Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForAllOfThis)
    I have to agree as my speciality is the exact opposite. My understanding of psychology could surpass most peoples, I just can't remember the studies to save my life. I wish they had more applied questions like the appproaches question in PYA5. Easily get full marks on that part of the exam =).
    I know what you mean; I have great understand of the theories etc, but trying to remember exact names of stages and studies etc is a nightmare! And if I don't write the names etc it will look rather superficial! :mad:

That new spec just looks like a joke though!

ReputationRep:
    I’m so unbelievably ****ed for this exam tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    quick question.

i need a positive evaluation of crick and mitchison's reverse learning theory of dreaming.

i have so far...

+face validity - it seems logical that the brain would need to get rid of useless memories.
    +evidence from animals - 3 mammals have no REM sleep and their cerebral cortex's are larger in relation to their body size.
    + ??????

-the cerebral cortex's in these mammals are less folded and therefore may not actually have more of a capacity.
    -supporting evidence comes heavily from animals - cant generalise.
    -dreams are arranged into narrative stories - this theory doesnt explain taht.

QUIIICKK!! thanks so much!

ReputationRep:
    i think the exam tomorrow is goin to be awesome!!! i have a really good feeling about it.

i would suggest at least tryin to think positively. If you are already planning to fail this early, it wont help.

they wont expect us to know everything, so stressing out the night before is unnecessary ^^
    anyway, when ur actually doing the exam tons of little facts come back to you. :p:

so its awwwwwright people. its awwwwwwrightt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pink-marshmallow)
    i think the exam tomorrow is goin to be awesome!!! i have a really good feeling about it.

i would suggest at least tryin to think positively. If you are already planning to fail this early, it wont help.

they wont expect us to know everything, so stressing out the night before is unnecessary ^^
    anyway, when ur actually doing the exam tons of little facts come back to you. :p:

This GIRL knows what shes on about =).

(so sorry! - Its been a long day and you had a man in your picture and I wasnt paying attention)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForAllOfThis)
    This man knows what hes on about =).
    ....im a girl !!!!!!!!!1 :rolleyes:

EDIT: OH I SEE! :p:

ReputationRep:
    thats cool and all...

but i still need my evaluation point.

ReputationRep:
    just to say good luck to everyone, hope the questions you desire come up
    xxxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolguy456)
    I’m so unbelievably ****ed for this exam tomorrow
    So am i

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiberationFrequency)
    quick question.

i need a positive evaluation of crick and mitchison's reverse learning theory of dreaming.

i have so far...

+face validity - it seems logical that the brain would need to get rid of useless memories.
    +evidence from animals - 3 mammals have no REM sleep and their cerebral cortex's are larger in relation to their body size.
    + ??????

-the cerebral cortex's in these mammals are less folded and therefore may not actually have more of a capacity.
    -supporting evidence comes heavily from animals - cant generalise.
    -dreams are arranged into narrative stories - this theory doesnt explain taht.

QUIIICKK!! thanks so much!
    +Negative correlation between body size and sleep length, suggests that brain size and REM are inversseley related as would be predicted (Siegel, 1995)

-Computer simulation didn't reduce parasitic associations (Christos, 1996)
    -Presumed link between dreaming and REM sleep not exact: 80% of REM sleep has dreams, 7% of NREM (Dement and Kleitman, 1957)

ReputationRep:

I agree with thinking positive and all but its quite hard when like me you can't seem to remember anything.

ReputationRep:

i kinda agree wid u, its like once u start writin, things fly bk into ur head =)
    what q's u think r guna *** up?...

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, if I look at anymore psychology, I will explode.

Good luck tomorrow everyone.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pulling an all-nighter.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to bed, no point stressing further, may as well get a good night's sleep =) good luck for tomorrow everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone x x x

ReputationRep:
    Right well im stopping now...seriously this is doing me no good i actually cried earlier who sad is that...wat a fool i am. Oh well not much that can be done now. Im going go bed. Good luck to you all.....just try your best. xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    I'm pulling an all-nighter.
    me 2 mate, gonna try n stay up til 1 or 2 then wake up at 3 or 4 dependin on what time i get to bed

ReputationRep:
    Good luck for every one

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone. Im probably going to be up half the night. Theres no way im going to be able to sleep while im this stressed.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 22, 2008

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.