July, 30th (Wednesday) (7)
10%
July, 31st (Thursday) (10)
14.29%
Rafa
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Juwel)
The second part of that sentence goes "... but if he did, they'd probably be the best sub meets in the world." :teeth:

. Would be funny if it were true. I'd just got back from the meet, had to come home early for a reason. That's the second meet in a row I've abandoned early. Oh well, tomorrow I'm all yours. Err, don't tell that to your lawyer.
:rofl:
RobbieC
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Gna be playing injured tomorrow... ****ing lunatics chasing me over the fence!! ffs.

See you guys tomorrow!!
xx
Vintage
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by RobbieC)
Gna be playing injured tomorrow... ****ing lunatics chasing me over the fence!! ffs.

See you guys tomorrow!!
xx
you shouldn't have been robbing them then.
afc1886
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
So how did it go then? Obviously I'm gutted I couldn't have been there...
Socrates
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Awesome.

Will do a report at some point; thanks for a great time people
RobbieC
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Zomg. I'm exhausted as ****ery, but that was a splendid way to spend my Sunday. Thanks to all involved. I'm going to try and pump my report out tonight. I don't want it to be rushed though, so we'll see.

And afc1886, Croatia or whatever you are... you suck :-P
Rafa
(Original post by afc1886)
So how did it go then? Obviously I'm gutted I couldn't have been there...
'Twas class man :yy:

Cya soon pal.
Jangrafess
Badges: 16
Report 10 years ago
:jiggy: Will do a report almost straight away.
CJ
  • TSR Community Staff
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Think i'll try a report this time :yep: Will try before I go to bed, but we'll see.
CJ
  • TSR Community Staff
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
<CJ>'s 27th July '08 Footie Meet Report

Spoiler:
Show

Since i've not done one for at least the last 2 meets (I think) I thought I would this time.

Usual start in getting my stuff together, of which included a couple of 2 litre bottles and loads of fruit, to keep me going through the quite ridiculous heat (so much for rain and clouds... bah, weathermen). So got to KX and went to meet Rafa on the light blue line, otherwise known as Piccadilly apparently :confused: We also waited for Saaqi but no joy, only to find him on the next line at Oxford Circus, bingo!
So out of the hot stuffy underground, to the hot, stuffy outside where we waited in the heat after meeting up with Cal and Jess and soon to be Juwel. Realising this was a terrible idea we then waited at the station entrance, making the most of the shade whilst doing some stretching as one by one, people appeared.

The time came when we couldn't wait any longer and the few that were going to be late would have to find their way to the park, or get picked up by the Jangraman. London's best. So we discussed who was and wasn’t coming and set off on our sweaty way.

And so we got to the park, pretty much in the same spot where we were before under the unrelenting heat, so took our time, allowing the stragglers to turn up before we picked teams. This is the part where I remember who my captain was...hmmm... damn. I think i'll leave all the match reporty stuff out for someone else 'cos they'll do a better job at it. So just some general thoughts...
Despite the heat everyone did a damn good job. I don't think anyone really died in the first 30 mins or so and generally paced themselves well. I knew I wasn't going to be able to put myself about so much so opted for a defensive midfield/centre back position. Not a bad idea in hindsight. We also played with a couple of random Turks, Borat (:borat: - was that really his name?) and “yellow one” whatever his name was. They were ok, Borat :borat: was a greedy **** though, and his nonsensical 360 degree spins were annoying after a while (oh yeah, and he was on my team) and yellow dude wasn't very happy about a last ditch challenge I made on him. Meh.
So after a while we called time on the first game, for much needed fluid intake. The randoms then buggered off and in the process we’d lost Jangra who’d gone to pick up Holsey, although the likes of farhan and dan who turned up sometime so we had plenty playing.
We then played the 2nd game, which I thought would be our last at one point, as people were feeling the effects towards the end, and with the humidity, you get shattered really quite quickly even after a rest. But we soldiered on :proud: Was this when I was a captain? I don’t remember. I do remember choosing Juwel though, excellent choice which payed off with a very wicked goal IIRC.

Feet were hot so I had to take my boots off but all was good. Rafa was suffering a bit from an old injury which he picked up at the last meet, Saaqi was saying how the heat was taking it’s toll and Robbie at one point got some really bad calf cramp. ****ing ouch. Took ages for it to wear off but he was up and sprinting again in no time, superbly done Liam (Lord Hysteria) and Charl had also turned up at some point. I didn't have a clue who Liam was when he turned up... just some slender, well dressed guy. We'd chat for a bit later though...

