Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just an update, husband spoke with St Georges and they said the email was a mistake and to just wait for the GAMSAT results to come out middle of this month.

Thank goodness!!

(Not that we are confident about the results, just that he would prefer to be turned down for that rather than missing a deadline!)

Good luck peeps!! x

ReputationRep:
    Estimated date for UKCAT results being delivered today. Nerves!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clunkles)
    Estimated date for UKCAT results being delivered today. Nerves!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Youre not alone! Scary to think we could hear anytime now, but its generally December that unis sent out interviews I think?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HanaGEM)
    Youre not alone! Scary to think we could hear anytime now, but its generally December that unis sent out interviews I think?!
    Well soton interviews on the 7th December, so I would imagine late November for them

Posted from TSR Mobile
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by renoufcaitlin)
    As a graduate entry student, is there any possibility of getting student finance? I just saw on the SFE website that they only provide loans for your first degree. I am worried I won't be able to afford this even if I was lucky enough to get an interview, let alone an offer!
    Hi There,

This link to the NHS careers website says that if you are a graduate and studying a 5 year medicine degree, you won't be able to get Student Finance tuition fee loans or maintenance grants as you did for your undergraduate course.

However, apparently you can apply for a maintenance loan from Student Finance which is income based. Why don't you give Student Finance a call and ask about your possibilities? We've done it lots of times, and they are always very helpful!

Your 5th year of study and onward will be paid for by the NHS Student Bursary scheme, which is the same as for undergraduates as far as we are aware.

If you have other general questions about graduate entry Medicine, why not sign up to this free event in London?

We hope this helps you with your finance query. Good Luck!

TMP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clunkles)
    Well soton interviews on the 7th December, so I would imagine late November for them

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That would make sense. Everywhere I've applied to interviews in Jan I think

ReputationRep:
    Update on the St George's rejections for submitting application after the closing date - they have emailed to say this was an error and should be ignored. Big relief!

They are asking people not to phone in while they deal with the issue.

UCAS are also aware.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kantayya)
    Update on the St George's rejections for submitting application after the closing date - they have emailed to say this was an error and should be ignored. Big relief!

They are asking people not to phone in while they deal with the issue.

UCAS are also aware.
    Im glad to hear this is getting resolved for you all, that must have been horrible!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Medic Portal)
    Hi There,

This link to the NHS careers website says that if you are a graduate and studying a 5 year medicine degree, you won't be able to get Student Finance tuition fee loans or maintenance grants as you did for your undergraduate course.

However, apparently you can apply for a maintenance loan from Student Finance which is income based. Why don't you give Student Finance a call and ask about your possibilities? We've done it lots of times, and they are always very helpful!

Your 5th year of study and onward will be paid for by the NHS Student Bursary scheme, which is the same as for undergraduates as far as we are aware.

If you have other general questions about graduate entry Medicine, why not sign up to this free event in London?

TMP
    This thread is primarily aimed at the fast track graduate course which has totally different funding arrangements. Also please don't lie about the event! It is not about uk graduate entry medicine, it is about paying to study medicine abroad! If we wanted to do that we would post in a relevant area, not here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Medic Portal)
    Hi There,

TMP
    Why is this advertised as being for "post graduate medicine", when what it actually means is "graduate entry medicine"?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanishqa)
    Hey, I got the same thing via track for Birmingham. I gave them a call and they were pretty shocked too. They said they'll speak with the med faculty and get back to me tomorrow! I think you should give St. George's a call. Hopefully this works out for all of us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey did you call up Birmingham today? I just got an unsuccessful on Track also and thought I was just unsuccessful. Could it be a mistake?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elizabethrbt)
    Hey did you call up Birmingham today? I just got an unsuccessful on Track also and thought I was just unsuccessful. Could it be a mistake?
    I did. They said they'll send me a feedback but they haven't yet. Could still be a mistake. :'(
    I suggest you ring them up. And then let me know how it goes, please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by neuronerd)
    This thread is primarily aimed at the fast track graduate course which has totally different funding arrangements. Also please don't lie about the event! It is not about uk graduate entry medicine, it is about paying to study medicine abroad! If we wanted to do that we would post in a relevant area, not here!
    Hi neuronerd,

Oops - sorry! We didn't realise this was a thread primarily for fast track graduate course applicants. For fast track stuff, you're right. The funding arrangements are totally different!

TMP

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone received message from Bristol .i got unsuccessful application. When I ask feedback they mentioned more student got excellent qualifications.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by JenniB22)
    Why is this advertised as being for "post graduate medicine", when what it actually means is "graduate entry medicine"?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for pointing this out! We're correcting the page now.

TMP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanishqa)
    I did. They said they'll send me a feedback but they haven't yet. Could still be a mistake. :'(
    I suggest you ring them up. And then let me know how it goes, please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey just called admissions and they said just to email for feedback! So no further on that Sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KAmalraj10)
    Did anyone received message from Bristol .i got unsuccessful application. When I ask feedback they mentioned more student got excellent qualifications.
    Woah, that's crazy! I'm so sorry! I had no idea Bristol had started rejecting people already. Was this for A100 or A101? What qualifications do you have if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elizabethrbt)
    Hey just called admissions and they said just to email for feedback! So no further on that Sorry
    Four other people on the Birmingham uni thread have said they had the same problem. And it turned out to be mistake.
    I don't know anything anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nature_elf)
    Woah, that's crazy! I'm so sorry! I had no idea Bristol had started rejecting people already. Was this for A100 or A101? What qualifications do you have if you don't mind me asking?
    A101 gem. Bsc Human biology studied..now in studying Msc Applied Drug Discovery .i didn't even give my predicted grade. My tutor told he can give from jan 2016 because now im doing project for this semester. I don't know what to do. Im very upset.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KAmalraj10)
    A101 gem. Bsc Human biology studied..now in studying Msc Applied Drug Discovery .i didn't even give my predicted grade. My tutor told he can give from jan 2016 because now im doing project for this semester. I don't know what to do. Im very upset.
    That is pretty insane, especially with a (presumably) pretty medically relevant Masters. I assume your Degree classification and A-levels were decent too? When did you get the notification? What are your other choices? Don't worry I'm sure everything will work out in the end - you only need one interview after all!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.