The Current Year 12 thread 2016-2017

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

(Original post by DamnDaniel2)
    Yaaaas ahaha! I've always thought you have finished your A Levels and are now off to Cambridge to study maths didn't realise you were going into year 12!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hahaha, I like Maths, but not as much as those guys in STEP prep threads or Mathemagicien. What made you think I was going to be doing Maths at Cambridge this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColossalAtom)
    Hahaha, I like Maths, but not as much as those guys in STEP prep threads or Mathemagicien. What made you think I was going to be doing Maths at Cambridge this year?
    Ahaha well I'll hopefully be applying there for maths and preparing for my STEP exams!

I thought I saw you on the threads posting about your STEP results and seeing you chatting with people who got accepted into Cambridge this year ahaha! So I assumed you were off to Trinity ahahaha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello! My Name is Ola and I'm 18 years Old about to start my AS levels at Tower Hamlets College I recently retook my GCSE's and finally got the grades i need to study the courses I want to study. I went from C's in all my science subjects to B's. I am going to study AS physics, chemistry and maths hoping for an A* in maths and A's in chemistry and physics. I would have to say my favorite subject would be chemistry and physics because I find the theoretical aspects of those subjects just so interesting. I thinking about studying Nuclear Engineering at Uni but I'm still open to more course options

ReputationRep:
    Hi, my name is Catherine and I'm about to start my a levels at Exeter college! I will be studying Fine Art, Sociology, Politics and Modern History. My main hobbies are drawing, baking and ice skating. I'm also learning guitar too if that counts.
    My dream career would be as an animator or the founder and head of my own animation studios.
    Hope everyone on this thread enjoys their a levels ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by DamnDaniel2)
    Ahaha well I'll hopefully be applying there for maths and preparing for my STEP exams!

I thought I saw you on the threads posting about your STEP results and seeing you chatting with people who got accepted into Cambridge this year ahaha! So I assumed you were off to Trinity ahahaha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I took a look at some STEP past papers and was overwhelmed by the problems. Sounds like you're really good at Maths. Take Additional Further Maths if you can.

I like browsing the STEP prep threads because of the banter they have with each other. Dedicated Maths students are funny to me.

ReputationRep:
    - Introduce yourself
    I'm Eleanor, I'm from Essex and I'm starting sixth form on Monday.

- What are your hobbies and interests?
    I enjoy Photography, Baking, Playing piano and walking my two dogs.

- What subjects are you planning to take?
    Government and Politics, Sociology, English Lit

- Your favourite subject(s)?
    Politics or Sociology
    - Your ideal future occupation?
    Politician, Political advisor, or Political Journalist/activist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epage)
    - Introduce yourself
    I'm Eleanor, I'm from Essex and I'm starting sixth form on Monday.
    I enjoy Photography, Baking, Playing piano and walking my two dogs.
    - What subjects are you planning to take?
    Government and Politics, Sociology, English Lit
    - Your favourite subject(s)?
    Politics or Sociology
    - Your ideal future occupation?
    Politician, Political advisor, or Political Journalist/activist.
    We have the exact same hobbies/interests

ReputationRep:
    Kind notice from a fellow Y13...

If you're in Y12 and you're going to an open day this Autumn, please do not go to any of the talks! It's really unfair on the Y13s who are there to see them but have fully booked because a few people in lower years have taken the seats.

By all means look around if you want to, but you've got next year to attend the talks. Y13 peeps don't have that chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeverFrench)
    We have the exact same hobbies/interests
    really? what dog(s) do you have? I have 2 black labradors

ReputationRep:
    I'm an aspiring future Cambridge CompSci

At GCSE I got:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*ABB - 10 A*s, 1 A, 2 Bs

Mathematics - A*
    Further Mathematics - A*
    English Language - A*
    English Literature - A*
    Biology - A*
    Chemistry - A*
    Physics - A*
    Economics - A*
    Computing - A*
    History - A*
    Art - A
    Classical Civilisation - B
    French - B

The B in class civ really bothered me as I was predicted A/A*, and the French was minorly disappointing as I wanted an A - though I still made good progress, in Year 10 I had a D in French and an E in Art! Oh well though, I don't think Cambridge will have a massive issue with 2 Bs though as the rest is good and they don't care about GCSEs too much anyway, do they?

At A-level I'm studying:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Mathematics (Pre-U)
    Further Mathematics (Pre-U)
    Physics (A-level)
    Computer Science (A-level)

+ Self-Studying Economics AS-level + doing an EPQ

Gl all for the next two years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epage)
    really? what dog(s) do you have? I have 2 black labradors

I Have pug and a chihuahua.
    I'm doing English lit history and R.S

ReputationRep:
    Aloha! I'm Revisionlad and I live in NI. Just finished GCSEs like the rest of you and am moving into AS LEVEL. I have chosen Bio, Chem, Maths and RE and I love playing Football with friends and Fifa obviously. I also like playing piano and singing. Hopefully my choices are in line with medicine . Nonetheless, I was in the Year 11 Snazztastic thread and just found out about this now! Hope you's all have a good time in Year 12 as you's call it...or Year 13 as we do here! Muahaha

ReputationRep:
    Hey there i'm 14 year old Aamina and my hobby is... reading i guess. I'm planning on taking physics math and government and politics in leicester high school for girls as an Ogden scholar. my favourite subjects are physics and math. i plan on being an astrophysicist pr aerospace engineer. wish me luck!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamina12345)
    Hey there i'm 14 year old Aamina and my hobby is... reading i guess. I'm planning on taking physics math and government and politics in leicester high school for girls as an Ogden scholar. my favourite subjects are physics and math. i plan on being an astrophysicist pr aerospace engineer. wish me luck!!!!
    What year are you in?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm Bloop and I'm starting sixth form next week in the north-west of England. I'm going to be taking biology, geography, maths, and literature, and my favourite hobbies are reading, doodling, and watching movies/series!

ReputationRep:
    - Introduce yourself:

Hello, my name is Francis! I start sixth form on Tuesday.

I like to write and read. My all time favourite book is currently Wuthering Heights. I love European history, in particular Russian history - and anything to do with empires or monarchs or conspiracies I will be interested in. I love biology and chemistry. You'll often find me reading random Wikipedia articles for hours. TV shows > movies.

What subjects are you planning to take?

Biology, chemistry, maths and philosophy and ethics.

Favourite subject?

I love all the subjects I'm planning on taking - but biology has to take the crown.

I'm considering doing a natural sciences degree (providing I get in) and then doing a postgraduate conversion course for Law, as opposed to doing a straight law degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francis_e_c)
    You'll often find me reading random Wikipedia articles for hours.
    Omg same! It's amazing how many hours can be spent reading them and how the most random ones can be so interesting

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    God guys what are u even getting for alevels?what books and what I don't know 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XLittleSparrowX)
    Omg same! It's amazing how many hours can be spent reading them and how the most random ones can be so interesting

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exactly! I can go from looking up something on a tv show I'm watching to the demographics of Uzbekistan. It takes up the majority of my day tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kxjzh)
    Anyone here doing AQA biology and/or Level 3 Health and Social Care diploma?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I'm doing Level 3 Health and Social care, Geography and Sociology

I found health and social care interesting on induction day so i took it, I wonder what it's going to be like

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.