Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fission_Mailed)
    There is one bus an hour (well, two technically, but they come within 5 minutes of each other and go to basically the same place) where I live. Fortunately I can drive.
    here there is no bus and I can't drive.

OH YEAH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidewalkwhenshewalks)
    here there is no bus and I can't drive.

OH YEAH
    Ok, I'll conceed the point before this turns into the 4 Yorkshiremen. Your village is crappier than mine. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I'll conceed the point before this turns into the 4 Yorkshiremen. Your village is crappier than mine. :awesome:
    haha I.... win...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidewalkwhenshewalks)
    haha I.... win...?
    I don't think either of us win for being online at 2:34.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think either of us win for being online at 2:34.
    I'm in the 4am bed, sleep by 5, get up at 1pm, revise 2 till 11, stay up until 4 revision thing that I always seem to end up doing. That said, today I visited the Hellfire caves where benjamin franklin tried to reconcile the US and UK, and also prostitutes dressed as nuns and wrote poems about ****ing the vicar etc.
    then i had a picnic overlooking the m40 on a shear hill. good day.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to have to wake up to write more about about NAADP and FK506BP12.6. Why sleep?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    :eek: That's really near me! Didn't really consider this to be a "studenty" area but I guess it's still reasonably affordable without being as grotty as e.g. Bermondsey.
    I live right by Surrey water, which is really nice. Yeah it's not really a studenty area at all - bit of a well kept secret by a few KCL students to be honest. I only know a couple of other people who live around there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billet-doux)
    Thanks. I've never really looked around there so I'll start searching! Is it safe? (well as safe as it can get I suppose!) The thing is I'm looking to buy a place rather than rent cuz of my parents etc so I'll be stuck with it for a good few years! The places I've seen in Bermondsey so far have both been new developments and the area seems ok I guess but perhaps it's hard to tell really.
    Yeah would say it is - much safer than Bermondsey I'd say! Would definitely recommend having a look around, you'll get a feel for the area quickly. No idea about costs to buy however, as it's more houses than flats too.

ReputationRep:
    Why can't I remember anything I learnt last term?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Why can't I remember anything I learnt last term?
    because you've been attacked by the silence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lantana)
    because you've been attacked by the silence
    It's too quiet here.

:tumble:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i'm no superman)
    It's too quiet here.

:tumble:
    Everybody sane is either asleep or revising
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    Everybody sane is either asleep or revising
    You mean "Everybody sane is either asleep or doing something fun"

ReputationRep:

this gave me a chuckle
    • PS Helper

(Original post by Mushi_master)
    Yeah would say it is - much safer than Bermondsey I'd say! Would definitely recommend having a look around, you'll get a feel for the area quickly. No idea about costs to buy however, as it's more houses than flats too.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    just wondering how thoroughly are you expected to know the OHCM by finals? is it just the chapter/page headings? the basics, or completely including the minutiae at the bottom from front to back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buzzcat)
    just wondering how thoroughly are you expected to know the OHCM by finals? is it just the chapter/page headings? the basics, or completely including the minutiae at the bottom from front to back.
    Personally I'd say pretty thoroughly, but it's easier than it sounds by the time you get to finals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gozatron)
    Thanks for the replies fellas. Lastly then, Laptop or desktop? I'd prefer a desktop but would you ever see the need to bring a laptop to a lecture or something?
    I bring my rig to uni (GOGO STUDENT LOAN GPU UPGRADE WEEEEEEEE) and also take my netbook. I take my netbook out with me in the day. It's helpful to have everything from uni in one place and despite us seeming to have about a million computers I can never find one free in exam time. I swear some students only use the computers and don't go to lectures/union/anything.

I'm now using my netbook at home too since I couldn't bring my rig home for Easter *sniff* although I did treck it back in the car for Christmas as I didn't have any exams. I've used my netbook in a lecture once or twice; once, I remember was to look at cars in a metabolism lecture and the other couple of times to play CSS using the wifi in there.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heading to NAMS hockey in Liverpool this weekend?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex D)
    Anyone heading to NAMS hockey in Liverpool this weekend?
    A lot of people in my year are, I'm not one of them :p:

I was just talking about psoriatic arthritis with my mum, only to realise that I haven't written about it in my notes anywhere I don't understand why I haven't - or how whoever's PBL topic it was missed it :confused:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.