Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrdoovde1)
    LOL apart from his heading, Chamakh has 0 ability. He has got to be the the worst technically able player I have ever watched followed closely by Gervinho.
    Have you never seen scott parker?

ReputationRep:
    Higuain scored yday lads, lets sign 'em

edit: but no srs, we need to sign a striker if we want to compete next season ffs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    id be quite interested to see that..

I do enjoy watching womens football, the drama is always good, and the players are actually likeable and normal people..

But the quality is fairly often lacking.. (as youd expect considering nearly all arent professional and hold down other jobs etc.)

International games that ive watched tend to be pretty great, but domestic games are just a level below..

Il definatly be watching the euros this summer though
    Same and completely agree, I actually preferred the women's semi finals at the olympics to the mens.

ReputationRep:

Tony Mertesacker and Martin Koscielny :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Abiraleft already answered that question. He's already at a much bigger club(29 league titles, 2 cheated titles and a CL would show that) who have a better team, where he gets good game time, for him to go to arsenal is quite blatantly a drop down, where he'll get similar game time(you'll have to fit wilshere, ramsey, cazorla, arteta and pogba in midfield), I'd much rather be playing with marchisio, pirlo, vidal, asamoah and lichsteiner if I had any sense and if I wanted to go to another team I'd go to madrid/chelsea/united/city who need a player like him and are willing to put in a big offer(30 million) for his services.
    And I answered Mr. Abiraleft back, interestingly he didn't bother to respond. It's not like Players have never left bigger clubs to come to Arsenal. Patrick V left Milan to come to Arsenal in 96.. hmm, funny how you lot believe "the next Vieira" wouldn't be interested.
    (Original post by 419)
    Don't what's worse, that or the ADVANCED wing idea. Isn't the wing position advanced by default. But then again, there's the Los Arsenal Galacticos :sogood: :coma:
    /sigh... let me guess, you actually have never played a real match of footy in your life? Before you make assumptions, try actually learning about the sport and gain real experience.. fifa and sky sports don't count.
    (Original post by 419)
    Santi shouldn't be considered for playing anywhere in the middle of the pitch. We need to start thinking of him as our left winger by default.
    That has to be the stupidest thing I've read on TSR all day.. and I been reading your previous comments mate!
    (Original post by jam277)
    This guy, :sogood: Advanced wingers. Pogba and fabregas coming back, cazorla in central midfield :sogood:
    Pogba and Fabregas are far flung, but it's a forum, we're allowed to dream here. But on the realistic side, Cazorla on the wing is a bad idea, he's slower than molasses. And what's your beef with advanced wingers, with the pace we have in Ox and Theo, it could really devastate defences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thugnificent.)
    Higuain scored yday lads, lets sign 'em

edit: but no srs, we need to sign a striker if we want to compete next season ffs
    Goes without saying and Higuain is certainly one we ought to consider.

ReputationRep:
    media reports are saying man u are trying to get fabregas!
    i highly doubt that this will happen
    first of fabregas unlike vanpersie has a bit of respect and would never go to manu, i think hes stated hed only go back to arsenal
    secondly dont fabregas and moyes have a bit of a rift?

where do journalists get these rumours from?

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure Fabregas (well, apparently) bought a new apartment near Camp Nou... don't think he would if he was considering moving clubs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)

They pretty much just make them up I think.

Fabregas to united is beyond stupid, to the point that I feel stupid for even discussing it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Pretty sure Fabregas (well, apparently) bought a new apartment near Camp Nou... don't think he would if he was considering moving clubs.
    Unless he's doin the old renovation game
    Buy a flat do it up and sell it for a profit
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)
    media reports are saying man u are trying to get fabregas!
    i highly doubt that this will happen
    first of fabregas unlike vanpersie has a bit of respect and would never go to manu, i think hes stated hed only go back to arsenal
    secondly dont fabregas and moyes have a bit of a rift?

And we're buying Clement Grenier from Lyon. Another summer of pretty average signings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Santi shouldn't be considered for playing anywhere in the middle of the pitch. We need to start thinking of him as our left winger by default.
    Why? He's been brilliant for us, whether that was in the middle or on the wing (IMO, better in the middle). It's a position he says he loves to play in, and I think he edges out Rosicky in being better at it. I don't really see him as your archetypal winger but rather I think he's put on the wing just to give Rosicky a position to play, share the creative burden and essentially put another man in midfield.

