and deliberately said that, they were determined all night for it not to be an islamist, and they implied it, I wouldn't have though it otherwise because it is, as I say contrary to all sense.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Atlas Thugged
I agree there was an implication that the shooter did not like Turkish people, but that does not mean he was necessarily a White ethnic German and in fact people can be German without being ethnically German. The British media has used these two factors to completely misrepresent the situation to push its own political agenda.

Even if that were the case, it would be that they were biased. But it wasn't even the shooter who said '****ing Turk'. The shooter did say that 'I am German', but it was another man saying that. But I was deliberately left with the impressionby the BBC, and I'm not blaming their whole report, but the newscaster left me with the view that the shooter said '****ing Turks', against logic and what is now seen to be the truth.

The other thin is I thought I saw a very cursory acknowledgment that the footage was from youtube already, some days ago, and wasn't from that night, I mean if it was live then why hadn't they got there, it was up for ages, they hadn't got there and shot him. I'm not so sure about that bit, but we were definitely misled in the first case. More generally, maybe the elites take a patronising view and think we have to be protected from becoming evil and racist, but I think it may be rather more sinister than that and that this is part of divide and rule, as is the obliteration of the nation state and the mass migration, it all favours corporations too.
Reply 314
"Police said the gunman was a dual German-Iranian national who was born in Munich. His name has not been released. " - BBC

So much for the right-wing nationalist theory...

Can't help itself how? Can you not accept that the evidence that the police have acquired don't point to an Islamist?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qasidb
Can't help itself how? Can you not accept that the evidence that the police have acquired don't point to an Islamist?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't say it was an Islamist did I? He's basically a rk9 type poster or an Elliot Rodger type attacker. Loner, bullied at school, no friends. The media narrative is pushing this idea of a neo-Nazi or a German and whilst I think neo-Nazi politics is damaging and nasty, it doesn't pose as much of a threat as, ironically, White liberals like to claim.
I didn't say it was an Islamist did I? He's basically a rk9 type poster or an Elliot Rodger type attacker. Loner, bullied at school, no friends. The media narrative is pushing this idea of a neo-Nazi or a German and whilst I think neo-Nazi politics is damaging and nasty, it doesn't pose as much of a threat as, ironically, White liberals like to claim.

I agree that he's not a neo-nazi, but he certainly is German. Born in Munich, German citizenship, speaks fluent German with a slight Bavarian accent. Don't see how he's not German.
Original post by TercioOfParma
Honestly, looking at this objectively, I think it is pretty safe to say he was one of these beta uprising types, not an islamist.

This to be honest. It doesn't seem very politically or religiously motivated at all. The person's background points towards a troubled teen who had an extremely unhealthy obsession with mass murders.

But then again, it doesn't surprise me that people are trying to frame it as everything but that. Everyone has an agenda these days...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending