Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billieerin23)
    Hello, what subject and which college? Also :-) it's nice to meet you
    Computer Science, Keble.
    Nice to meet you too, yourself?

(Original post by LtCommanderData)
    Yes, I remember you from our Imperial applicants' chat thread days! How's it going? Also, do you not drink, hence quoting us three, or are you just feeling particularly friendly?

(P.S. Militant atheism ftw indeed, but I believe billieerin23 is a christian, so let's be explicit about something I'm sure we'd all agree is true and say that while it's nice to interact with people of similar (lack of) religion, it's also nice to interact with those of faith )
    I do drink, although am not particularly bothered either way. Like that guy before me, I am more of a "pint down the pub with friends" than "go to a hot, sweaty room and get wasted" person. So, just a particularly friendly mood

Well, my whole family is Catholic, so I have the whole live-and-let-live thing pretty sorted out.

If I remember correctly you are doing Maths and CS at one of the famous colleges? Not Brasenose, but similar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fallen)
    Computer Science, Keble.
    Nice to meet you too, yourself?

I do drink, although am not particularly bothered either way. Like that guy before me, I am more of a "pint down the pub with friends" than "go to a hot, sweaty room and get wasted" person. So, just a particularly friendly mood

Well, my whole family is Catholic, so I have the whole live-and-let-live thing pretty sorted out.

If I remember correctly you are doing Maths and CS at one of the famous colleges? Not Brasenose, but similar?
    History at St Hugh's
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    How about TV/books?
    I read a lot! But don't watch much TV. For both, though, my taste can pretty much be summed up as "science fiction" (as you may expect!)

I am one of the incoming new eX-men! [I'm hoping my new way of saying I'm going to Exeter college catches on...]

(That's as in X-men, rather than former men!)

ReputationRep:
    I read a lot! But don't watch much TV. For both, though, my taste can pretty much be summed up as "science fiction" (as you may expect!)

I am one of the incoming new eX-men! [I'm hoping my new way of saying I'm going to Exeter college catches on...]

This line sounds like something from the Big Bang Theory/other slightly nerdy show/movie with fast-paced, snappy dialogue containing many pop culture references probably starring Michael Cera or Jesse Eisenberg.

I liked it a lot XD

ReputationRep:

I'm a big fan of Buffy and some X-Men stuff I also love True Blood but don't know if that's really sci-fi . . . You?

ReputationRep:
    Yep I'm Christian well done for remembering/stalking me :P and I agree it's nice to talk about things that don't get people riled up like religion . . . How about TV/books?
    An uncultured swine such as myself does very little of either.
    I suppose the only books I read are technical manuals or textbooks, with the occasional, factual WW2 (a period I am interested in) book thrown in. Exciting...

TV is the complete opposite. I generally watch amusing rubbish such as Peep Show, That Mitchell And Webb Look (I like David Mitchell and Robert Webb a little bit ), The Inbetweeners, etc.
    Oh and documentaries like "How's it made" and "How do they do it".

Sorry, very boring!

ReputationRep:
    An uncultured swine such as myself does very little of either.
    I suppose the only books I read are technical manuals or textbooks, with the occasional, factual WW2 (a period I am interested in) book thrown in. Exciting...

TV is the complete opposite. I generally watch amusing rubbish such as Peep Show, That Mitchell And Webb Look (I like David Mitchell and Robert Webb a little bit ), The Inbetweeners, etc.
    Oh and documentaries like "How's it made" and "How do they do it".

Sorry, very boring!
    Well I thought the Inbetweeners Movie was brilliant! Haven't laughed that much in a long time I went on Results Day so finally felt ready to let off some steam and relax knowing I'd made the grades.

ReputationRep:

That makes me a Ke-man!

Oh... it doesn't work.
    :cry:

ReputationRep:
    That makes me a Ke-man!

Oh... it doesn't work.
    As a Hughsie then I guess I'm a Hu-man . . .

ReputationRep:
    Well I thought the Inbetweeners Movie was brilliant! Haven't laughed that much in a long time I went on Results Day so finally felt ready to let off some steam and relax knowing I'd made the grades.
    Ah I haven't seen it yet!
    I was away when it was released (and on results day), and it slipped my mind!

