Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What happened to easy run in guys? :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Wolves are up against Arsenal next. Get the four goals ready.

ReputationRep:
    We'll rape Wolves - that's the way Arsenal works.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, probably. Easy run-in.

ReputationRep:
    Right, now I'll give my opinion now that people have stopped egging each other on. ****ing ridiculous this page.

Tbh, our keeper was not good enough. You don't be a PL keeper by conceding four goals. Two were penalties, but goalkeepers should be able to save any and all penalties. That's their job. Neither of them were challenging.

Fabregas didn't lead at all and I wonder what he brings to the team any more. If he had some better character and leadership, maybe Diaby would not have been sent off for such petulance. Even Arshavin moved better than Cesc today. Abysmal.

The defence was capable but came unstuck. They do not realise that they cannot challenge in the box because it will lead to penalties. Just let the keeper handle the easy stuff, Defending 101. And sometimes they can be rough, just asking for it honestly.

Van Persie was invisible, hardly making a contribution.

Ultimately, the blame has to go to Wenger. And Newcastle for trying so hard and obviously guilt tripping the referee by going 4-0 down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel.)
    Yeah, probably. Easy run-in.
    :ahee: those teams should just let arsenal score they don't stand a chance against the mighty arsenal :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahmadjan3)
    :ahee: those teams should just let arsenal score they don't stand a chance against the mighty arsenal :ahee:
    Yeah, let Arsenal score. It obviously worked today to help get Newcastle a point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaW)
    You lost to Wolves.

Wolves.
    Didn't realise you were an Arsenal fan, Jess.

At least this makes any possible future gifts a bit easier, eh?

ReputationRep:
    last summer I said Fabregas should leave, as his heart just wouldn't be in it.

I'm fairly confident that those comments are justified now. He doesn't really give a toss.

ReputationRep:
    I love the fact that another England call-up for Wilshere is no longer constituted as a 'surprise' by the BBC.

Jack the LAD.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, we should have easily won today, but the fact of the matter is, we're closer to United now than we were before, so heads up. The title is coming to the Emirates.

ReputationRep:
    Would any of you mind if Arsenal began running down the clock from 70 mins onwards by playing keep-ball? I personally want to see this every game, since we're one of the teams that is quality at ball retention, I find it disgraceful how we didn't have much of the ball in the second half even with 10 men. We should just retain it for long periods of the game without even intending to score, that would tire the hell out of the opposition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panthalic)
    In the context of a title challenge, 17 from 36 isn't shocking? Comparatively we have 25 points on the road, and frankly, 17 points flatters some of your performances this season. I'd say we've dropped less than 19 points this year through crumbling, yet ours is the bigger problem?

I don't see how relevant this is, you aren't the reigning champions and you don't have the difference maker you you'd to have when you last won it. Your problem is the lack of real quality you used to have, apart from Nani and flashes from Rooney and Berbatov, who is there to really be scared of? You can't claim you are the default winners when a) you aren't champions and b) you've lost the spark that made you champions. I'm not even remotely writing United off, but there's hardly the gulf some people seem to think there is.

Surely a contradiction? Are we serious contenders or not? If we are not, then who else do you think are the serious contenders that are stopping you thinking the title is sewn up? If we are, then why do insist on repeatedly saying we aren't?
    People can say how it flatters some of our performances but we've also showed fighting qualities, coming from 2-0 down at Blackpool and Aston Villa, coming from behind times at Bolton, scoring late winners, etc. We'd need more defeats in there for it to be shocking, imo. You have been crumbling at home as well. For all our below-par form, we've hardly been crumbling at home. And if you're going to depend on your away or home form, you'd want to depend on your home form. My point is, Arsenal have a bigger problem because you've shown this crumbling habit for years. Years.

No, but many of this team did win the league three times in a row, narrowly missing out last season. Every top team will have about 3 players you're scored of. We have Berbatov, Nani, Rooney. You have Nasri, Fabregas and RVP. Chelsea have Drogba, Drogba and Anelka/Malouda. We are the highest scoring team in the league. At the same time, we also have a great defence (best defence last year, despite not winning the league) so I guess our defence is also scary, and that is what has always been a foundation of our league wins, rather than attacking players. You don't need a 'spark' to be champions. The last season we won it, we won it with a clean sheet record and with a load of 1-0 wins. People seem to think that you have to be spectacular to win the league, that is not always the case. Win enough games, get enough points, flattery doesn't matter.

Poor wording on my part. You are title contenders but I can't take you seriously. Sort of the team that is there to take advantage of screwing up, but they have a tendancy to screw up themselves. The reason I doubt you is mainly your mental toughness but there are other reasons, such as injuries, your defence, etc. What makes me think the title is not all sewn up? Well, it's still mathematically possible. I don't think you'll do it for the reasons I've stated but the fact it is still possible is enough to make me think the title is not all sewn up.

ReputationRep:
    We are so bad with Squillaci. Djourou's injury was the biggest reason we fell apart. Diaby was stupid but he's been subjected to 2 horrible challenges over the last few seasons and again the incompetent referees don't do anything. The referee was a disgrace as usual, until they are held accountable for continuous awful decisions nothing will change. We just need to get over this quickly although I don't think the matches against Barca will help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    We've chucked away leads away from home all too often this season. Our away form this season hasn't been good enough. Today wasn't a massive shock. There was a risk we'd be complacent today, especially after Arsenal's monumental crumble, and we paid for it today.

We should win the league and IMO, we will win the league. Arsenal are not good enough to win the league, certainly not with a defence like this. Too much liability there.
    Wenger needs to sort this team out seriously. We have dropped so many points needlessly from winning positions, 2 goal leads and now 4( Twice against Tottenham, Aston villa, Wigan and Newcastle as far as i can remember) , luckily today we were saved by Utd. You're an Utd fan and you should know that you're next 4 games are City at home, Wigan away, Chelsea away and Liverpool away. Come back and gloat or whatever after those matches because the season ain't over yet mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ar5enal Fan)
    We are so bad with Squillaci. Djourou's injury was the biggest reason we fell apart. Diaby was stupid but he's been subjected to 2 horrible challenges over the last few seasons and again the incompetent referees don't do anything. The referee was a disgrace as usual, until they are held accountable for continuous awful decisions nothing will change. We just need to get over this quickly although I don't think the matches against Barca will help!
    Someone needed to just say, "F*ck this, where bigger than this, we have a F*cking 4 goal lead, who the F*ck are you to think differently with you're lazy attacks backed by desperate fans". This is the biggest reason as to why we lost, no one actually took charge, the players just stood back and tried to "soak up the attack", which we all know is the worst thing to do playing away in the premier league.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ar5enal Fan)
    I don't think the matches against Barca will help!
    But don't try to hide the fact that you'll looking forward to it optimistically :drool: Imagine the shock that will ensue when we knock them out.

ReputationRep:
    Our defence needs to be sorted out, we have no problem scoring 4 within 30 minutes, but we also would gladly concede the same amount in the same amount of time.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal 2-3 Spurs.
    Wigan 3-2 Arsenal.
    Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal

Common link? Phil ****ing Dowd.

ReputationRep:
    wont crit the ref, dont were getting a reputation about bawwing bout refs. Diaby is a joke, whoever ever said he was good enough needs acid thrown on them. Squillaci too.

On a positive note, both GD and points difference between us and United has decreased. woo.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.