Eventually we called it a day and sat down for a long awaited rest. Although, it wasn't really a rest, because we were still in the heat and miles from any shade (or so it seemed). TSR 'spoons was just too far away so we said bugger it, we'll go to the "small" one by Baker Street station.

It wasn't small, it was pretty big and empty, exxxcellent. Only downside was that they seemed to have spent their budget on a pretty looking beer temperature monitor-thing, and forgot to put any away for air con. Feck arse feck. It was warm in there and they had barely any windows open, with crap fans miles away.
Anyway we grabbed the comfy seats and chatted for bloody ages. I was such a lazy arse and couldn't be arsed to move at all as we talked about TSR related stuff but mostly non-TSR stuff. Food was :coma: and the liquids barely touched the sides. But yeah, we chatted, Rafa lied constantly, imtired asked me if I was TSR's owner, dirty texts were being thrown about as well as chips, salt and whatever was in reach, a soapy impulse spray was pinched, broken, fixed and broken again as well as people being tagged with it (inc' Jess nearly losing a hand after trying to tag Jacob lol). After a little while some people were due go see some live comedy with Andy Parsons or summat, but decided against it. Good call if you ask me.
Finally chatted to Liam towards the end, who still had no idea who I was He's a good guy both IRL and online and i'm glad he came today :yy:

Now people were slowly leaving and it was decided that a some of us who weren't leaving would head to a park. We got to Green Park where people had to leak, then headed towards St James' Park, only for me and Rafa to decid it wouldn't be worth it, and we couldn't afford to miss the last trains so turned around and walked all the way back. Fail. Sorry I couldn't say bye to those that were out in front, pleasure seeing everyone, hope everyone had a good time.

Lastly, got on a ****e train that was meant to take 30mins from KX but ended up taking over 60 because of a ****up. Balls. Ah well...

Good day :yy: Heat was a nightmare but we battled through it :cool:
Might do one of those player rater things, but really can't be arsed to remember everyone at this hour
dan
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
really good day we managed to play some pretty good football given the bumpiness of the pitch and that immense heat.

don't think i'll write a report, depends how i feel later :yes:
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
shame i could not have met you all again (though in that heat i can't say im too disappointed not to have played football yesterday :p:)
NVgrime
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
good day all hope 2 do it again soon

NV
Rafa
(Original post by <CJ>)
<CJ>'s 27th July '08 Footie Meet Report

Spoiler:
Show

Since i've not done one for at least the last 2 meets (I think) I thought I would this time.

Usual start in getting my stuff together, of which included a couple of 2 litre bottles and loads of fruit, to keep me going through the quite ridiculous heat (so much for rain and clouds... bah, weathermen). So got to KX and went to meet Rafa on the light blue line, otherwise known as Piccadilly apparently :confused: We also waited for Saaqi but no joy, only to find him on the next line at Oxford Circus, bingo!
So out of the hot stuffy underground, to the hot, stuffy outside where we waited in the heat after meeting up with Cal and Jess and soon to be Juwel. Realising this was a terrible idea we then waited at the station entrance, making the most of the shade whilst doing some stretching as one by one, people appeared.

The time came when we couldn't wait any longer and the few that were going to be late would have to find their way to the park, or get picked up by the Jangraman. London's best. So we discussed who was and wasn’t coming and set off on our sweaty way.

And so we got to the park, pretty much in the same spot where we were before under the unrelenting heat, so took our time, allowing the stragglers to turn up before we picked teams. This is the part where I remember who my captain was...hmmm... damn. I think i'll leave all the match reporty stuff out for someone else 'cos they'll do a better job at it. So just some general thoughts...
Despite the heat everyone did a damn good job. I don't think anyone really died in the first 30 mins or so and generally paced themselves well. I knew I wasn't going to be able to put myself about so much so opted for a defensive midfield/centre back position. Not a bad idea in hindsight. We also played with a couple of random Turks, Borat (:borat: - was that really his name?) and “yellow one” whatever his name was. They were ok, Borat :borat: was a greedy **** though, and his nonsensical 360 degree spins were annoying after a while (oh yeah, and he was on my team) and yellow dude wasn't very happy about a last ditch challenge I made on him. Meh.
So after a while we called time on the first game, for much needed fluid intake. The randoms then buggered off and in the process we’d lost Jangra who’d gone to pick up Holsey, although the likes of farhan and dan who turned up sometime so we had plenty playing.
We then played the 2nd game, which I thought would be our last at one point, as people were feeling the effects towards the end, and with the humidity, you get shattered really quite quickly even after a rest. But we soldiered on :proud: Was this when I was a captain? I don’t remember. I do remember choosing Juwel though, excellent choice which payed off with a very wicked goal IIRC.

