The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Boy_wonder_95
If his name isn't bob then what is his name? :eyeball:

Probably something majestic as fuaarr, like Octavius or Rutherford.
Original post by mynameisntbobk
That does seem plausible, but I've never really been in that situation. Saying that though, the ones who just about quality to teach are probably the worst

Craig

I kid :wink:

Hahaha yeah :lol: her PhD will be in Education and i believe her Bsc and masters are Education and her Bsc (hons) is chemistry :yep:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Felix Felicis
Probably something majestic as fuaarr, like Octavius or Rutherford.

If my name was Rutherford, you would all know. That name is soo :sexface:
Original post by techno836
Hahaha yeah :lol: her PhD will be in Education though i believe her Bsc and masters are Education and her Bsc (hons) is chemistry :yep:

She's doing a PhD in education and she's not that good a teacher? Big problem!
If my name was Rutherford, you would all know. That name is soo :sexface:

She's doing a PhD in education and she's not that good a teacher? Big problem!

No she is a very good teacher ?? Have i typed something wrong somewhere :facepalm: I've been doing that alot recently :lol:
Has anyone here sent off their application or finished?
!

I hate the lessons, want to change to Spanish!

And biomedical chemistry I think, added to chemistry and physics :h:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
How could you read that **** for pleasure?:lolwut: stupid book :colonhash:

:woo:

What are you applying for now, Fish? :holmes:
Original post by Endless Blue
What are you applying for now, Fish? :holmes:

Chemistry/Medicine :lol: I'm applying for some work experience for the summer. If I enjoy it, I'll be dropping Geography and doing Biology AS. Might squeeze in the whole A2 if I can and not do any more maths modules (ie self study some biology A2 and only have f.maths AS)
Has anyone here sent off their application or finished?

Getting close to finishing but it's a tad early to send it off now, is it not? I'll probably still send mine in around early October. You?

& was anybody else at Bristol today? (Other than Robbie.)
Original post by Pandora.
They are :biggrin: It's a pain when they're asleep in the middle of the road and won't move. :tongue:

I think you would be! Great descriptions of Manhattan :coma: Yeah, my teachers have said before that it's hard to get the full effect unless you actually see it being performed. That's a shame, it's a brilliant play! I think I might do it for A2 coursework. Amazing banter in it :tongue:

Haha I bet it is! I'd be scared of accidentally hitting one :eek:

Oh how lovely :smile: I totally agree with that. You should do! I'm thinking of doing The Historian, sounds like an interesting modern gothic-style novel! That, Doctor Faustus or Dracula. :biggrin: Many say the latter is boring though :dontknow:

Hahaha that's great :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3190
Original post by Lucy96
Haha I bet it is! I'd be scared of accidentally hitting one :eek:

Oh how lovely :smile: I totally agree with that. You should do! I'm thinking of doing The Historian, sounds like an interesting modern gothic-style novel! That, Doctor Faustus or Dracula. :biggrin: Many say the latter is boring though :dontknow:

Hahaha that's great :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for mentioning The Historian - I've never heard of it before, so I might try and get hold of a copy. It looks great! Oh, so you're going for a gothic theme? Cool. I do Gothic for the exam anyway so I think I want to do something a bit different for coursework. :smile:
Getting close to finishing but it's a tad early to send it off now, is it not? I'll probably still send mine in around early October. You?

& was anybody else at Bristol today? (Other than Robbie.)

Just wondering :tongue:, but it's good to get it done early so you can get back to work. Should hopefully be finished within the next week then my teacher has to do the reference.

How was Bristol? I wanted to go but I didn't book :frown:
Original post by Pandora.
Thanks for mentioning The Historian - I've never heard of it before, so I might try and get hold of a copy. It looks great! Oh, so you're going for a gothic theme? Cool. I do Gothic for the exam anyway so I think I want to do something a bit different for coursework. :smile:

You're welcome! Great :biggrin: it really does! I am, I'm doing Gothic for the exam too, I thought I'd do it for the coursework just to act as extra revision and so I could briefly mention it in an exam question if I got the chance :tongue: My mind is going to end up so gothic-orientated, hopefully I won't turn into a killer or something :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just wondering :tongue:, but it's good to get it done early so you can get back to work. Should hopefully be finished within the next week then my teacher has to do the reference.

How was Bristol? I wanted to go but I didn't book :frown:

Bristol was really nice, I thought. I have a lot of experience of the city as a child and I think it is fantastic. The University is situated near the nice part (Clifton), so it has loads of stunning architecture, leafy green parks, vibrant city life nearby and the harbour is like a 10 minute walk. Are you thinking of applying?
Bristol was really nice, I thought. I have a lot of experience of the city as a child and I think it is fantastic. The University is situated near the nice part (Clifton), so it has loads of stunning architecture, leafy green parks, vibrant city life nearby and the harbour is like a 10 minute walk. Are you thinking of applying?

Sounds nice :smile:. I'm considering it, but I'm a bit undecided between it and Warwick and it doesn't help that I haven't been to either... I heard the latter is a bit isolated and in the middle of nowhere, might just have to toss a coin! You thinking of applying?
(edited 10 years ago)
Sounds nice :smile:. I'm considering it, but I'm a bit undecided between it and Warwick and it doesn't help that I haven't been to either... I heard the latter is a bit isolated and in the middle of nowhere, might just have to toss a coin! You thinking of applying?

Yeah, I am definitely applying to Bristol now. :yep: FWIW, I live 20 mins from Warwick and went to the Open Day as well. I would say, yes, it is pretty isolated; the nearest city is Coventry and to be honest it's not a particularly nice one. It's very much a campus university - everything is in one place. You may like it, or you may not. I wasn't sure but I thought it felt a little bit insular to be honest, but it depends on your personal preferences.

Where else are you applying to?
bristol offers with step be like AAB you know what im sayin?

nais back up insurance choice (if Cambridge reject me)

:biggrin:
Original post by Robbie242
bristol offers with step be like AAB you know what im sayin?

That it's a great insurance :biggrin:
Original post by keromedic
That it's a great insurance :biggrin:

indeed it is, but if I get a Cambridge offer one cannot simply reject Warwick alongside a Cambridge offer (at least I can't)
Original post by Robbie242
indeed it is, but if I get a Cambridge offer one cannot simply reject Warwick alongside a Cambridge offer (at least I can't)

Fair enough.

Latest