Turn on thread page Beta

Excellent, Ben! There we go, we've got our first person all booked up and ready to go, now the rest of you can join him on the train.

ReputationRep:
    But when are we playing the footy, and where? I don't be livin in Londinium, so its uber early for me.

Plus, I am still not convinced I'll leave without being stabbed.

(Original post by RobbieC)
    But when are we playing the footy, and where? I don't be livin in Londinium, so its uber early for me.

Plus, I am still not convinced I'll leave without being stabbed.
    20th December, about 1pm, somewhere in Liverpool, which izaldo and DontBuyTheSun will see to. Tbh, there's no chance of finding absolutely nowhere to play. It's worth the early start, maaan.

ReputationRep:
    We're still doing Manchester on the Sunday? Wanna know from where I'm going home.

Yeah, if you want. I'll be overnighting in Manchester of course, and getting a coach from there with those who are staying with me. Or we could go back to Liverpool and go back with the others, of course. It's not much for an overnight return between Manchester and Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    Do I want to be a lone wolf on a quick and comfy train home, or do I want to engage in drunken sing-song with TSR on a squishy and longish coach home?

Tbh, I can just book that train from Liverpool to London to get home, and go home via a slightly odd route. Makes sense?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but now I'm feeling an overwhelming sense of ambiguity.

It's actually weird 'cos I'll be back in the pool on the 20th this is the 1st meet I'm actually seriously considering. Not even sarcastically either...

(Original post by 73337)
    It's actually weird 'cos I'll be back in the pool on the 20th this is the 1st meet I'm actually seriously considering. Not even sarcastically either...
    You really should come. I wasn't joking around that time I said I'd quite like to meet you.

Juwel, let's just book these train tickets. I'm doing it now. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    From Manchester? Liverpool? What time?! OHMIGOD

(Original post by Juwel)
    From Manchester? Liverpool? What time?! OHMIGOD
    From Liverpool, as that's where the cheap fares are, and it'll allow me to travel back with everyone, which will be great.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the PM, Jangrafess. I'd very much like to come to this, if I'm still invited!, mainly to see if RobbieC & Juwel are as brilliantly ranty and knowledgable respectively in real life, but also to play football. I must say, though, I do fear for the safety of a skinny Asian kid in Liverpool tbf.

I'll give it some thought!

(Original post by Ascient)
    Thanks for the PM, Jangrafess. I'd very much like to come to this, if I'm still invited!, mainly to see if RobbieC & Juwel are as brilliantly ranty and knowledgable respectively in real life, but also to play football. I must say, though, I do fear for the safety of a skinny Asian kid in Liverpool tbf.

I'll give it some thought!
    Of course you're invited. And being Asian in Liverpool shouldn't really be a problem. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    Of course you're invited. And being Asian in Liverpool shouldn't really be a problem. :p:
    I went there for a Liverpool-Arsenal match a few years ago. I'm still scarred :p:

Nah, just kidding. It was a nice time, really, and I have relatives that live there. Somewhere near a hospital in Fazerkerley (sp?) or something like that. It'd be good to come. I'll have a look at train fares now as well. I'd want to be coming back the same day in the night. Any idea what time I'd be looking at?

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I've been ******* **** at keeping up with footy this season so far. But then not much is happening at this point so come the turn of the year I might be more engaged. Anyway, I will definitely book tickets tonight. I'm just considering my options.

-

Ascient, join the gaggle on the 9am-ish train up there, and there might be a late train back down that's cheap.

(Original post by Ascient)
    I went there for a Liverpool-Arsenal match a few years ago. I'm still scarred :p:

Nah, just kidding. It was a nice time, really, and I have relatives that live there. Somewhere near a hospital in Fazerkerley (sp?) or something like that. It'd be good to come. I'll have a look at train fares now as well. I'd want to be coming back the same day in the night. Any idea what time I'd be looking at?
    Probably some time after seven, if you want to enjoy the post match banter.

Juwel, I've booked mine. Going back on the 11.48 from Liverpool to London.

ReputationRep:
    Well that's annoying. I appear to have missed the cheapest London-Liverpool fare. The 0907 is £11 so that's OK, but it's not the same train as the rest of you are getting, is it.

It is.

ReputationRep:
    In honesty, without wishing to sound sloppy, I do admire you guys for traversing that kind of distance. It takes a great deal of organisation, and you obviously enjoy them enough.

Sports simply rules. :yep: [/tragic]

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.