Feet were hot so I had to take my boots off but all was good. Rafa was suffering a bit from an old injury which he picked up at the last meet, Saaqi was saying how the heat was taking it’s toll and Robbie at one point got some really bad calf cramp. ****ing ouch. Took ages for it to wear off but he was up and sprinting again in no time, superbly done Liam (Lord Hysteria) and Charl had also turned up at some point. I didn't have a clue who Liam was when he turned up... just some slender, well dressed guy. We'd chat for a bit later though...

Eventually we called it a day and sat down for a long awaited rest. Although, it wasn't really a rest, because we were still in the heat and miles from any shade (or so it seemed). TSR 'spoons was just too far away so we said bugger it, we'll go to the "small" one by Baker Street station.

It wasn't small, it was pretty big and empty, exxxcellent. Only downside was that they seemed to have spent their budget on a pretty looking beer temperature monitor-thing, and forgot to put any away for air con. Feck arse feck. It was warm in there and they had barely any windows open, with crap fans miles away.
Anyway we grabbed the comfy seats and chatted for bloody ages. I was such a lazy arse and couldn't be arsed to move at all as we talked about TSR related stuff but mostly non-TSR stuff. Food was :coma: and the liquids barely touched the sides. But yeah, we chatted, Rafa lied constantly, imtired asked me if I was TSR's owner, dirty texts were being thrown about as well as chips, salt and whatever was in reach, a soapy impulse spray was pinched, broken, fixed and broken again as well as people being tagged with it (inc' Jess nearly losing a hand after trying to tag Jacob lol). After a little while some people were due go see some live comedy with Andy Parsons or summat, but decided against it. Good call if you ask me.
Finally chatted to Liam towards the end, who still had no idea who I was He's a good guy both IRL and online and i'm glad he came today :yy:

Now people were slowly leaving and it was decided that a some of us who weren't leaving would head to a park. We got to Green Park where people had to leak, then headed towards St James' Park, only for me and Rafa to decid it wouldn't be worth it, and we couldn't afford to miss the last trains so turned around and walked all the way back. Fail. Sorry I couldn't say bye to those that were out in front, pleasure seeing everyone, hope everyone had a good time.

Lastly, got on a ****e train that was meant to take 30mins from KX but ended up taking over 60 because of a ****up. Balls. Ah well...

Good day :yy: Heat was a nightmare but we battled through it :cool:
Might do one of those player rater things, but really can't be arsed to remember everyone at this hour
Haha, ace Chris lol, and it's the Victoria Line :rofl:

Lying is bad, people are so gullible :teeth:
dan
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i wasn't that bad
Jangrafess
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Holsy)
My report:

So after waking up late and then discovering that all trains on my line were closed, I arrived horribly late. Thankfully Jangrafess came to meet me at the station, and after our really unsuccessful hunt for Ben n Jerry’s, and a fleeting wish to stay in Tesco’s where it was cold, we headed back for Reagent’s Park. I was filled in about the randomers who joined in the forum footy meet, but unfortunately they’d gone by the time Jangrafess and I had arrived. (We never went to Primrose Hill though!)

I was immediately greeted by figureeight exclaiming we’d been gone for an hour and a half, as the match had finished. I think, at this point, RobbieC, was lying on the floor stretching out some football injury at which point musicbloke told me I should go over there as a prospective medic. I refrained. I spoke to neon who was looking pink and worn out under an umbrella, and chatted with JessicaW for a bit. It wasn’t long before everyone was crying out for water so we trekked to the overpriced shop and bought warm bottles of water – and then we noticed taps of drinking water about 10m away.

