Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freshlybaked)
    So I couldn't find an existing thread and thought we should have some place to discuss our applications!

Anyone else applying to St. A's? (I'm sure there are many of you)
    I've applied for Biology (Biochemistry really). Not deferred. Any biologists got an offer yet?? Any English students get a conditional offer yet??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biochem)
    I've applied for Biology (Biochemistry really).
    As am I. Awesome.

I haven't heard of any offers being given for bio applicants yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_P)
    Ahh, jobbigt hah .
    Fixade du predicted grades för dem då eller?
    Vilket program gick du? Sam-Litteratur? (om det finns)

Haha :P. I've actually managed to do that myself . It took longer for me to learn my code to the building where I lived than the UCAS number. Hmm. .
    Jag har inga 'predicted grades' på dem, fast många är väl i MVG spåret skulle jag kunna tro.
    Jag gick Sam med internationell inriktning så många saker som EU-kunskap, U-landskunskap etc. Sj då?

Haha. I definitely know that feeling. It took me longer to learn my dad's home phone number than it took for me to learn the UCAS number. Which is sort of sad, in a way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopeneverfades)
    Jag har inga 'predicted grades' på dem, fast många är väl i MVG spåret skulle jag kunna tro.
    Jag gick Sam med internationell inriktning så många saker som EU-kunskap, U-landskunskap etc. Sj då?

Haha. I definitely know that feeling. It took me longer to learn my dad's home phone number than it took for me to learn the UCAS number. Which is sort of sad, in a way.
    I seem to recall learning my UCAS number in under a day... shows you what a track addict I was *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I know what you mean. I still look at Track at least once a day even though I know that the probability of it changing before the New Year is highly improbable. But I can't help myself, unfortunately.

ReputationRep:

Oh, right, I see. I really wish you best luck with your application .
    And to your sis too, even though she's applying for same as me :eek:.

Right, that's really interesting . Developing countries are very interesting I think. I wrote about some of them in my personal statement, perhaps about the ones with most problems I guess.

I did a computer-oriented programme (IT-programmet) which was really a bore. I luckily managed to add history in my final year which was quite cool.

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I've applied to do International Relations-French. No reply as of yet... But I'm ever hopeful!

Has there been any snow up there yet?!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, right, I see. I really wish you best luck with your application .
    And to your sis too, even though she's applying for same as me :eek:.

Right, that's really interesting . Developing countries are very interesting I think. I wrote about some of them in my personal statement, perhaps about the ones with most problems I guess.

I did a computer-oriented programme (IT-programmet) which was really a bore. I luckily managed to add history in my final year which was quite cool.
    Haha. It's gonna be a real competition I think. A real match (although I have no idea about your qualifications :P) I hope you both get in

Developing countries are interesting, but well... there's so much you can say about that issue I suppose.

So you went something like... John Bauer? (that's a gymnasium over here that's solely based on IT and stuff) or just a programme at a general school? No "friskola" for you? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pleaserecycle)
    Hello, I've applied to do International Relations-French. No reply as of yet... But I'm ever hopeful!

Has there been any snow up there yet?!
    Hi and welcome! I think that some international applicants may already have an offer..not quite sure on that though...Most Home/EU applicantants will most probably have to wait until after the deadline.

And [B]hopeneverfades[B] I didn't know that in Sweden you had to choose a specific line:confused: Can't you just take what ever subjects you feel like studying?

