No (2)
7.14%
Can't say (1)
3.57%
shoaib farooq
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Nes)
OKAY GUYS...ANY IDEA ABOUT JUST IN CASE MANUFACTURING..ITs not available in any books but its writte in wiki pedia as the manufacturing technique where the products are produced at a large scale before hand just in case there is an increase in demand..which i dont tink is necessary for tesco as it is only a groceries store, an about the non food sector, it can produce sports equiptment in large scale but really, nothin else coz allthe tohers like electrical, clothes fashion changes with time and very fast due to the "fickle" nature of the consumer, and their other sectors that includes the finance and telecomunication they dont produce at all....

and as for Di and Donny, they even produce perishable goods so they wouldnt bother this either so if we are asked.."just in case" we say that its got nuthing to do wid any of those...ryt?

andi bet we wont be asked..anyways...i would like to know about "OFF THE JOB" traininng as it has never come in any of the previous years and there fore has a chance of turning up now...also.... for Di and Donny, what kind of production do you tink they follow? batch or flow? we dont know anything aout the type of dairy product they sell, other than milk, whichi s clearly stated in the reciept section but others like calves..cumon.i hardly think they would sell calves...:P so basically i could use some help in both these cases...

alsoooooo..
also, for sampling and segmentatin its only when thy anonymously survey their suppliers and when the market research group carries out a survey to find out about the market condidition...for the first, we use questionaires and for the latter?

and they are soon opening up, or probably have opened up convenient store format for cash rich time poor customers, how can their marketing objectives be set in order to achieve this....
for products:
maintain the best of quality and people would like value for their purchases.
to make sure that a variety of groceries are kept and proper labeling is done,(nutrition facts and all)

price:
high prices, somethign like what it does for its Tesco Finest

place:
make sure theya re available and can be reached easily by the target customers for example in the urban areas where upper class target could be reached..

promotion:
maybe through news papers as this could reach a wide sector of it;s target6 market, we should discourage other methiods like tv advertisements because it states in the case that they are time poor/..

aryt..anybody else got any other point? um prett sure this is important ..
mm nes ur points are good especially for the cash rich time poor.. u have covered up all the points.. now i guess for the place we can further mention that they need to guarantee the supply of products to be able to appeal to cash rich n time poor segment n further about the convenience store format that they need to adopt....
wel regarding a move to the manufacturing sector to produce goods i dont think so we will given such a question... cause tesco has no such objective at all but rather expanding in the tertiary sector..
i guess that would turn to something new or they might even try to include such a question to cover production techniques but the probability is 0.1% lol...

regarding the Di n Donny one i guess they wont ask question regarding it in unit 2? i guess this has never happened in the past?

yep inshallah everyonez gona score good
shoaib farooq
Report 9 years ago
i think we might get a question on Profit Centres as tesco has several different store formats??

"Over the years, Tesco plc developed different store formats, namely: Express, Metro, Superstore, Extra and Homeplus,"
Sylvia404
Report 9 years ago
Does anyone think anything about contribution will come up in the Unit 3 paper tomorrow?
Z for all
Report 9 years ago
Nes ur points r really awsummm! n hlpd us alot not only nes every1 includin shaoib, aayman, hello and everybudy
i hope all of us do well in the ppr!!! inshallah...............

one thing i wud lyk to ask!

THE IMPLICATIONS OF HAVING OWN BRAND LABELS TO TESCO?
aayman_farzand
Report 9 years ago
man o man...I'm getting freaked out! Can't concentrate on revising at all. So much to do, so little time....

Everyone remember to write in context of the case. It doesn't matter how much points you write, if you don't relate it to the case then no scope of getting Level-4 marks. I've been 'analysing' the June 05 Examiner's report, and they have mentioned multiple times how they have been disappointed in the evaluation part of the question in relate to the context.

@Z: I can't think at all about that question .. NES HELP!
haider_hj
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by shoaib farooq)
firstly in balancesheet expenses are not shown at all,, n abt the new truck example u have stated above... the value(cost price) of it will be shown under the fixed assets heading n then on annual basis this value will be depreciated n thus book value will be shown in the rest of the years.." apart from this depreciation is an expense n will therefore be written in Profit n loss..

Now to distinguish between the capital and revenue expenditure.. u could mention capital expenditure provide a long term benefit to an organisation (greater than 1 year) where as the benefit derived from revenue expenditure is for a short term usually less than a year...
in addition revenue expenditures are written down in profit and loss whereas capital expenditure in balancesheet.

well n yeah how could u say selling of the land can raise its share price to 40%,,, i guess u wanted to mention market share?.. share prices are often a reflection of a performance of a firm keeping aside the market speculation.

hope this helps
rthx for cheqing it bro really appreciate it
princessme786
Report 9 years ago
Good Luck All!!
shoaib farooq
Report 9 years ago
alright i have something really really important so please ayman or nes let me know abt this before the exam..
when the question is analyze the implications... [ lets take the above question that Z for all has posted] "THE IMPLICATIONS OF HAVING OWN BRAND LABELS TO TESCO?"
do i need to write down both the benefits and drawbacks? or just drawbacks seriously i m pretty much confused on this

do reply asap
Z for all
Report 9 years ago
as far as i knw , i guess wen the question cums to ASSESS certain thing den v shud provide dem wd both benefits and drawbacks buh as far as analyzing is concernd i think one sided answer and a coclusion wud b enuff!

