Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    Official costume alert

Spoiler:
    Show

I, quite frankly, love it.
    I like it, but I think it's lacking... something. A focal point, an interesting detail, a decorative vegetable... something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feefifofum)
    I like it, but I think it's lacking... something. A focal point, an interesting detail, a decorative vegetable... something.
    It's a mash of Pertwee and Hartnell, and I think it demonstrates he's going to play the character pretty straight, which I am so down with after Matt Smith. A change in direction = ideal.

The red lining is sweet.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Agreed. It's just a bit bland. Kinda like a beef stew or something, nice but nothing special.

ReputationRep:
    It is only the first image after all.

They might unveil his signature costume item in the episode itself. They wouldn't want to spoil the surprise now, would they?
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    I think it's a little bland, but I think I could end up warming to it quite quickly. I hated Matt Smith's costume when I first saw it, then I fell in love with it when I saw it in his first episode proper. Things can often end up looking quite different on screen than they do in photo shoots and the like. Only time will tell.

ReputationRep:
    That coat is totally going to behave like a CAPE

ReputationRep:
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    That coat is totally going to behave like a CAPE
    I hope 12 inverts the coat in some episodes so we get a groovy coat.

ReputationRep:
    Not happy with the costume!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The more I see the costume the more I warm to it. The writers are clearly going in a direction where the Doctor has more gravitas and I think Capaldi's outfit is stylish and classy. Not sure about the Docs at all but I'll wait to see him in action before I make a proper judgement.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Possible episode spoiler
    8.10 'The Ghosts of Pompeii'

The Doctor and Clara travel to Pompeii to try and solve the mystery of his latest incarnation. The episode sees the return of the Pyrovile and fan favourite who appears in a cameo.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/other_...ihpKKeOyGjW.99

DOCTOR AND DONNA WERE THERE. JACK ALSO MENTIONS BEING IN POMPEII AHHHHHHHH

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    .12 'Master and Commander (rumoured)'

The return of the Master and consequently the Time lords. Its believed the Master is now the president and will be played by esteemed british actor Charles Dance.
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/other_...Urw0fLiPRVL.99

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    I'm not a betting man, but I would bet a few grand on those rumours being complete bull****. I mean, they even look like complete bull****, time was that the rumour mill would put some effort in.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Jarred)
    I'm not a betting man, but I would bet a few grand on those rumours being complete bull****. I mean, they even look like complete bull****, time was that the rumour mill would put some effort in.
    Potentially, but wrt mine Moffat has said before that Capaldi's previous appearance in pompeii will be explained...

ReputationRep:
    It's a mash of Pertwee and Hartnell, and I think it demonstrates he's going to play the character pretty straight, which I am so down with after Matt Smith. A change in direction = ideal.

The red lining is sweet.
    Agreed!

Now they're starting the second cycle, it makes sense to pay homage to the earlier doctors. Pretty much all the new era Doctor Who seems to be based on Tom Baker onwards, it's good to see a homage to the first three doctors.

I kinda hope they use the second cycle as an excuse to introduce something completely new, but fans seem to love bashing Moffat so maybe that'd be a step too far.

ReputationRep:
    I love the outfit, and I do think it looks very Pertwee, but it does also remind me of Dracula :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Potentially, but wrt mine Moffat has said before that Capaldi's previous appearance in pompeii will be explained...
    I really dont see the point in explaining it. No one will care if he ignores it, it isnt that hard to believe that the doctor could regenerate into a body that looks very similar to that character.

I bet we get a 4 series long arc about this which will end in the most anti climactic way imaginable. It is steven moffat we are talking about.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by VladThe1mpaler)
    I really dont see the point in explaining it. No one will care if he ignores it, it isnt that hard to believe that the doctor could regenerate into a body that looks very similar to that character.

I bet we get a 4 series long arc about this which will end in the most anti climactic way imaginable. It is steven moffat we are talking about.
    Oh I'd be annoyed if he ignored it...but that's cos I hate poor continuity in everything, let alone major things like this.

ReputationRep:
    My unis student cinema is having a doctor who night tonight....playing The Day of the Doctor in the sports bar. Complete with jammy dodgers, jelly babies and even doctor who cocktails....no fish fingers and custard thoughName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1391199200.414423.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  75.4 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HBPrincess)
    My unis student cinema is having a doctor who night tonight....playing The Day of the Doctor in the sports bar. Complete with jammy dodgers, jelly babies and even doctor who cocktails....no fish fingers and custard thoughName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1391199200.414423.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  75.4 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Your student cinema sounds amazing :teeth:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 26, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.