And yes, in hideous school-team picking session the teams were sorted. My team comprised (unlucky for them): Jangrafess, Vesta (who has pretty wicked), dan, rafa, musicbloke, um ...I think. Wow, see, yeah. I’m sorry, at that time I didn’t know much of you and just knew to tackle the people who looked sort of intently towards our goal (which usually was Juwel and NVGrime(sp?) . Anyway, yeah. I was a typical girl and rather than headering the ball, I ducked. But I tackled a few people; it made me feel not so useless. It made up for the almost-own-goal I’d made earlier. I preferred Jangrafess’ story that it was some clever ruse I’d made to lure you into a false sense of security. We’ll stick with that. :wink2:

By that time Charl and Lord Hysteria had arrived, and I somehow got out of the rest of football. Bedshaped started playing then for the team I was on, so I didn’t feel too bad. Shame we lost though. Juwel claimed to have single-handly won it :p:; he did do a pretty good job to be fair. Alas, the team I was on lost, but I was concentrating on staying hydrated at that point. You all were pretty good though, so kudos :yy:

So after sitting, we toddled off to ‘spoons in desperate need of somewhere that wouldn’t give us heat stroke. On the way I got to talk to Lord Hysteria, who I haven’t really talked to before. Actually, I hadn’t talked to him at all before. He was well spoken and lovely (and also part Italian so he’s pretty great in my books). It was a shame I didn’t meet him the day before.
Once we got there, Jangrafess and I, disappointed with our previous BnJs failure, got mint bombes. Thank you very much for buying me a bombe. :^_^: Calcium878 suggested its resemblance to a mint poo, but it was nice regardless. It was really great talking with you all, and I wish I got round to CJ and RobbieC for example. Charl took a record seven trips to the toilet, but only went once or twice. She was just out accomplice. It was a great night, and Charl seemed to get tipsy on blackcurrent.. Bedshaped came over for a bit, who pretty soon established I’m deaf as my height is 17 apparently. After some singing ‘come fly with me’ we shouted that Charl fancied musicbloke. It was at that point established that Dan and I were lightweights. Sorry for my inane ramblings.

I spoke to Rafa and JessicaW at the table with the high-stools which was pretty nice, as I hadn’t really beforehand. Rafa pretty soon tried to lie about something, but I was either feeling not very gullible or it was just pants. Sitting on the sofa was immature fun, with figureeight and neon sending Charl and I texts forwarded from Jangrafess which were the utmost filth. Charl and I did the obligatory girly giggling/perving and I did the inevitable “NO CHARL I DO NOT FANCY EVERY GUY I TALK TO.” Which she still doesn’t believe...

Anyway it was a great meet, and hopefully the next time there was be less heat and humidity and I’ll play more footy (is that a good thing though?). I hope I get to talk to some of you more in the coming times.
Thank you to dan for seeing me home safely and listening to my panics whilst desperately trying to scrounge a lift from a friend from a distant station.

Amusing moments:
* The football
* Jangrafess our fun times, and the ice cream. We didn’t talk about Doctor Who then though.
* figureeight trying to stick his finger up at neon with his broken and bound finger as a result of neon making crude hand-gestures when figureeight so much as breathed at someone female.
* Talking to paperclip – he’s one cool guy. I was a bit rambley by this point.
* Charl corrupting me. It wouldn’t have been the same without her.
* Neon saving his number as ‘fit’. That joke was could wear very thin, but he’s succeeded in making me think of him everytime someone says fit (which he’ll love).
* Dan being a giggly girl when drunk with the funniest smile.
*Turning around to find a swan in my drink courtesy of musicbloke and then a quick talk about medical stuff (which I had managed to introduce because of royhpnol) before I decided to shut up and not be one-of-those-medics who I hate.
* JessicaW just being Jess (who I hope to talk to more soon).
* Charl, Dan and I getting hideously lost because we decided to follow Dan who couldn’t even walk in a straight line.
I am an amusing moment. :proud: Great report.

I'm halfway through mine in MS Word.
RobbieC
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sakme ere, mines expic and im a bit tipsy right nwo tbd.
Rafa
(Original post by Holsy)
My report:

So after waking up late and then discovering that all trains on my line were closed, I arrived horribly late. Thankfully Jangrafess came to meet me at the station, and after our really unsuccessful hunt for Ben n Jerry’s, and a fleeting wish to stay in Tesco’s where it was cold, we headed back for Reagent’s Park. I was filled in about the randomers who joined in the forum footy meet, but unfortunately they’d gone by the time Jangrafess and I had arrived. (We never went to Primrose Hill though!)

