ReputationRep:
    And what does that mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wise One)
    And what does that mean?
    there are lots of threads explaining UMS

do a search

ReputationRep:
    God, the people pining for AAAA are making me feel so inferior.

My predictions:
    Maths: A/B, expecting A.

Biology: A/B, expecting A.

Chemistry: C-D, i messed up the organic module terribly and expect to resit it. I expect to have to do a lot of catching up in chemistry this year.

General studies: B-D, i found the politics paper mediocre as we had to write our own politically minded questions and answer then, while my strength, the numeracy and statistics paper was very badly written. Anyone else do AQA general studies and agree?

ICT: I won't get an AS grade, only an A2 one at the end of the two years.

I'm not sure whether to drop general studies in favour of an AS in further maths as that's my favourite subject at the minute, but that depends on whether i have one or two chemistry exams to resit.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. It makes sense now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    From what I can tell, they will write in your UMS score if it's good, or alternatively, should you ask them to.

I think my UMS in History and Geography will be good, to be honest. So if I get say AAAB (B in Econ) and predicted three As (as I'll drop Econ - and run with English Lit, Geography, History) I'll be v. happy!!!
    You have basically done the exact same subjects as me except I did Law for AS instead of Economics and dropped it at A2. I'd recommend the combination of Geography,History and Eng Lit because they are useful subjects in terms of the general skills/abilities they give you. I got my highest UMS in Geography at AS, it tends to be a subject people clear grade boundaries quite significantly in.

ReputationRep:
    This time next week.... :eek: ...I know I won't be able to get any sleep!!!!

Good Luck once more!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose in Bloom)

Good Luck once more!!!
    it's slowly sinking in that this is it for me. no going back. can't change it. if i lose my place i lose my place. (that would be my initial reaction anyway)

i've been iving in a stupid false sense of security though- sounds odd but it's like there's this little guy inside who keep saying "hey, you might not have done great!" only the rest of me just thinks " la la la i'll be fine i was fine last yr and the yr before that so i'l be fine now". what if i'm not? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Priya, what grades do you need and what have you applied for! I am just being nosy! i haven't got anything else to do but sit tight and wait for results day! it is soooooooooo scary and nerve racking! my insides feel as thought they will explode with the amount of stress i am placing on them!

Sorry i am just soooooooooooo scared! i am relieved to read about so many people that are also feeling nervous! almost makes me seem normal! It is just that my future is resting on these grades!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by med115)
    Priya, what grades do you need and what have you applied for! I am just being nosy! i haven't got anything else to do but sit tight and wait for results day! it is soooooooooo scary and nerve racking! my insides feel as thought they will explode with the amount of stress i am placing on them!

Sorry i am just soooooooooooo scared! i am relieved to read about so many people that are also feeling nervous! almost makes me seem normal! It is just that my future is resting on these grades!
    i need AA in German/biol and a B in art to do BA German/Italian. only my art teacher told me i have an A in art already, it's the biology that's worrying me somewhat.

what do you need and for what course? my insides haven't got to the exploding stage just yet, but they're not far off!

ReputationRep:
    I need AAAAA in my ASs school has said with a B I stand a reduced chance for Oxbridge and a very low chance for LSE. I suppose it's fair enough really, I could have worked much much harder. Would be a shame to declassify a subject as well after working for it all year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose in Bloom)

Good Luck once more!!!
    Niether would I*LOL*,I'm scared 2,I dont want to pridect anything so that I wont be shocked on the day,aarrrgh 19th,I wish that I'd sleep for one whole week and wake up on the day after the results are out,wish I could get rid of being worried

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amrad)
    I need AAAAA in my ASs school has said with a B I stand a reduced chance for Oxbridge and a very low chance for LSE. I suppose it's fair enough really, I could have worked much much harder. Would be a shame to declassify a subject as well after working for it all year.
    You can always resit if a particular exam went bad. And you can always decline your AS grade and not put it on the UCAS form. 4 AS levels are plenty, especially if they are all A's.

I got all A's at AS and I still didnt get into Cambridge. When all the applicants have A's, grades really dont matter. Its about your interview. If you dont do really well in the interview (like me) you wont get a place, no matter how many A grades you have.

I wouldnt worry about getting a B. I would worry about your interview technique.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    i've been iving in a stupid false sense of security though- sounds odd but it's like there's this little guy inside who keep saying "hey, you might not have done great!" only the rest of me just thinks " la la la i'll be fine i was fine last yr and the yr before that so i'l be fine now". what if i'm not? :confused:
    me too

it feels like im due a bad spell of results, even though i worked pretty hard (although not as hard as previous years
    )

ReputationRep:
    im sh*tting myself about my AS results!!
    i just want to know what they are now, as i dont really know how ive done. all my mates keep telling me to shut up and how they dont want to know their grades but i just have to know, i havent wrked very hard so probably didnt do too well but still, not knowing is driving me crazy especially as 1 week to go tommorow :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunderstorm)
    im sh*tting myself about my AS results!!
    i just want to know what they are now, as i dont really know how ive done. all my mates keep telling me to shut up and how they dont want to know their grades but i just have to know, i havent wrked very hard so probably didnt do too well but still, not knowing is driving me crazy especially as 1 week to go tommorow :P

I'm the same, I try not to think about it but it just makes it worse

My school's gonna cash in my AS levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus)
    I'm the same, I try not to think about it but it just makes it worse

My school's gonna cash in my AS levels
    I don't understand the whole 'cashing in' thing. I have no idea whether my ASs are going to be cashed in!

ReputationRep:
    haha at mine u can decline certification- we get the choice . then u dont have to write ur **** grades on the uni application. they say this doesnt disadvantage you, but i would have thought it would if u only have one grade written down and say ur taking the other 3 in january!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    I don't understand the whole 'cashing in' thing. I have no idea whether my ASs are going to be cashed in!
    we had some boring talk about it for about 2 hours, its a bit weird

ReputationRep:
    I think cash in means that you can do resit to a paper individually,like if you did really bad in paper 2 physics,you can resit it with out redoing paper1 and practicaly...etc,and you can know the marks individually to each paper
    someone correct me if I'm wrong,coz I'm not really sure

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.