Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do most muslims truly save themselves until marriage? Watch

(Original post by Anonymous)
    My sister waited until marriage. She did everything the "halal" way. Met someone in uni who was interested so first they got engaged so they could go on dates to get to know each other, then when they graduated, they got married. That was 5 years ago. Now they're divorced and she said she's never going to fall for that religious ******** again.

She waited to lose her virginity to the "right person in a halal way" but that "right person" ended up being a physical and emotional abuser - he was violent and tried to control who she spoke with and who she was friends with. Before they got married and started living together, he hid these attributes - they came out after about six months of marriage and it took her four years to finally divorce him due to cultural, parental and religious pressure on her to stay, not to mention the sexist conditions of religious marriage and divorce.

The moral of the story is: try before you buy, folks. Especially if you're a girl. Because if you marry and it doesn't work out, the next few years of your life are gonna be hell.
    Exactly this sister, preach it girl!! Xx

ReputationRep:
    Or are most muslims nowadays having sex before marriage?
    I always believed most girls do, but most guys don't, however I hear a lot of gossip about others suggesting otherwise. I'm female and don't consider myself that religious (don't pray 5 times) however I am waiting.
    So yeh - what do muslims think on this?
    I am muslim and most guys do have sex and i would say about 45% of girls have intercourse before marriage. i mean it depends also on the circles you occupy.

(Original post by sameehaiqbal)
    If you have a boyfriend and you're in a long term relationship with him he could "hide" these attributes for years and years and when you marry him he could do the same thing anyway. What then?
    Nah, just being in a relationship with someone and actually living with them are two different things.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, just being in a relationship with someone and actually living with them are two different things.
    ???????????

Having a boyfriend and "try before you buy" won't prevent sexual/physical abuse. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    ???????????

Having a boyfriend and "try before you buy" won't prevent sexual/physical abuse. Lol.
    LOL! I didn't know people get so triggered over a word. Some people are just oversensitive and should be wary of the internet. :laugh:

???????????

Didnt say it would prevent it. I was saying it's much easier to get away from such abuse, as a woman, when you're not in an islamic marriage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saba XD)
    LOL! I didn't know people get so triggered over a word. Some people are just oversensitive and should be wary of the internet. :laugh:
    Haha I know right? They're on anonymous as well? :confused:
    I've been called worse names haha

This thread is a train wreck.
    any chance we can have a chat then?

Dearie, we're anonymous for a reason, well st least I am as I've given details about my sex life. Not that being anonymous affects the points we're making.

ReputationRep:
    My sister waited until marriage. She did everything the "halal" way. Met someone in uni who was interested so first they got engaged so they could go on dates to get to know each other, then when they graduated, they got married. That was 5 years ago. Now they're divorced and she said she's never going to fall for that religious ******** again.

She waited to lose her virginity to the "right person in a halal way" but that "right person" ended up being a physical and emotional abuser - he was violent and tried to control who she spoke with and who she was friends with. Before they got married and started living together, he hid these attributes - they came out after about six months of marriage and it took her four years to finally divorce him due to cultural, parental and religious pressure on her to stay, not to mention the sexist conditions of religious marriage and divorce.

The moral of the story is: try before you buy, folks. Especially if you're a girl. Because if you marry and it doesn't work out, the next few years of your life are gonna be hell.
    Wow, I always thought it was stupid to only "date" someone and not get into a relationship before marrying someone tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Dearie, we're anonymous for a reason, well st least I am as I've given details about my sex life. Not that being anonymous affects the points we're making.
    Alright "dearie"

Alright "dearie"
    Indeed honey

ReputationRep:
    Indeed honey
    Have a nice day babycakes

any chance we can have a chat then?
    Lmao and how exactly do you propose that when I'm not going to reveal my identity in this thread

Have a nice day babycakes
    Will do sweetie

ReputationRep:
    So many flavours, and they choose to be salty. :mmm:

Didnt say it would prevent it. I was saying it's much easier to get away from such abuse, as a woman, when you're not in an islamic marriage.
    Exactly! Preach it, they're just salty that Islmoc culture is so bigoted towards women and that they've been taught to deprecate themselves lol

ReputationRep:
    Someone just copied me and used my word! :mmm: (Yes, I own it) :cool:

Idk if you realised there is more than one person on anonymous. I chose it as I'm disclosing personal details about my sister's life and I dont want that discoverable on my TSR account. I think that's pretty fair.

(Original post by Saba XD)
    Someone just copied me and used my word! :mmm: (Yes, I own it) :cool:
    You neither own it nor invented it :mmm:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 17, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.