I was immediately greeted by figureeight exclaiming we’d been gone for an hour and a half, as the match had finished. I think, at this point, RobbieC, was lying on the floor stretching out some football injury at which point musicbloke told me I should go over there as a prospective medic. I refrained. I spoke to neon who was looking pink and worn out under an umbrella, and chatted with JessicaW for a bit. It wasn’t long before everyone was crying out for water so we trekked to the overpriced shop and bought warm bottles of water – and then we noticed taps of drinking water about 10m away.

And yes, in hideous school-team picking session the teams were sorted. My team comprised (unlucky for them): Jangrafess, Vesta (who has pretty wicked), dan, rafa, musicbloke, um ...I think. Wow, see, yeah. I’m sorry, at that time I didn’t know much of you and just knew to tackle the people who looked sort of intently towards our goal (which usually was Juwel and NVGrime(sp?) . Anyway, yeah. I was a typical girl and rather than headering the ball, I ducked. But I tackled a few people; it made me feel not so useless. It made up for the almost-own-goal I’d made earlier. I preferred Jangrafess’ story that it was some clever ruse I’d made to lure you into a false sense of security. We’ll stick with that. :wink2:

By that time Charl and Lord Hysteria had arrived, and I somehow got out of the rest of football. Bedshaped started playing then for the team I was on, so I didn’t feel too bad. Shame we lost though. Juwel claimed to have single-handly won it :p:; he did do a pretty good job to be fair. Alas, the team I was on lost, but I was concentrating on staying hydrated at that point. You all were pretty good though, so kudos :yy:

So after sitting, we toddled off to ‘spoons in desperate need of somewhere that wouldn’t give us heat stroke. On the way I got to talk to Lord Hysteria, who I haven’t really talked to before. Actually, I hadn’t talked to him at all before. He was well spoken and lovely (and also part Italian so he’s pretty great in my books). It was a shame I didn’t meet him the day before.
Once we got there, Jangrafess and I, disappointed with our previous BnJs failure, got mint bombes. Thank you very much for buying me a bombe. :^_^: Calcium878 suggested its resemblance to a mint poo, but it was nice regardless. It was really great talking with you all, and I wish I got round to CJ and RobbieC for example. Charl took a record seven trips to the toilet, but only went once or twice. She was just out accomplice. It was a great night, and Charl seemed to get tipsy on blackcurrent.. Bedshaped came over for a bit, who pretty soon established I’m deaf as my height is 17 apparently. After some singing ‘come fly with me’ we shouted that Charl fancied musicbloke. It was at that point established that Dan and I were lightweights. Sorry for my inane ramblings.

I spoke to Rafa and JessicaW at the table with the high-stools which was pretty nice, as I hadn’t really beforehand. Rafa pretty soon tried to lie about something, but I was either feeling not very gullible or it was just pants. Sitting on the sofa was immature fun, with figureeight and neon sending Charl and I texts forwarded from Jangrafess which were the utmost filth. Charl and I did the obligatory girly giggling/perving and I did the inevitable “NO CHARL I DO NOT FANCY EVERY GUY I TALK TO.” Which she still doesn’t believe...

Anyway it was a great meet, and hopefully the next time there was be less heat and humidity and I’ll play more footy (is that a good thing though?). I hope I get to talk to some of you more in the coming times.
Thank you to dan for seeing me home safely and listening to my panics whilst desperately trying to scrounge a lift from a friend from a distant station.