ReputationRep:
    hopeneverfades and Mike_P: Thanks for the welcome Hehe. Also, just to add to the conversation (it really feels weird to just pop-in and add something once in a while but I am so busy with work it's almost sad Haha) that I am really nervous about this whole thing with the "prospective grades"-thing since we don't really have it in Sweden like they do in the UK. I know my sister left it blank but did you fill it in Mike_P? Also, hopefully the both of us will get in I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you as well

tiuku: To answer the question you asked my sis (hopeneverfades), in Sweden we choose sort of a profile when we enter upper secondary school. Like my sister and I, we had a profile that was International Relations (sort of) and within this profile there's a few subjects that we have to take (varies in size) and there are of course some mandatory subjects but in general it's a lot of pick-and-choose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovenone)
    hopeneverfades and Mike_P: Thanks for the welcome Hehe. Also, just to add to the conversation (it really feels weird to just pop-in and add something once in a while but I am so busy with work it's almost sad Haha) that I am really nervous about this whole thing with the "prospective grades"-thing since we don't really have it in Sweden like they do in the UK. I know my sister left it blank but did you fill it in Mike_P? Also, hopefully the both of us will get in I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you as well
    I realise that your question wasn't directed at me but I thought I'd cut in since I think that I've got a pretty reliable answer. I was worried about the same thing myself and when I went to the Visiting Day I asked about it. I was told by a professor that if my school system doesn't do the whole predicted grades thing that I should just leave it blank. He said that the admissions people have their ways of finding out how foreign qualifications compare to a-levels and such..

ReputationRep:
    They do? Cleaver people then Good to be reassured though. Thanks for letting me know.

ReputationRep:
    Haha. It's gonna be a real competition I think. A real match (although I have no idea about your qualifications :P) I hope you both get in

Developing countries are interesting, but well... there's so much you can say about that issue I suppose.

So you went something like... John Bauer? (that's a gymnasium over here that's solely based on IT and stuff) or just a programme at a general school? No "friskola" for you? :P
    Yeah, I'm sure you are right.
    My grades are not too bad I guess, but I know that there are people with much better ones than mine.

Hehe. yeah.
    English .
    Any specific books that you have enjoyed?

No, not John Bauer. Sounds familiar I guess. Where is over there?
    I went to a general school.

(Original post by lovenone)
    Oh, you are most welcome .
    I think you're fine leaving it blank.
    Otherwise, I guess you could ask the teachers in each subject. I think whichever is fine.

Thanks. Best luck to you too! .
    Perhaps we'll both get in, would be fun.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm sure you are right.
    My grades are not too bad I guess, but I know that there are people with much better ones than mine.

Hehe. yeah.
    English .
    Any specific books that you have enjoyed?

No, not John Bauer. Sounds familiar I guess. Where is over there?
    I went to a general school.
    The beautiful north my friend.

I actually called UCAS and let them answer my questions, so I'm fairly certain that my application is accurate since I was terribly slow and kept repeating everything the other person said all the time in order to make sure that I understood everything. It was sort of sad, in a way.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I know what you mean. I still look at Track at least once a day even though I know that the probability of it changing before the New Year is highly improbable. But I can't help myself, unfortunately.
    Me too. and whenever i get an email in my email accounts (set up only for ucas) i get a rush of excitment until i find out its junk .

ReputationRep:
    Junk how? I just get the occasional 'yeah we got your application' or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammerz)
    applying for philosophy - it's funny, because nearly two weeks after I sent my application off I suddenly decided to replace Edinburgh for St Andrews - not too sure if that was a bad choice though, because I think I would've been more likely to get an offer from Edinburgh. Oh well, St Andrews looks amazing still

anymore philosophy applicants???
    I'm applying for French and Spanish, but Philosophy would be my permanent elective.

St Andrews has a great reputation for philosophy, what did you make of the faculty and the course etc?

ReputationRep:
    To St Andrews normally send acknowledgments through the post? Asking this because I've received them from Dundee, Aberdeen, and Leicester. Its been a few weeks now and still haven't had anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Henry JW)
    To St Andrews normally send acknowledgments through the post? Asking this because I've received them from Dundee, Aberdeen, and Leicester. Its been a few weeks now and still haven't had anything.
    I e-mailed them to tell them about my change of address and they said they try to send most things through e-mail, my acknowledgement came via e-mail.

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Arabic & Middle East Studies, anyone else? No news yet, but then I'm not the only one! Hopefully it will come soon though.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 14, 2009
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.