Not sure though, but to sun xtent....................
Gud Luck i hope nes and aymaan hlp us out???
shoaib farooq
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Z for all)
as far as i knw , i guess wen the question cums to ASSESS certain thing den v shud provide dem wd both benefits and drawbacks buh as far as analyzing is concernd i think one sided answer and a coclusion wud b enuff!

Not sure though, but to sun xtent....................
Gud Luck i hope nes and aymaan hlp us out???

hehe well i never ever bothered about analyze n assess all i do is write down both the sides of an aspect dats it----now nes n ayman we really need ur help lol haha this is so funny we r asking this on the last day
shoaib farooq
Report 9 years ago
does anyone think we might get a question on the importance of the difference between the Cash and Profit for a firm like Di and Donny..

i aint able to answer this properly n if we get what marks would it have what do u guys think?
aayman_farzand
Report 9 years ago
Yes you have to write both benefits and drawbacks, or else it won't exactly be an analysis. If you are confused at the time of exam, just look at the marks, if its 6-8 then do this, 12- this + conclusion, 4 - definition of keyterms, examples from the context.

Sometimes 8 marks questions require a conclusion as well, and those (conclusions) are usually on a specific topic such as '...is profitable..'. It'll be obvious when you do the questions.
munir
Report 9 years ago
for analysing questions .. its more a 1 sided argument buh u can write both advantages and disadvantages if u want..
Nes
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
aryt..implications will basically be usefulnes... as for that answer here it is..

own brand is the term given to the products that are being sold under the retailers brand rather than that of the suppliers.

tesco plc has been operating for a long time, wihtin which it has also attained the position as the market leader and therefore, it is more than likely that tesco already has a strong brand label of it's own.

when tesco supplies products produced by other firms under their own brand labels, to some extant they are taking control over that product by taking the entire responsibility by marketing the product and therefore will have to make sure that threre are no bad publicity created of the product. this will be quite expensive as they will have to bear all the expenses.

tesco has a very strong brand name of its own and therefore it is likely to increase the sales of the products as customers wil be more readily convinced to buy their productts rather than that of an unknown supplier however, they will also have to make sure that the products produced by the suppliers are of good quality as any flaws found in the quality of those products will be pointed out as tesco's failure and therefore effect their brand name.

another point that could be mentioned is that this willl aslo increase tesco's product base which is what it is trying to do in order to grow..

basically i ges this answer wil lnot be of more that eight marks...

i
Nes
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
this could be asked in a reversed way, they could ask us the usefulnes of using tesco as a retailer to the suppliers.

tesco has strong brand name so they will be able to sell more.

however tesco is a large scale ooperator and thererfore has the bargain power and so, they may have to provide products at cheap prices which will become difficult to manage as tesco will probably also want to get good quality products.

nevertheless tesco's large scale size will aslo ensure that a large volume of their products are sold.

but their brand will not be exposed and therefore leave them at a disadvantage of not being able to attract other investors.

their profits and lossess will solely be dependednt on that of tescoz, so any bad publicity of tesco will cause a poor sales for them.

they will not have to bear marketing cost for promotin their product,, tesco will be doing that and therefore expenses will be incurred by them..

while concluding we can say that tesco seems to be operating well and therefore their products are probably at safehands.
Nes
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
these are the basic ponts and needs to be developed..coudnt write in proper answer structure cuz hav SO MUCH TO DOOOOOO!!!!!! wid unit 3 especially! um DROWNING lol...

@ayman, u help me u genious brain boX!
Z for all
Report 9 years ago
hey guys .... we have to explain all the common terms when answering the level one .....
e.g. if the question is .....''in 2007 the overall UK econmy had slowed and interest rates had had a negative effect on consumer spending, Access the main macro economics factors that affect the demand for Tesco plc products''

i will have to explain all these terms underlined or important ones or something.. and then move on to level 2 right .......?
Nes
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Nes ur points r really awsummm! n hlpd us alot not only nes every1 includin shaoib, aayman, hello and everybudy
i hope all of us do well in the ppr!!! inshallah...............

one thing i wud lyk to ask!

THE IMPLICATIONS OF HAVING OWN BRAND LABELS TO TESCO?

its dun z :p: and u are ryt u all help out a lot..any mark i get will be all because of this room trust me!
Ariful
Report 9 years ago
omg so many posts.... ....... newayz...tomorrow is our exam....so therefore best of luck to u ppL!!!!!
um confused....so plz pray for me nd all the bangalees abt to give Business Studiez
aayman_farzand
Report 9 years ago
hey guys .... we have to explain all the common terms when answering the level one .....
e.g. if the question is .....''in 2007 the overall UK econmy had slowed and interest rates had had a negative effect on consumer spending, Access the main macro economics factors that affect the demand for Tesco plc products''

i will have to explain all these terms underlined or important ones or something.. and then move on to level 2 right .......?
You don't need to define consumer spending or demand, they are pretty simple terms for this question, you will need to define macro economic factors. Its for this question, if there's another basically focusing on demand, then you need to define that.

Bottomline, define the key terms of the question only, doing them all will be a waste of time and will not get you any marks. Btw, I think that question is unit 1's :P

I'm going back to revise now, haven't touched marketing and unit 3 yet. will be back after 2 hours.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18

Do you like exams?