The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016 Watch

Not Not Amused
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by LawMe)
Thank you! It's such a different application process to usual, I had to do lots of practice tests as it just wasn't something I am used to. Good luck for your future/current applications!
Did you find doing practice tests helped? Where did you find those?
shestheone
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm stunned at how many of us candidates have been left in mid air. I'm sure there was more certainty last year.
Garli6
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by shestheone)
I'm stunned at how many of us candidates have been left in mid air. I'm sure there was more certainty last year.
I know, it's awful. Just put us out of our misery!
roomwithoutaroof
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
who are people waiting on?
Garli6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by roomwithoutaroof)
who are people waiting on?
I'm waiting on 15NBS to reject me on the basis that two people have commented on this thread about accepting offers from them.
LawMe
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Not Not Amused)
Did you find doing practice tests helped? Where did you find those?
Yeah I think they helped to a certain extent as they showed me what sort of answers people were looking for rather than what you might actually do. Given that some pretty likely answers seem to only get partial marks because there seems to be a set way of dealing with things, I think that maximised my marks but there is still an element of luck in my opinion. I just googled situational judgement practice tests and did a couple and read the guidance.

Hope that helps!
BPTCStudent11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Has anyone heard from 5 St Andrews Hill either way? Cheers x
LegalCat
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
GLS tests are so random. One year I made it to the Critical Reasoning stage, the following year I failed at the Situational Judgment stage. Through to the Verbal Reasoning stage this year. Fingers crossed everyone!
applemore
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by BPTCStudent11)
Has anyone heard from 5 St Andrews Hill either way? Cheers x
I believe I have heard of someone having received an offer already.
Legal.InnerT
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i have pretty much given up hope but can someone please clarify what the position is with Pump Court?
Ethereal
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by LegalCat)
GLS tests are so random. One year I made it to the Critical Reasoning stage, the following year I failed at the Situational Judgment stage. Through to the Verbal Reasoning stage this year. Fingers crossed everyone!
I think the pass threshold changes by reference to scores of your year. They'll take through the right number at each stage to ensure they have the right number at assessment centre. At assessment centre you're ranked and they offer from top down. If not enough people met the standard they just take less trainees.
shestheone
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nexus rejections out by email. They're coming in thick n fast now!
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
4BB anyone?
LawMe
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by shestheone)
Nexus rejections out by email. They're coming in thick n fast now!
Me too! Looks like that's all my applications over for this year, on to the next one...!
Hopefully1234
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 538123)
4BB anyone?
I've accepted and I know of at least one other acceptance... I have a feeling I was the last one to confirm today, but not 100% on that. Sorry for the bad news!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Many congratulations Thank you for letting us know! x
(Original post by Hopefully1234)
I've accepted and I know of at least one other acceptance... I have a feeling I was the last one to confirm today, but not 100% on that. Sorry for the bad news!

Posted from TSR Mobile
shestheone
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Big favour, Does anyone have an interview with no18 Southampton on Saturday morning that they would kindly like to swap times? I have an afternoon slot and am desperate for something before midday. Thank u
db00117
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by SevenAteNine)
Nexus interviews are out too. Anyone with Nexus experience willing to give tips either on here or DM would be very much appreciated.... eg. may name first child after you, etc.
We had 25 mins to prep a bail app last year, before then doing it, and then answering some general questions on your CV etc.
Igor_the_Cat
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Can anyone at all confirm if they know if anyone either got an offer from 4 Brick Court or was invited for second round interview? Haven't seen on the thread any news about them at all offering to anyone?
shestheone
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ethereal)
I think the pass threshold changes by reference to scores of your year. They'll take through the right number at each stage to ensure they have the right number at assessment centre. At assessment centre you're ranked and they offer from top down. If not enough people met the standard they just take less trainees.
I have received my scoring for gls. I scored 50% and the required threshold was 63%.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (1091)
90.24%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (118)
9.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise