Imagining what people look like Watch

WarmSound
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Smoobla)
Until I saw you had linked this from a movie website, I thought it was actually you and I wanted to say that I would go gay for you.
Do you mean that you thought that the picture of Josh hartnett was actually a girl? It's like that episode of futurama where Zap Brannigan thinks that Leela is a man but feels attracted to her anyway and begins to question his sexuality. Well, sort of.

(Original post by Aconite)
Dirty ash-blonde. A bit new-agey looking, but not dippy.
That's my natural hair colour so you're half right, but I dye the **** out of it. I'm not sure what to make of the new-agey part! I want to deny it, but I'm too busy thinking of a new username and avatar to justify the denial.
DoMakeSayThink
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
When you're reading posts on here, do you involuntarily create a (probably totally inaccurate) mental picture of the person behind the username? This only applies if the person doesn't have a picture on their profile, fairly obviously.

I always seem to do this, particularly if it's someone who posts regularly.

Is it just me, or do you all do this too?
I'm guilty of this, I'm afraid.

Similarly so of being extremely curious as to how people would picture me through my contributions to TSR, so much, in fact, that I'm quite tempted to remove the picture in my profile...
Sprout_hair
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeaah... i do..
But i always imagine everyone goodlooking for some reason!
Mrgd291190
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh, right! Thanks.

I'm quite pleased that I didn't just assume you thought I was attractive. I'm not vain after all! :p:

I know I have a picture of me in my avarar, but it's only 50 pixels high and you can't really tell what I look like, so... What do I look like?! (You can just talk clothes if you want! :cool: )
You're welcome

You're not vain! Just slow!

From that picture...quite pretty, of course :hubba: , I'd imagine you wear quite pale colours with...red spots on it, maybe as a sash around the waist. No idea why I picture you like that, I think you must remind me of someone I've seen who wears that. I don't know weather you're tall or petite but I think it's be 5'10"+ or under 5'3", not average. Don't know what else to comment on.
Close?

P.S. Sub and get a bigger pic ...although, I haven't made use of this either...I should really find a new pic
.:Emma:.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Hello_Kitty)
I always imagine people to be their avatar!

I am my avatar
Smoobla
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mrgd291190)
You're welcome

You're not vain! Just slow!

From that picture...quite pretty, of course :hubba: , I'd imagine you wear quite pale colours with...red spots on it, maybe as a sash around the waist. No idea why I picture you like that, I think you must remind me of someone I've seen who wears that. I don't know weather you're tall or petite but I think it's be 5'10"+ or under 5'3", not average. Don't know what else to comment on.
Close?

P.S. Sub and get a bigger pic ...although, I haven't made use of this either...I should really find a new pic
Haha, when I looked at the picture on your profile, I thought you had a mullet and was agog for a few seconds! When I realised it was another person's hair I was actually rather upset. I think you could work a mullet.

Pale colours... Nah. :p: I always wear bright colours! I don't feel right unless I'm quite garish. Today I'm wearing a bright blue polo shirt with a red cardigan, denim shorts and yellow shoes. The primary colours. :cool: Until recently, I never wore jeans. I wear shorts most days, even in winter. I wore bright tights two years before everyone else. I have a secret penchant for designer tailoring although I have little occassion to wear it. I nearly always wear a scarf/pashmina/neckerchief. So, that's my clothes!

I'm 6' tall, so that was fairly accurate...
Smoobla
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by .:Emma:.)
I am my avatar
I thought it was Hermione Granger in your avatar, and you were called Emma due to the actor's name!
thats funny
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Someone's got to be ginger, I'll let you know when I find who I think it probably is :yy:
Mrgd291190
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Haha, when I looked at the picture on your profile, I thought you had a mullet and was agog for a few seconds! When I realised it was another person's hair I was actually rather upset. I think you could work a mullet.
Lol, yeah, I love that photo. I have actually got long hair now, that photos a year old. I took some photos recently cause I was shaving and wanted a memory (:sad:) and it shows me with fairly long hair. Have to upload one...

