Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Anyone going to decked out on the 5th? Best line up ever

Can't wait, I got my tickets
    When I saw the lineup I thought it was some sort of cruel, elaborate joke.
    I'm still half expecting to turn up, only to be culled in the theatre, and our skin used to create a batch of limited edition Busy P trainers or some ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eileen Spalding)
    When I saw the lineup I thought it was some sort of cruel, elaborate joke.
    I'm still half expecting to turn up, only to be culled in the theatre, and our skin used to create a batch of limited edition Busy P trainers or some ****.
    I hope not, been looking forward to this for ages, my tickets came in the post last week :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    I hope not, been looking forward to this for ages, my tickets came in the post last week :woo:
    Yeah, I'm dragging my friend back from uni on the basis of 'if you don't go with me I will actually kill you, and you could well miss out on the best night of your life'
    Bangtidy

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if this is the kind of electro people are usually into on here, but the rather lovely new album from Four Tet is currently being streamed on DiS.

Click here to listen

I've not heard much of his stuff before but I think this is great!

ReputationRep:
    Where the hell is everyone? :holmes: :moon:

I'm going to see Kissy Sellout on friday, I absolutely can't wait, been an avid listener since he was first thrust onto In New Music We Trust on Radio 1. :coma:

I'll be at home over Easter so I won't be able to see Erol Alkan though. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Justice and Daft Punk = Kings of the genre.

Discovery and Alive 2007 are magnificent in completely different ways.

Planisphere is just incredible from Justice. Anyone able to recommend as good electro? I like the bloody beetroots but it's not on the same level as the above 2 for example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benmh92)
    Justice and Daft Punk = Kings of the genre.

Discovery and Alive 2007 are magnificent in completely different ways.

Planisphere is just incredible from Justice. Anyone able to recommend as good electro? I like the bloody beetroots but it's not on the same level as the above 2 for example.
    If you like those two I highly recommend MSTRKRFT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    If you like those two I highly recommend MSTRKRFT.
    Thanks but listened to them, alright but wasn't too fond of them.

ReputationRep:
    Boys Noize is like an almost-as-good-as-justice Justice.

ReputationRep:
    Kissy Sellout was fantastic, by the way, forgot to report back on that. :p:

Delighted that he played the Jack Beats mix of This Kiss, and he timed his inclusion of Rikkalicious virtually perfectly.
    Some nice Jack Beats and Hervé stuff that I hadn't heard before along with the stuff I had too, as well as some of his better remixes like The Libertines' "Ha Ha Wall".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Kissy Sellout was fantastic, by the way, forgot to report back on that. :p:

Delighted that he played the Jack Beats mix of This Kiss, and he timed his inclusion of Rikkalicious virtually perfectly.
    Some nice Jack Beats and Hervé stuff that I hadn't heard before along with the stuff I had too, as well as some of his better remixes like The Libertines' "Ha Ha Wall".
    Seeing Kissy Sellout on Friday. It's being recorded for Radio 1 so hopefully he plays some good stuff!

ReputationRep:
    If you thought waves was big last year

Everyone heard this at decked out and went ******* nuts for it, its going to be huuuuuuuuuuge

Again awesome

more minimal

pretty good

Listened to the kissy mix online, was ok I thought, nothing special though

ReputationRep:

Brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    If you thought waves was big last year

Everyone heard this at decked out and went ******* nuts for it, its going to be huuuuuuuuuuge
    I saw Erol Alkan, Diplo and Boys Noize do a set together and it was the best live set I've ever seen. Saw Erol Alkan twice now.

ReputationRep:
    Kissy set was boring. Never really got the crowd going at all. Was really excited when I got there and found out they had given him the smaller back room to play, Erol Alkan tore it apart in there last time so I was hoping for somethign similair but it didn't come close.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydoh)
    I saw Erol Alkan, Diplo and Boys Noize do a set together and it was the best live set I've ever seen. Saw Erol Alkan twice now.
    Yeah I've seen him loads, definitely the best DJ I've ever seen, when he was playing this song in his sets towards the end of 2008 it was just magnificent

This is the second track on the Lemonade EP, its probably better than the former

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm dragging my friend back from uni on the basis of 'if you don't go with me I will actually kill you, and you could well miss out on the best night of your life'
    Bangtidy
    I know it was aggggggges ago but how'd you find decked out? See Erol's doing a 7 hour set at the next bugged out? Dunno what to make of that

You'll remember this

In other news a certain boy wonder is back

I wanna see him DJ again saw him like over a year ago now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    I know it was aggggggges ago but how'd you find decked out? See Erol's doing a 7 hour set at the next bugged out? Dunno what to make of that

You'll remember this

In other news a certain boy wonder is back

I wanna see him DJ again saw him like over a year ago now!
    Decked out was weird... I don't quite understand why the Coronet is always being used now- it must be quite cheap to rent or something!