Arrangements must be made!

ReputationRep:
    Ah I haven't seen it yet!
    I was away when it was released (and on results day), and it slipped my mind!

Arrangements must be made!
    They must it was really funny! The dancing in particular was the best I've seen in a while (note: by best I mean funniest, if any boyfriend of mine tried to dance like that they'd be in dancing lessons pronto, not that I'm any good at dancing . . . oh dear see what I mean about babbling?)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by The Anti-Hero)
    This line sounds like something from the Big Bang Theory/other slightly nerdy show/movie with fast-paced, snappy dialogue containing many pop culture references probably starring Michael Cera or Jesse Eisenberg.

I liked it a lot XD
    Haha, maybe watching BBT obsessively is affecting my brain in ways I hadn't expected!

I'm a big fan of Buffy and some X-Men stuff I also love True Blood but don't know if that's really sci-fi . . . You?
    I like Star Trek (all of them, but in order of preference: TNG, TOS, Voyager, Enterprise, DS9) and Battlestar Galactica, and things like that. I also like sit-coms like Big Bang Theory (as mentioned above), and most other sit coms, really. I'm a sucker for escapism!

In terms of films, I like sci fi films such as the Star Trek films (TOS films > TNG films, just about, in a reverse of my series preferences), Blade Runner (who doesn't like Blade Runner!?), and pretty much every superhero film (I watch a lot of superhero films, and have very low standards for them! I even enjoyed Daredevil! :eek:). I also like romantic comedies!

As a Hughsie then I guess I'm a Hu-man . . .
    WIN!

That makes me a Ke-man!

Oh... it doesn't work.
    http://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keman

EDIT: I think I use a lot of exclamation marks as a direct result of reading too much Dinosaur Comics

ReputationRep:
    Haha, maybe watching BBT obsessively is affecting my brain in ways I hadn't expected!

I like Star Trek (all of them, but in order of preference: TNG, TOS, Voyager, Enterprise, DS9) and Battlestar Galactica, and things like that. I also like sit-coms like Big Bang Theory (as mentioned above), and most other sit coms, really. I'm a sucker for escapism!

In terms of films, I like sci fi films such as the Star Trek films (TOS films > TNG films, just about, in a reverse of my series preferences), Blade Runner (who doesn't like Blade Runner!?), and pretty much every superhero film (I watch a lot of superhero films, and have very low standards for them! I even enjoyed Daredevil! :eek:). I also like romantic comedies!

WIN!

http://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keman
    The Big Bang Theory is hilarious and don't worry I loved Daredevil too (but Elektra was a bit of a disappointment) but rom coms are more my thing :-) and thank you!

ReputationRep:
    They must it was really funny! The dancing in particular was the best I've seen in a while (note: by best I mean funniest, if any boyfriend of mine tried to dance like that they'd be in dancing lessons pronto, not that I'm any good at dancing . . . oh dear see what I mean about babbling?)
    You weren't babbling, don't worry about it.

I am still not sure if being the Turkish word for a Violin 'works'...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You weren't babbling, don't worry about it.

I am still not sure if being the Turkish word for a Violin 'works'...
    Don't worry, we can't all be...

SUPERHEROES!

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, we can't all be...

SUPERHEROES!

Ok that's pretty cool . . . *tries to make something equally cool for St Hugh's and fails* no wonder they call us the Hufflepuff House (incidentally I'm also in Hufflepuff on Pottermore should I be offended? At least I'm not evil . . .)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Comet Andromeda)
    I feel so unprepared it is unbelievable! Did you get a reading list, I did but I haven't even got half way through it...
    I am looking forward it though!
    Well now this has made me panic! I got no reading list. Where did you get yours from?!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, to barge in, but Hello! I am a future fresher as well.

P.s. Militant Atheism ftw.
    Helllooooo!

ReputationRep:
    And atheism and... (from what I saw in the results thread) biscuits!

See, we're a ready made social group! And we don't need alcohol to ease the social awkwardness... we have the internet!
    +1 rep.

Who needs booze when you have biscuits and nerdyness? FTW.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fang_RedDragon)
    Helllooooo!
    Hey

So which college and subject, if you don't mind me asking?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.