Pale colours... Nah. :p: I always wear bright colours! I don't feel right unless I'm quite garish. Today I'm wearing a bright blue polo shirt with a red cardigan, denim shorts and yellow shoes. The primary colours. :cool: Until recently, I never wore jeans. I wear shorts most days, even in winter. I wore bright tights two years before everyone else. I have a secret penchant for designer tailoring although I have little occassion to wear it. I nearly always wear a scarf/pashmina/neckerchief. So, that's my clothes!
I feel blinded, even through the screen
Sounds cool though, I like it, you sound...unique (and I mean that in the best possible way), bit of a trend-setter. I also like shorts and scarves!

I'm 6' tall, so that was fairly accurate...
DAMN - I was going to say 6' or 6'1 but I thought I was going too far.

If you don't mind my saying - I am thoroughly impressed
Smoobla
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mrgd291190)
Lol, yeah, I love that photo. I have actually got long hair now, that photos a year old. I took some photos recently cause I was shaving and wanted a memory (:sad:) and it shows me with fairly long hair. Have to upload one...

I feel blinded, even through the screen
Sounds cool though, I like it, you sound...unique (and I mean that in the best possible way), bit of a trend-setter. I also like shorts and scarves!

DAMN - I was going to say 6' or 6'1 but I thought I was going too far.

If you don't mind my saying - I am thoroughly impressed
Thank you!

The description of what I'm wearing actually sounds hideous, but I think I'm enormously stylish! I do worry that shorts and scarves together is something of a faux pas, but I'll continue to work it! :cool:

When you say your hair is longer now... Are we talking long enough to be styled into a mullet?
Mrgd291190
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thank you!
You're welcome *bows*

The description of what I'm wearing actually sounds hideous, but I think I'm enormously stylish! I do worry that shorts and scarves together is something of a faux pas, but I'll continue to work it! :cool:
Don't worry about it! Individualism rocks

When you say your hair is longer now... Are we talking long enough to be styled into a mullet?
I'm currently actually wearing it as a ponytail, just to try it out.

Yeah, it's a fair mullet.

My Photobucket currently refuses to let me upload photos...hmm...
Charliexxbby
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I always picture people based on the smileys they use XD i don't know why, but it works for me...although when I do see them they look NOTHING like what I pictured
thats funny
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't know the persons name, but someone I was arguing with because he was all distrusting and thick seemed to perhaps be ginger, anonymous HnRer- I'd reckon he's ginger. Yep :yy:
.:Emma:.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I thought it was Hermione Granger in your avatar, and you were called Emma due to the actor's name!
lol!! I don;t think I look like Hermione at all!

haha although I'd love to actually look like Emma Watson, shes a stunner

haha

so I'm not sure if its a good or a bad thing really!
Aconite
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by thats funny)
I don't know the persons name, but someone I was arguing with because he was all distrusting and thick seemed to perhaps be ginger, anonymous HnRer- I'd reckon he's ginger. Yep :yy:
You keep putting your foot in it, treacle. First the "English is ****" thing, now "Gingers are distrusting and thick".

What can I say? Funny what a few little comments can do.
Seanisonfire
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Aconite you rock my world
mollymustard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by WarmSound)
When I don't have specific images for people I tend to group them together into types - rosie posie pudding and pie and mollymustard and someone I've forgotten are one type (petite/average height, medium brown hair, smiley). .

I'm not petite
I'm actually a beastly 5ft 10/11.
WarmSound
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by mollymustard)
I'm not petite
I'm actually a beastly 5ft 10/11.
Ah I was way off! Are you a smiley brunette, at least?
thats funny
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You keep putting your foot in it, treacle. First the "English is ****" thing, now "Gingers are distrusting and thick".

What can I say? Funny what a few little comments can do.
:eek: I never meant ginger people in general are like that - just this bloke - woops :p:
Aconite
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Seanisonfire)
Aconite you rock my world
:star:

Again, what can I say?

(Not much, it would seem, what with gingers being thick an' that.)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.37%
No - but I will (17)
5.4%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.35%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (154)
48.89%

Watched Threads