Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Final Fantasy Society II watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bean87)
    how about a 'he who completed FF7 first is king' sorta thing...

i finished it when i was 12 so 1999...
    I finished FF8 in 1999, do I win?

I remember because it was new years eve. The game had only been out for a little bit, but I played it solidly and completed it before partying in the year 2000 :woo:

/sadsadchildhood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    I finished FF8 in 1999, do I win? I remember because it was new years eve. The game had only been out for a little bit, but I played it solidly and completed it before partying in the year 2000 /sadsadchildhood
    You went out partying on NYE 1999 and you were 8 years old (from your profile)?!

...Anyway I completed FFVII in 1999. I remember this because there was a solar eclipse in August 1999, and I remember playing FFVII whilst it was happening. :ninja: Whilst peeking out of the window to have a glimpse as well...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    You went out partying on NYE 1999 and you were 9 years old (from your profile)?!

...Anyway I completed FFVII in 1999. I remember this because there was a solar eclipse in August 1999, and I remember playing FFVII whilst it was happening. :ninja: Whilst peeking out of the window to have a glimpse as well...
    Fix'd :awesome:

And it was just a family thing. It meant party rings, cloudy lemonade and fireworks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloodstreaks)
    As long as you have played the best from the series, its all cool. :p:
    Out the main FF series (in other words not including crystal chronicles and Tactics) I have played every FF game other than 5, 6 and 11 :grin:

ReputationRep:
    I've played and completed all of the main series except XI (can you even complete an MMORPG?). Not a big fan of the CC series, I've played Ring of Fates on the DS and I didn't like it much. Tactics is awesome though, and TA and TA2 are also quite good.

ReputationRep:
    how about a 'he who completed FF7 first is king' sorta thing...

i finished it when i was 12 so 1999...
    :no: That's a silly idea. Too many discrepancies in what you mean by "finished".

We're all FF kings :teeth:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JWH)
    Out the main FF series (in other words not including crystal chronicles and Tactics) I have played every FF game other than 5, 6 and 11 :grin:

I'm playing 6 at the moment - recommend it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demon_AS)
    :no: That's a silly idea. Too many discrepancies in what you mean by "finished".

We're all FF kings :teeth:.
    alrite then... i r winner. so far...

ReputationRep:
    alrite then... i r winner. so far...
    :confused: You're a winner of what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    Fix'd :awesome:
    It's been a long day... :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    I'm playing 6 at the moment - recommend it
    The only reason I haven't played it is because none of my friends had a copy I could borrow. I think 5 is being re made like 3 and 4 so I will weight for that. I might play 6 or wait and see if they going to re make that as well.

Well one that was rather strange with me the FF game I have played the most seems to be FF12. I have over 200 hours of game play on 1 save file :lolwut: let alone my other save file. The only other game I think I have played over 200 hours of is Dragon Quest 8 but that's over 3 save files.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JWH)
    The only reason I haven't played it is because none of my friends had a copy I could borrow. I think 5 is being re made like 3 and 4 so I will weight for that. I might play 6 or wait and see if they going to re make that as well.

Well one that was rather strange with me the FF game I have played the most seems to be FF12. I have over 200 hours of game play on 1 save file :lolwut: let alone my other save file. The only other game I think I have played over 200 hours of is Dragon Quest 8 but that's over 3 save files.

Blimey.

I racked up a lot of hours on ffviii getting everyone their final weapons/lvl100/lots of items etc, but it probably wasnt 200 hours

FF7, on the other hand, I've probably spent a lot longer on, over more than one save, of course.

FF6 was already redone on the GBA/in an anthology release, so I dunno if they'd remake it again

ReputationRep:
    Is it strange that I was able to beat ff7 in less than 30 hours? :lolwut:
    For some reason I remember it being much longer.

ReputationRep:
    Blimey.

I racked up a lot of hours on ffviii getting everyone their final weapons/lvl100/lots of items etc, but it probably wasnt 200 hours

FF7, on the other hand, I've probably spent a lot longer on, over more than one save, of course.

FF6 was already redone on the GBA/in an anthology release, so I dunno if they'd remake it again
    I think that time was something to do with the gambit system, I would go and have my food and thanks to the set up of my gambits my characters would just go and kill everything without me having to do anything. Hehe I once fell asleep while fighting a boss (can't remember which one) but when I woke up I had one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JWH)
    I think that time was something to do with the gambit system, I would go and have my food and thanks to the set up of my gambits my characters would just go and kill everything without me having to do anything. Hehe I once fell asleep while fighting a boss (can't remember which one) but when I woke up I had one.

Haha, nice.
    I have FFXII, but I couldnt really get into it, so havent really played it much :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stef90)
    Is it strange that I was able to beat ff7 in less than 30 hours? :lolwut:
    For some reason I remember it being much longer.
    I don't think I've ever completed it in under 90 :rofl: Though I did have a slight tendency to fall asleep while the game was still running :o: And I have a slight addiction to chocobo racing and the motorcycle chase minigame at the Gold Saucer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    I don't think I've ever completed it in under 90 :rofl: Though I did have a slight tendency to fall asleep while the game was still running :o: And I have a slight addiction to chocobo racing and the motorcycle chase minigame at the Gold Saucer
    :ditto:

I just enjoy training so much. :love:

ReputationRep:
    I'm playing FF7 again and this time I'm going to do something I've never done before, get all of Aeris' limit breaks. Anyone got any tips on getting limit breaks quickly? If I remember correctly you get the next limit level by that character finishing off enemies, and the next limit in that level by using the limit break. Is that right or is it the other way round?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    I'm playing FF7 again and this time I'm going to do something I've never done before, get all of Aeris' limit breaks. Anyone got any tips on getting limit breaks quickly? If I remember correctly you get the next limit level by that character finishing off enemies, and the next limit in that level by using the limit break. Is that right or is it the other way round?
    That's right, yep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    That's right, yep
    Are there any tricks to getting them quickly? Like certain enemies that are good for doing it?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 18, 2015
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.