Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawMe)
    Thank you! It's such a different application process to usual, I had to do lots of practice tests as it just wasn't something I am used to. Good luck for your future/current applications!
    Did you find doing practice tests helped? Where did you find those?

ReputationRep:
    I'm stunned at how many of us candidates have been left in mid air. I'm sure there was more certainty last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shestheone)
    I'm stunned at how many of us candidates have been left in mid air. I'm sure there was more certainty last year.
    I know, it's awful. Just put us out of our misery!

ReputationRep:
    who are people waiting on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roomwithoutaroof)
    who are people waiting on?
    I'm waiting on 15NBS to reject me on the basis that two people have commented on this thread about accepting offers from them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Not Not Amused)
    Did you find doing practice tests helped? Where did you find those?
    Yeah I think they helped to a certain extent as they showed me what sort of answers people were looking for rather than what you might actually do. Given that some pretty likely answers seem to only get partial marks because there seems to be a set way of dealing with things, I think that maximised my marks but there is still an element of luck in my opinion. I just googled situational judgement practice tests and did a couple and read the guidance.

Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from 5 St Andrews Hill either way? Cheers x

ReputationRep:
    GLS tests are so random. One year I made it to the Critical Reasoning stage, the following year I failed at the Situational Judgment stage. Through to the Verbal Reasoning stage this year. Fingers crossed everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BPTCStudent11)
    Has anyone heard from 5 St Andrews Hill either way? Cheers x
    I believe I have heard of someone having received an offer already.

ReputationRep:
    i have pretty much given up hope but can someone please clarify what the position is with Pump Court?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LegalCat)
    GLS tests are so random. One year I made it to the Critical Reasoning stage, the following year I failed at the Situational Judgment stage. Through to the Verbal Reasoning stage this year. Fingers crossed everyone!
    I think the pass threshold changes by reference to scores of your year. They'll take through the right number at each stage to ensure they have the right number at assessment centre. At assessment centre you're ranked and they offer from top down. If not enough people met the standard they just take less trainees.

ReputationRep:
    Nexus rejections out by email. They're coming in thick n fast now!

ReputationRep:
    4BB anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shestheone)
    Nexus rejections out by email. They're coming in thick n fast now!
    Me too! Looks like that's all my applications over for this year, on to the next one...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 538123)
    4BB anyone?
    I've accepted and I know of at least one other acceptance... I have a feeling I was the last one to confirm today, but not 100% on that. Sorry for the bad news!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Many congratulations Thank you for letting us know! x
    (Original post by Hopefully1234)
    I've accepted and I know of at least one other acceptance... I have a feeling I was the last one to confirm today, but not 100% on that. Sorry for the bad news!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Big favour, Does anyone have an interview with no18 Southampton on Saturday morning that they would kindly like to swap times? I have an afternoon slot and am desperate for something before midday. Thank u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SevenAteNine)
    Nexus interviews are out too. Anyone with Nexus experience willing to give tips either on here or DM would be very much appreciated.... eg. may name first child after you, etc.
    We had 25 mins to prep a bail app last year, before then doing it, and then answering some general questions on your CV etc.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone at all confirm if they know if anyone either got an offer from 4 Brick Court or was invited for second round interview? Haven't seen on the thread any news about them at all offering to anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal)
    I think the pass threshold changes by reference to scores of your year. They'll take through the right number at each stage to ensure they have the right number at assessment centre. At assessment centre you're ranked and they offer from top down. If not enough people met the standard they just take less trainees.
    I have received my scoring for gls. I scored 50% and the required threshold was 63%.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2017
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.