Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishkmistry)
    i mean,BBB is a little unlikely as I'm expecting higher but basically i'm planning on applying to kings college london.So far I'm on my 3rd draft on my personal statement already and it's sharp apparently.I also have a lot of experience in working in a pharmacy as I've worked in two comm. pharmacies and a hospital whilst currently working in one right now with a qualification in being a counter assistant.It's a lot but i want to know if i can at least get an interview even though my grades might not meet the requirement
    I see no reason why not. I'd imagine you'll be predicted at least AAB if you show your inclination to succeed in classes - as your teachers should have no problem in predicting that you'll do even better than BBB!

So I think you should at least be interviewed, if not get a few offers from your universities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by needtosucceed=))
    you gotta do the ukcat for dentistry too right? have you been revising/looking at it?
    well just go with whatever your more interested in you could always apply for dentistry then have pharmacy as a back up
    ah cool I applied to ucl as well, preferred kings though lol.
    do you live in london?
    yeah but it's only a light option i think because my GCSE's were poor,i love in manchester,you ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ve_1995)
    Yeah, I really enjoyed studying Frankenstein. At first I was disappointed because we were supposed to be studying Jane Eyre and I'd already read that and it's one of my favourite books but then we got a different teacher and for some reason we did Frankenstein instead. But I actually liked it in the end so that was ok. Ah that's interesting. Did you enjoy studying it? Also did you get good exam questions? I was quite pleased with the exam questions I got, although I'm still really worried about it because I think I may have rambled on a bit too much... :/ I wrote about 6 or 7 sides for each of the essays. Are you continuing with English lit next year as well?
    6/7 sides for each? Wow! I only got about 3! :eek: Well the annoying thing about WW1 is that for the whole year my teacher was like 'this is probably the question that will come up, you should really work on this question and this poem' and in the exam, that question came up. The problem? I didn't read it and did the other one -.- oh well, will be fine :L Frankenstein sounds really interesting! I guess if you love Jane Eyre though the change could be annoying :\ Yeah I'm carrying it on, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lillollystar)
    What exam board is this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm doing AQA I'm pretty sure? It's the one that does WW1 or Victorian or 20th Century.

ReputationRep:
    yeah but it's only a light option i think because my GCSE's were poor,i love in manchester,you ?
    ohh fair enough!
    ah up north, I live in london

ReputationRep:
    does anyone take 1AL+1AS for the first year and sit for another AL+A2 on the second year?
    I quit school in Year 11 and I basically knew nothing about GCE.
    I started studying and I took 1AL+1AS this summer, but as 15 August approaches, I start to worry about if it's okay for me to sit the exam like the way I did. (I study in HK)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuya)
    I'll go out on a limb - Emma college?
    Nope, fitzwilliam XD do you have an offer/are you applying next year?

(Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Bulbasaur seems perfectly suited to Cambridge Torterra though :moon:

Pssssssht, I wish I can't wait for results now! I want to plan next years exams if I need to redo C4:lol:

Thanks
    Haha, why's that?

Yeah, you're on Edexcel right? C4 wasn't too hard but a few questions were so easy to make silly mistakes on - annoying. I'm sure you did well enough though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyclohexane)
    I see no reason why not. I'd imagine you'll be predicted at least AAB if you show your inclination to succeed in classes - as your teachers should have no problem in predicting that you'll do even better than BBB!

So I think you should at least be interviewed, if not get a few offers from your universities.
    ah i hope i do better,but just a simple question - will experience and the personal statement count if you miss entry req.?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bulbasaur)
    3 days and 9 hours till I get my results. That's 81 hours. Which is a square number. Which means we're another milestone closer to finding out. Oh god. Before we know it, it'll only be 64 hours!
    i like the way you think

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe results day is round the corner now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bulbasaur)
    Haha, why's that?

Yeah, you're on Edexcel right? C4 wasn't too hard but a few questions were so easy to make silly mistakes on - annoying. I'm sure you did well enough though
    :dontknow: I associate squirtle with imperial

WJEC my C4 was an absolute ***** (rumours from examiner of 30-40 marks for a C, so hoping A* boundary is low too) but my C3 only had one hard (functions :mad:) question!

Which A2s did you do? Is there a subject specific A*?

ReputationRep:
    I get my results online at 7am.
    Not sure whether to check them first or wait and check track?

ReputationRep:
    can't believe it's only 4 days :O Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Scary that the uni's have already made their decisions!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annadorts)
    Any Bristol firmers?
    yessssss...Aerospace engineering, need A*AA!!

ReputationRep:
    Just to make results day worse for me, it's also my dads birthday so if I do really badly, that will be a really crap birthday present from me. Also we're going out all day for it and I don't want to be a weeping nervous wreck at my bad AS results

Oh god this time in three days I will be so so nervous and ready to have a breakdown.

Edit: ahh I didn't know it blurred out words automatically oops

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by venenecinema)
    Ha, thanks, I'm not getting my hopes up though. Thankfully I'd also be happy with my insurance which is just AAB.
    Are you relying on getting into Bristol or do you also have an insurance that you'd like to attend?
    Yeah I've insured Nottingham which is AAB and I would be happy enough going there too, would just prefer Bristol

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to find out now, but as soon as I finished my exams I wanted to know. Need someone to chloroform me on Wednesday night, that's the only way I'll sleep.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ah i hope i do better,but just a simple question - will experience and the personal statement count if you miss entry req.?
    If you do your A2s and miss the grades slightly, the university will likely look over your statement and reference once again, so yes, it can tip it in your favour in tie-break situations between similarly-suitable applicants.

ReputationRep:
    My college opens at the same time that Track updates, so hopefully it updates at around 7.30 so I'm still at home If not I'm only a short walk away from college so I'll move onto my phone! :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.