Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know how to answer my Climatology exam last week, so I wrote a page of my internal monologue, spouting rubbish like "The words 'perhaps' and 'maybe' are pointless as they amount to nothing" and the classic "'Stating the obvious' is always used in a stating-the-obvious kind of way, making the user of such a phrase an arrogant idiot".

...Can you tell I'm a language student? :rolleyes:

Oh, and I wrote "Sorry" at the end of the page. :worm:

ReputationRep:
    I just remembered my drama class last year when we had to write about how to stage scene one of Blood Wedding. All the stage directions say is "The room is yellow"

My teacher left us to discuss it as a class, ready to write the essay the following week.

He left for 10 minutes. By the time he got back in we had planned a stage constructed entirely of cheese, with a selection of knives sticking out of every wall (because the only prop required was a knife and we wanted the actors to have diversity) and the actors all wearing wedding cakes on their head, firstly as symbolism and secondly in case they got peckish in the interval.

Another classic was our teacher saying "stage the play originally and symbolically"

To which we handed in a joint piece of written work:

"I would stage the play with the actors saying their lines while bouncing on trampolines, to symbolise that life has its ups and downs"

Ha Ha Ha

ReputationRep:
    my teacher is an examiner and she said that examiners hate it when students do that as it is 'unprofessional' and it may incline them to not being in your favour when deciding to give u a mark for something there unsure of...and that we shouldn't do it..?

(Original post by Aisha_s)
    my teacher is an examiner and she said that examiners hate it when students do that as it is 'unprofessional' and it may incline them to not being in your favour when deciding to give u a mark for something there unsure of...and that we shouldn't do it..?
    That seems very hypocritical.

ReputationRep:
    I wrote a note at the end of my History AS, because I did no revision and didn't have a clue what the questions were about. I think it was something like "I'm sorry you had to spend the last half hour reading that, I didn't do enough work and I understand that I will not be getting more than a U for these papers. Once again, I am truly sorry."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aisha_s)

It think it depends on the individual examiner. I mean, some people in life have a sense of humour. Some don't.

In a few years, I might become an examiner. Just for the fun of reading the papers of people like us bunch of nutters
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by EducatingBrogan)
    It think it depends on the individual examiner. I mean, some people in life have a sense of humour. Some don't.

In a few years, I might become an examiner. Just for the fun of reading the papers of people like us bunch of nutters

and i'll still be sitting exams because the examiners never seem to "get" my little witty remarks
    oh well. you can mark them and then i can finally get to uni!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I just remembered my drama class last year when we had to write about how to stage scene one of Blood Wedding. All the stage directions say is "The room is yellow"

My teacher left us to discuss it as a class, ready to write the essay the following week.

He left for 10 minutes. By the time he got back in we had planned a stage constructed entirely of cheese, with a selection of knives sticking out of every wall (because the only prop required was a knife and we wanted the actors to have diversity) and the actors all wearing wedding cakes on their head, firstly as symbolism and secondly in case they got peckish in the interval.

Another classic was our teacher saying "stage the play originally and symbolically"

To which we handed in a joint piece of written work:

"I would stage the play with the actors saying their lines while bouncing on trampolines, to symbolise that life has its ups and downs"

Ha Ha Ha

hahaha now THIS is why i'm going to drama school
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    I wrote a note at the end of my History AS, because I did no revision and didn't have a clue what the questions were about. I think it was something like "I'm sorry you had to spend the last half hour reading that, I didn't do enough work and I understand that I will not be getting more than a U for these papers. Once again, I am truly sorry."
    Aww! What did you actually get for that paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piece_by_piece)
    Aww! What did you actually get for that paper?
    U, actually I got UUU

I think it was a pretty good prediction, lol.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    i managed to put some interesting answers in my psychology exam today woooop.

Q. what is meant by the term "does not meet statistically significantly 5%."
    A. i'm sorry but my teacher never told me this

Q. describe one advantage of a parametric test
    A. computer says "no"

Q.identify another criterion, apart from level of measures
    A. no comment. speak to my agent

Q. describe and discuss the nature-nurture debate.
    A. i'm really really sorry but i know the tanswer to this i've just ran out of ti

LOL.
    roll on results day=]

ReputationRep:
    I had to write "sorry, I can't draw" next to a graph I sketched in my maths exam because it was awful! Hopefully they'll know what I meant...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francescarella)
    Q.identify another criterion, apart from level of measures
    A. no comment. speak to my agent

Haha :adore: I think I love you and your drama student-y-ness
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Haha :adore: I think I love you and your drama student-y-ness
    i was sat theere in the exam not having a clue what to write and though "hmmmm what would brogan do....?"

and then i put pen to paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francescarella)
    i was sat theere in the exam not having a clue what to write and though "hmmmm what would brogan do....?"

and then i put pen to paper

*sobs with sentimental pride*

I messed up my Welsh exam so bad today. We're given verbs in tenses and have to complete the sentence to show what it means (i.e if you're given "I saw" you'd have to say something like "I saw her in the shop yesterday so I knew what she was buying", you know coz then you've shown that you understand the tense AND the verb.)

Well, we were given "Cynhaliwyd"
    I had no idea what it meant but knew that "wyd" meant it was past tense, so I wrote "ddoe" to mean yesterday.

Then to play it safe, I wrote "Cynhaliwyd y peth ddoe"

(y peth means "the thing")

So I thought I was being awfully clever by thinking whatever the verb meant had happened, it happened to the unnamed "thing" yesterday.

Turns out it means "held" (as in event)

So the examiner's probably wondering what kind of "things" I hold in my spare time.

Ho hum. Faustus on Thursday. Wooooo! Going to have so much fun putting stupid remarks into that essay

ReputationRep:
    I put a little thank you at the end of my General Studies essay today - Lit. 'Thank you ' mainly because I wrote 10 pages and secondly because it was my last exam, lol.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I always draw a cow for my signature on the first page.
    it's not just a cow though, it's impossible for anybody else to draw them as child-like as I can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tallon)
    I always draw a cow for my signature on the first page.
    it's not just a cow though, it's impossible for anybody else to draw them as child-like as I can.
    I am so curious to see this cow.

ReputationRep:
    You can't get your paper cancelled for a stupid answer, can you? I had a 2.5hr exam today and answered every question bar one. I hate leaving things blank so I just wrote 'because Mike Tyson did it' lol pretty stupid but I'm kindof regretting it now...
    can someone please put my mind at ease (or prepare me for imminent faliure XD)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aROOba)
    You can't get your paper cancelled for a stupid answer, can you? I had a 2.5hr exam today and answered every question bar one. I hate leaving things blank so I just wrote 'because Mike Tyson did it' lol pretty stupid but I'm kindof regretting it now...
    can someone please put my mind at ease (or prepare me for imminent faliure XD)

No, the most they can do is look unimpressed and give you 0 for the question.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.