Amusing moments:
* The football
* Jangrafess our fun times, and the ice cream. We didn’t talk about Doctor Who then though.
* figureeight trying to stick his finger up at neon with his broken and bound finger as a result of neon making crude hand-gestures when figureeight so much as breathed at someone female.
* Talking to paperclip – he’s one cool guy. I was a bit rambley by this point.
* Charl corrupting me. It wouldn’t have been the same without her.
* Neon saving his number as ‘fit’. That joke was could wear very thin, but he’s succeeded in making me think of him everytime someone says fit (which he’ll love).
* Dan being a giggly girl when drunk with the funniest smile.
*Turning around to find a swan in my drink courtesy of musicbloke and then a quick talk about medical stuff (which I had managed to introduce because of royhpnol) before I decided to shut up and not be one-of-those-medics who I hate.
* JessicaW just being Jess (who I hope to talk to more soon).
* Charl, Dan and I getting hideously lost because we decided to follow Dan who couldn’t even walk in a straight line.
Sweet report :teeth:
Jangrafess
Report 10 years ago
Alreet, I woke up at about 9am after sleeping around 5. Four hours wasn't too bad. Dom was up already at the other end of the room. Asif, Matt and Alex (iliketurtles) were still asleep and remained so until 10ish. Dom then complained that it was too uncomfortable and announced that he'd be going home rather than to the meet. We lay around and didn't move for ages. Then we realised that we had to be at Baker Street in two hours, so Alex, Matt and I took turns to shower. The other two didn't, the slimey *******s. We left mine at 12.15 or something and we knew we'd be late, particularly after Matt managed to spend forever in Tescos. Dragging a huge crate of Strongbow around on the tube wasn't that much fun, but we weren't going far. Asif, Matt and I left the other two at Bond Street and were only twenty-ish minutes late. Juwel, CJ, Socrates, MB, Cal, Guvnor, Jess and Rafa were there when we arrived. Holly texted me saying she'd be around in a few hours, Henry said he'd be there somewhat earlier than that, NVgrime said he was mere minutes away. And so on and so on. Organisation part done. They walked to the park, I waited for Nathan. Nathan arrived soon and we caught up to Jacob, Cal and whoever they were with fairly quickly. As we were walking to the pitch, Robbie zipped past us. He was summoned and slowed down well. We got to the others at the pitch and teams were selected. CJ and Asif were captains. Teams ended up as follows (I think):

<CJ>:

Can't remember.

Bedshaped:

Can't remember.

Yeah, so we started. It was boiling hot, but we had really amazing pitches, marked out by cones and everything. Very impressed. My team went 0-1 down, can't remember who got their opener. Then it was 2-1 to us. 2-2. 3-2 to us. NVgrime was a useful striker for my team (can't remember who my captain was), and Juwel played well in center mid. I played a sort of dodgy 'don't know where I am' position again. Everywhere from right-back to left-wing forward. I definitely played better than I have done at past TSR meets, as I wasn’t totally useless. I set up a goal early on and put some passes through for Minas (the Turk in the yellow) and got helpfully annoyed at Fnargh (or whatever he said his name was. The other Turk). He never ever fecking passed the damn ball. figureeight was excellent for whichever side he was on, switching to ours in the second game. There weren’t many great moments in the first match that I remember, other than Socrates frantically dawdling after the ball when it came near him. Then sniggering when he missed it. Well done Soc. :five: You were an excellent double agent. When we went 3-2 up Holly texted me saying she was nearly at the station so I ran off after Cal who’d just gone to pick Vesta up. We talked about stuff on our way there then Shak came round the corner. So they went back to the park and I continued on my quest. I remembered the Circle line was down so I had no idea where to wait. I sat on the fence for a while. She wasn’t quick. :dry: She got there eventually though, pleased to see she was dressed for football. :yeah: However, there were more pressing matters at hand than getting back to the others. We decided to spend the next hour and a half (pfft, forty minutes really, you ********s) having rampant sex. And by rampant sex I mean trying to find Ben and Jerry’s ice cream, as she promised me some yesterday. :yep: But the Tesco’s freezer was broken. :sad: We walked back and Cal called telling us to stop shagging and that we’d been away for ages. We joined the others to discover that the game was over, the Turks had left and Robbie was lying on the ground injured with Rafa, ever the opportunist, feeling up his right leg. Dirty pervert. Apparently we’d lost 4-3 after I’d gone. I blame this entirely on the fact that I left, solely so that I can mirror Juwel’s later similar claim. I kicked the ball about a bit with NVgrime, dan and <CJ> while I waited for other people to be ready. Water was served, shade was sukh (past tense of seek) and injuries were overcome.

Some of us went down to the other end of the pitch to play some sixty seconds, and I finally managed to score a goal at a TSR meet. This is deserving of a paragraph of its own.