Fabregas to United is quite hilarious mind you :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    And we're buying Clement Grenier from Lyon. Another summer of pretty average signings.
    You'll get a big signing no doubt. There's no need to be that pessimistic, but wenger will only buy at the right time for the right price, whether that's deadline day or not we'll have to wait and see. He's probably looking for more steals and places to improve the team. He'll get a CB if vermaelen goes and get a striker + winger and maybe a DM, 4 CM/DM's would be enough(I don't count diaby for the obvious reasons) rosicky and cazorla are fine in the middle but if he feels cazorla suits the wing more he'll get an AM or second striker (jovetic again fits the bill)

Also fiorentina signing giuseppe rossi was probably to deal with football post jovetic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Why is he an average signing? Just because you don't have him in your ultimate team in FIFA. I doubt you could give a proper verdict on Grenier, you've probably never seen him play.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DentalPlan4lisa)
    And I answered Mr. Abiraleft back, interestingly he didn't bother to respond. It's not like Players have never left bigger clubs to come to Arsenal. Patrick V left Milan to come to Arsenal in 96.. hmm, funny how you lot believe "the next Vieira" wouldn't be interested.

/sigh... let me guess, you actually have never played a real match of footy in your life? Before you make assumptions, try actually learning about the sport and gain real experience.. fifa and sky sports don't count.

That has to be the stupidest thing I've read on TSR all day.. and I been reading your previous comments mate!

Pogba and Fabregas are far flung, but it's a forum, we're allowed to dream here. But on the realistic side, Cazorla on the wing is a bad idea, he's slower than molasses. And what's your beef with advanced wingers, with the pace we have in Ox and Theo, it could really devastate defences.
    can someone please call an ambulance I think my head is about to explode from reading this

ReputationRep:

Says playing FIFA doesn't count - then talks about pace :facepalm:

Cazorla is on the wing because then we can have someone else who can create chances because before if teams closed down cazorla we had no other creative influence so cazorla should stay on the wing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What the **** happened in here last night?

Only the Arsenal Thread could do this.....

Benteke, Lukaku and Jovetic upfront, Fabregas to Man United, Bale to leave Spurs for Arsenal....
    What next? Paul McShane in defense?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Nalbandian14)
    What the **** happened in here last night?

Only the Arsenal Thread could do this.....

Benteke, Lukaku and Jovetic upfront, Fabregas to Man United, Bale to leave Spurs for Arsenal....
    What next? Paul McShane in defense?
    Bale to arsenal was trolling.

Paul mcshane did well for me in the championship for hull.

We fight because we love this team oh so dearly :console:

That being said.. why don't you think Pogba would care to Join Arsenal?

The Gunners weren't nearly the club they are today, by any measure, when we managed to attracted exciting young talent like Henry, Vieira and Fabregas.
    Because even if he does want to leave Juventus (and I haven't seen this reported in any of the more reliable news sources - but I don't really follow Twitter stuff, so I don't really know the inside gossip :p:) I think he'd be able to get offers from clubs who are bigger/in better positions than Arsenal, and I think he's the sort of player to take those offers (this is conjecture, of course, but based on the way he moved from United to Juve). As to the players you mentioned:

(i) Vieira moved from A.C. Milan, where he had made only two first-team appearances. His resume at Milan is practically non-existent - it was at Arsenal that he made his name.

(ii) Henry moved from Juventus, where he had been struggling and had scored only three goals in 16 games. Juventus sold him the season after he had joined, and it's widely noted that very few people really believed he's be successful at Arsenal - again, it was at Arsenal that he really established himself.

(iii) Fabregas - I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this :p: - joined when he was just 16 and unknown outside of circles that kept a close eye on youth competitions (iirc we spotted him when he was playing in the U-16s World Cup). In his own words, 'Arsenal came for me, but at Barcelona I was just one of many.' (Source) It was at Arsenal that he became one of few on a global scale.

Now compare those backgrounds with Pogba's: he's just had a season where he made 37 appearances and scored 5 goals for a team that's just won it's second consecutive Serie A title, and picked up his first two caps for the French national side - and he turned 20 in March. He is already extremely highly rated in Europe and undoubtedly on the radars of all the biggest clubs. So I don't really think the examples you've given are particularly relevant here - he's young, but that's really the only similarity in context. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    A

FM and youtube count?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.