Cambridge '09 Applicants! Watch

Toiletpaper8
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
All the underage applicants apply there I believe.
anonymity007
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
this may seem desperate, and it is, is there absolutaly no way we can be placed in the pool now?
Isometrix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
TP did you get pooled?

i'm surprised i didn't get pooled...i thought you needed 7A* and 90% in your AS subjects?
linca2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yay I got rejected too! =D
Kelly^2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Really need to do some college work.
Jardi
Report 10 years ago
Yay another rejection xD
Toiletpaper8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Isometrix)
TP did you get pooled?

i'm surprised i didn't get pooled...i thought you needed 7A* and 90% in your AS subjects?
Medics don't have automatic pooling.

To be fair, I was surprised it was straight rejection as well. I thought my interviews didn't go too badly, bar silly mistakes because I was nervous.

Oh well, the competition this year must have been intense.
anonymity007
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
TP did you get pooled?

Not for medicine. And some guy on NMM said he'd eat his hat if the set criteria he laid out were fulfilled and you didn't get pooled, I would like him to eat it now twice, once for me, then once for TP.

Why couldn't they at least pool us?!
linca2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I was quite sad about the rejection. But rather than seeing myself as being crap (WHICH I AM NOT!) XD, I'm taking it quite well. I don't find it hard to believe that there are a few hundred people who are more gifted than I am. ^__^
Toiletpaper8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by anonymity007)
this may seem desperate, and it is, is there absolutaly no way we can be placed in the pool now?
Haha...

I guess we know your "automatic pool" thing for medics doesn't exist now :p:
anonymity007
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Toiletpaper8)
Haha...

I guess we know your "automatic pool" thing for medics doesn't exist now :p:
Was it mine lol?! I thought somen guy on NMM made it? I've just emailed
my admissions tutor to investigate the disaster that is a rejection without even pooling...
SamWalters
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
TP did you get pooled?

Hmm

Well i only have 6.5 A*
and my AS UMS average is 272, which works out as 90.67%

So what im saying is that i don't really meet that requirement, or if i do, due to rounding, then its a scrape.

There must be some other criteria that matters more

MAYBE the BMAT really is the most important thing, but then i didn't get a straight offer with 26.6

Maybe we will never know :/
i'm no superman
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I realise that Cambridge must have been the top choice for a lot of you and I am so sorry to see quite a few of you with rejections. I can only hope that you all move on forward and succeed with the rest of your application. For those of you with January exams, don't let it distract you from performing to the best that you can.
Toiletpaper8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by linca2)
I was quite sad about the rejection. But rather than seeing myself as being crap (WHICH I AM NOT!) XD, I'm taking it quite well. I don't find it hard to believe that there are a few hundred people who are more gifted than I am. ^__^
Or just more lucky :p:

The Cambridge admissions system isn't infallible. I mean, most of the time, everyone who deserves a place gets in and everyone who doesn't, doesn't.

Sometimes though, they reject people who deserve a place and take people who don't.

Plus, since when were Cambridge rejects "crap"? :p: I'm sure Cambridge reject many people knowing that they would one day make great doctors, just not at Cambridge.
Toiletpaper8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SamWalters)
Hmm

Well i only have 6.5 A*

So what im saying is that i don't really meet that requirement, or if i do, due to rounding, then its a scrape.

MAYBE the BMAT really is the most important thing, but then i didn't get a straight offer with 26.6

I think we can conclude that more weight is placed on BMAT than AS UMS or GCSEs, but they do look at the whole application and then decide.
Isometrix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SamWalters)
Hmm

Well i only have 6.5 A*

i think BMAT constitutes about 75% of the offer...
Toiletpaper8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Was it mine lol?! I thought somen guy on NMM made it? I've just emailed
my admissions tutor to investigate the disaster that is a rejection without even pooling...
That guy on NMM is a muppet then :p:

I would personally wait until you see the "feedback", despite the fact that I feel it'll be pretty standard for everyone.
Toiletpaper8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
After the application cycle this year, I would have to agree.

It seems that Cambridge certainly do place a ridiculous emphasis on the BMAT, with their correlation graphs and all that... A shame really, because we're not told that this is the case pre-application (and I never knew Clare College rejected on the basis of BMAT alone, which I think highlights just how important Cambridge view it). Certainly not everyone religiously prepares for the BMAT, but if it is indeed the overriding factor in admissions, then maybe we should.
anonymity007
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I still don't understand how a friend of mind got an offer with 16.5 on the bmat...surely everyone here would have got an offer then if that were true?

Just for the record

Downing is *8&£:&:8&:&&/@/@[email protected]@[email protected]@- !!!!! (notice how I didn't **** off Cambridge, as I still respect it's prestige)
Toiletpaper8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I still don't understand how a friend of mind got an offer with 16.5 on the bmat...surely everyone here would have got an offer then if that were true?

Just for the record

Downing is *8&£:&:8&:&&/@/@[email protected]@[email protected]@- !!!!! (notice how I didn't **** off Cambridge, as I still respect it's prestige)
Maybe 16.5 = 7.5, 9, 0 :p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?