I can’t even remember the captains for the second game, although I suspect I was one of them. On my team where Rafa, Bedshaped, Robbie, dan, Holly, Vesta and musicbloke. MB stood in goal, wearing a jacket and smoking, just like keepers did in the 60’s. I was impressed when he threw the fag down to catch the ball. We went 3-0 down pretty quickly. In defence we had myself and Holly against NVgrime and Juwel, with figureeight and Guvnor bombing down the wings. It was ****ing hard to get the ball off them, but I think we handled it well. :cool: 3-0 wasn’t so bad. Then MB decided to stop playing in goal, f8 switched teams, Cal and Shak dropped out and we fought back to a slightly more respectable 4-2 loss. After 3-2 Rafa craftily decided that it would be golden goal – probably our only chance of winning after dan and Bedshaped put some great passing combinations together for each of our two goals. However, MB leaving the game meant I was in goal. I came out for a cross, flapped at it serenely and it fell to Juwel who slotted home for the match. :hmpf:

Then water was required so I walked to the taps, bumping into Charl, Holly and Jess on the way who had also gone. It was cold when we had some, but warm by the time we got it to the rest. We won. :champ:

When we got back we walked to the local pub, and Asif, Liam, Holly and I attacked the cash machine. I’d brought along my cash card after the ATM yesterday swallowed me debit card, and was very excited about finding £20 there. I hadn’t held a twenty pound note in about a month previously. It was heaven, and I spent it well. £3.20 on mint bombes, little more on a coke, and the rest on a trip down to Brighton today. Thought you’d all love to know that. I’m rambling a little here as it’s 00.30 and I only have Charl for company on MSN… I really love those mint bombes. Juwel bought me a drink, for which he cements his legendary status. Jess gave me some cold sausages she’d left at one point, but they were pretty unappealing and the man who’d want Jess’ used sausage is a braver one than me. I spent a long time talking to Holly and Henry down at our part of the table, then he turned around to the more serious football lot, and we decided to allow Charl to scrape into our conversation. Samaritans, us. dan, Cal and Liam (Lord Hysteria) joined in and we ended up talking about some homophobic post someone made, but Charl thought we were talking about wes. Fool. :dry:

Urm. Then we all moved around the pub a little. MB pushed me off my seat, the *******. Matt started attention seeking by throwing sachets of mayonnaise around. Paperclip arrived. Etcetera. Liam, Cal and I went for a booze run and he showed up Shak’s school. FASCINATING. Then they talked about their gheyness for ages and I considered mentioning straightness as a lifestyle choice, but ended up just listening.

We got back to the pub and I tried to edit some graffiti in the toilets. ‘Queen’s Park Rangers’ to ‘Queen’s Park Rangers belong here, but the pen didn’t work. :dry: Cal and I texted Katie at about the same time, but she didn’t reply as her phone died and she assumed we were in the usual pub. Sorry!

Urm. Should explain stuff now. I was still in my sweaty top, it was boiling in the pub and I was starting to go into a bit unstable. Matt and Henry sent me pervy texts so I walked around Regents’ Park trying to think of the worst replies I could. Took a while. They forwarded them to Holly, with love from Mike. Didn’t reply to me either. I was looking forward to the phone sex.

I came back and still wasn’t too happy. People left bit by bit and I was again promised the Ben and Jerry’s. :yeah: Then Cal and I went for fresh air. After this I didn’t really enjoy stuff, so I’ll stop here.

Player ratings:

<CJ>: solid as ever, good at the cutting passes.
Juwel: Omnipresent.
NVgrime: Clinical finishing.
Neon: Kicked the ball every now and then.
F8: Great runs, good vision. One of the best players on the pitch.
Socrates: would have preferred to flirt with the ball.
Cal: dedicated to his defending.
Guvnor: fecking impossible to tackle!
Rafa: utter ****e – like a cross between Titus Bramble and a shrimp with leprosy.
Me: Two left hands for feet.
Holsy: Committed defender, nearly scored a spectacular goal, but cleared it a hell of a lot. Ducked a lot though. :p:
Vesta: went for the ball more than in previous meets. Really good to have on my team clearing it.
MB: likes cigarettes.
RobbieC: great header of the ball, and good with his feet too. He’ll always be one of my first picks at these things.
Farhan: good at running from the center and sees passes.
Bedshaped: seems to be all over the place like Juwel.
Dan: VERY good player, especially with the ball at his feet.
Imtired: Did well at pushing up the flanks.

Sorry if I missed you out.
Bedshaped
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
jokes :teeth:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (100)
40.16%
No - but I will (12)
4.82%
No - I don't want to (16)
6.43%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (121)
48.59%

Watched Threads