It was strange- there was this absolutely insane lineup (I was absolutely GUTTED about missing Bloody Beetroots- who I'm missing there again tonight to go to Nottingham ).... but it kind of felt like some sort of energy was missing- I got really upset that it was almost the dying throes of electro as we know it. Then again, I was in a bit of a sombre mood as I lost my phone that night, and then promptly got my keys/purse stolen as I left the venue.

Think there were some new Justice tracks floating around that night though, know anything more about it?

(Also, the Ed Banger party a few weeks ago felt completely different- it seemed to make a lot more 'sense' musically, while Decked Out seemed a bit of an awkward mish-mash with a lot of daft punk thrown in for good measure.)

And ahh yeah, Surkin Have you checked out his new radio station yet? Still never seen him play a set, which is pretty annoying. Loving all the Silver Island Ep though, it is elite.

Also Erol- I love his ****, but sometimes I can get a bit bored in his sets- it depends if he's kind of doing the Wizard's sleeve/disco 3000 style stuff, or just standard bangers. I think 7 hours of the former isn't quite a 'party' atmosphere, but I guess it depends what you want. He's doing a set in Paris the next day and as i'm over there I will definitely check it out... but I don't know if 7 hours is too much!
    Then again, if it's at Fire they will have all the other rooms open as well I assume...

ReputationRep:
    Decked out was weird... I don't quite understand why the Coronet is always being used now- it must be quite cheap to rent or something!

It was strange- there was this absolutely insane lineup (I was absolutely GUTTED about missing Bloody Beetroots- who I'm missing there again tonight to go to Nottingham ).... but it kind of felt like some sort of energy was missing- I got really upset that it was almost the dying throes of electro as we know it. Then again, I was in a bit of a sombre mood as I lost my phone that night, and then promptly got my keys/purse stolen as I left the venue.

Think there were some new Justice tracks floating around that night though, know anything more about it?

(Also, the Ed Banger party a few weeks ago felt completely different- it seemed to make a lot more 'sense' musically, while Decked Out seemed a bit of an awkward mish-mash with a lot of daft punk thrown in for good measure.)

And ahh yeah, Surkin Have you checked out his new radio station yet? Still never seen him play a set, which is pretty annoying. Loving all the Silver Island Ep though, it is elite.

Also Erol- I love his ****, but sometimes I can get a bit bored in his sets- it depends if he's kind of doing the Wizard's sleeve/disco 3000 style stuff, or just standard bangers. I think 7 hours of the former isn't quite a 'party' atmosphere, but I guess it depends what you want. He's doing a set in Paris the next day and as i'm over there I will definitely check it out... but I don't know if 7 hours is too much!
    Then again, if it's at Fire they will have all the other rooms open as well I assume...
    Coronet was an alright venue, it was big which was a must, I'd have preferred Brixton though, the sloping floor there is genius, hmm yeah it had something missing for me too. I think I'd just built it up in my mind waaaaay too much, the line up meant I was looking forward to it loads and it was never really gonna live up to that, great nights out I've had in the past have been ones I wasn't really expecting much of, sucks about your stuff getting stolen, though it was so packed there! Getting to the smoking area was a ******* nightmare, felt well sketchy that night though I was ****** due to shoving a gram of mephedrone in my mouth, never doing that again :no:

Speaking of bloody beeetroots, love their Vitalic remix

It wasn't a new Justice track, I linked lemonade for a reason lol, that was the big new song everyone was raving about

I was gonna go to the Ed Banger party but then forgot to get tickets, idiot like I am, wish I went though, love Fake Blood. Whats this Surkin radio station? I dunno anything about it I'm afraid

7 hours is mental for Erol, I'm giving it a miss, not a fan of his Wizards sleeve stuff to be honest, bangers all the way for me, guess that's why I never really enjoy WetYourself that much either, went to Fire for NY in 2008, definitely the best night of my life, with Erol, Hannah Holland, Brodinski and Surkin, great venue

Oh and you sound like my kind of person :teeth:

ReputationRep:

Stuck on repeat for me atm. :coma:

Also...

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.