Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnniG)
    I got 90/90 no idea how that happened.... But I'm happy
    So you should know that I secretly hate you, entirely out of jealousy of course :P can I have your academics/offers/life? Please? Lol :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ziffachan)
    I got full marks LMAO WHAT
    I have this theory that they have got the grade boundaries the wrong way up coz no way can I have full marks haha.. my reaction was like yours! But well done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    So you should know that I secretly hate you, entirely out of jealousy of course :P can I have your academics/offers/life? Please? Lol :P
    I would happily give this away I don't deserve it! One day my luck will run out...
    But you got full marks so why?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnniG)
    I would happily give this away I don't deserve it! One day my luck will run out...
    But you got full marks so why?!?!
    Lol chemistryyy and generally other things. I have wanl GCSEs for example so could not apply to Oxford. They did not care that I literally sat some of them with an IV in my arm. You have offers and I don't, so you > me. Lolol.

I'm not entirely serious btw. I'm v happy with my results I worked really hard. I think I've prob been scaled up too tho, can think of some questions I didn't get right. I'd given up on getting an A* but might try and push for that now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CertifiedAngel)
    omg i got the exact same mark.
    And my retake was terrible! wtf i thought i aced that paper meh
    I know i had the same feeling, i mean i had flooded answers of almost every topic around here but ...... now i dont know of whether to ask for a remark or what ....

ReputationRep:
    I got an......A :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buyingtheticket)
    They probs dropped the boundaries for raw marks but its always 72/90 for an A. So we probs needed less than 48/60 to get 72/90 if that makes any sense...
    Ah, yes that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up :p:

ReputationRep:
    i knew from the minute i got out of the hall that i'v done badly but what the.... a D thats just UN BELIEVABLE.... any one got good advice ???

ReputationRep:
    I got 59/90 C.

I thought I did much better than this.

Remark time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uer23)
    How the hell do some of you manage to get full marks ?

I got an E. Just feel really low atm.
    I got a D , really thought id at least get a B crammed so hard for like a week for tht exam -.-. Damn you OCR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chuck111)
    I got a D , really thought id at least get a B crammed so hard for like a week for tht exam -.-. Damn you OCR
    Maybe that's the problem..try starting revision a bit earlier. You'll feel so much more prepared and it's less of a worry coming to results day!

ReputationRep:
    i was suprissed with 83 /90 thought i did really bad.
    whats the rules to getting the A * ? anyone know if that includes course work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MG.GULED)
    i was suprissed with 83 /90 thought i did really bad.
    whats the rules to getting the A * ? anyone know if that includes course work
    It does include coursework. To get an A* you need:
    - 480 UMS overall
    - 270 UMS in your A2 units (ie. F214, F215, F216)

Hope this helps, and well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnniG)
    It does include coursework. To get an A* you need:
    - 480 UMS overall
    - 270 UMS in your A2 units (ie. F214, F215, F216)

Hope this helps, and well done!
    Do you need 90% UMS in F216?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyxlalala)
    Maybe that's the problem..try starting revision a bit earlier. You'll feel so much more prepared and it's less of a worry coming to results day!
    yer for the first time ever ive started revising the topics weve already covered in class so i have time to do some past papers, I think skipping them was detrimental to my grade -.-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buyingtheticket)
    Do you need 90% UMS in F216?
    No. You just need 270 UMS from your A2 units and an overall A in your AS. So that means you can do extremely well on the written exams (F214, F215) clearing the 90% UMS mark, then you can afford to drop a few UMS marks in the Practicals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uer23)
    No. You just need 270 UMS from your A2 units and an overall A in your AS. So that means you can do extremely well on the written exams (F214, F215) clearing the 90% UMS mark, then you can afford to drop a few UMS marks in the Practicals.
    Oh right, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uer23)
    You don't even need an A at AS actually, just an A in the A level - you could get an A* with 210 UMS at AS which is 70% so only just a B...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnniG)
    You don't even need an A at AS actually, just an A in the A level - you could get an A* with 210 UMS at AS which is 70% so only just a B...
    Really ? Didn't know that. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    i got 63/90 (B)
    I Thought i did better...ahh well i only care about maths and physics

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 7, 2016

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.