The Manchester United Thread XIX Watch

This discussion is closed.
WeOnlyLiveOnce
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by hayles101)
They just don't learn. It's unbelievable.

They will wait until we're out of the FA Cup and Top 4 mathematically impossible before pulling the trigger ala Moyes. Again! Infuriating! :mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
We're run by a bunch of incompetent fools who seem to only care about how much money we make. I just dont understand why we dont sack him now if its widely reported that he'll walk at the end of the season. Woodward lacks balls and if van Gaal doesnt go today then i hope the pressure and attention shifts to Woodward.

If van Gaal is in charge for our FA cup tie against Derby on Friday, then we're pretty much out. It's an away game aswell and we're **** away from home. Heck even at home, our results have started to go south but i would have been slightly confident of grabbing a draw against Derby. It's really hit depressing levels now, he has to go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
NathanW18
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The club will one day enter the modern era. It will probably take more failures to do it. Nothing is going to happen today.
StrangerthanEleven
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
We're run by a bunch of incompetent fools who seem to only care about how much money we make. I just dont understand why we dont sack him now if its widely reported that he'll walk at the end of the season. Woodward lacks balls and if van Gaal doesnt go today then i hope the pressure and attention shifts to Woodward.

If van Gaal is in charge for our FA cup tie against Derby on Friday, then we're pretty much out. It's an away game aswell and we're **** away from home. Heck even at home, our results have started to go south but i would have been slightly confident of grabbing a draw against Derby. It's really hit depressing levels now, he has to go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
But it's like you say, they're money men that's all they care about. Hateful as that is, SURELY that must ring alarm bells 5 pts off 4th showing absolutely no signs of anything resembling form?

Why aren't they wetting themselves about it again? Scared of how hard it'll hurt their pockets? You'd have to actually have something wrong with you to think now at this stage Van Gaal will suddenly start getting it right? Why not take action and at least try and see if we can make Europe next season?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lúcio
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
We'll see how season ticket renewals go then, because match going reds are not one bit happy.

I know a lot of people who are genuinely considering not renewing due to Mr Van Gaal's riveting football. I'm one of them. I'll stick to aways. At least there you get some atmosphere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just support Liverpool instead

We might not play the best football but we're far from boring and at least we have a manager on the sidelines who actually cares.
6thformer25
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Van gaal needs to go if we want to finish in the top 4...
xKay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Been widely reported he always planned to go to Holland for his daughters birthday which is why Giggs is taking the session. Planned before Southampton game.

So sadly means nothing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well that's just ruined my monday even more
xKay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 6thformer25)
Van gaal needs to go if we want to finish in the top 4...
What makes you say that?
6thformer25
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by xKay)
What makes you say that?
have you seen the way we play?
I dont mind his boring possesion based football if it gets the 3 points but the fact is it doesnt..
qasidb
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I honestly, honestly don't think LVG will be sacked until top 4 becomes mathematically impossible.
We saw how bad it got with Moyes yet he still wasn't sacked until top 4 became unachievable.
I think the same will happen with LVG. If the board didn't sack him after Stoke then why would they do it now?

Our only hope is:
A) LVG resigns himself
B) The board suddenly come to their senses and sack him

Posted from TSR Mobile
Seabear11
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by qasidb)
I honestly, honestly don't think LVG will be sacked until top 4 becomes mathematically impossible.
We saw how bad it got with Moyes yet he still wasn't sacked until top 4 became unachievable.
I think the same will happen with LVG. If the board didn't sack him after Stoke then why would they do it now?

Our only hope is:
A) LVG resigns himself
B) The board suddenly come to their senses and sack him

Posted from TSR Mobile
So the only way we can get champions league for next season is that we bore our opponent of the pitch in the Europa league for them to just give us the trophy cause everyone was falling asleep?
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Part of me thinks LVG can actually pull of a top 4 finish even though it has mostly been terrible!

The other part of me that doubts this is mainly due to the concern with the amount of points we drop at home....we should be winning games at Old Trafford not drawing or losing almost all the time. If we got points at home then I wouldn't be one bit worried because I would at least know top 4 is very likely. Idk it's a tough one.....

The club is showing no signs of wanting to sack him so my stance is still the same the fans just have to learn to put up with the pain until the season is finished even if that means we won't be in the champions league but at least we will have a fresh start with a new manager and new additions to the team!
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You reckon Rooney named his new son Kit so that he doesn't forget to take it to training?
xKay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Zerforax)
You reckon Rooney named his new son Kit so that he doesn't forget to take it to training?
Old
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by xKay)
Old kit
fixed*
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by xKay)
Old

Kai, Klay, Kit is pretty awful though..
StrangerthanEleven
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I want him to have one more called Kat.

And a finally one called Chunky.

Posted from TSR Mobile
zKlown
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I want him to have one more called Kat.

And a finally one called Chunky.

Posted from TSR Mobile
As dead as Luke's trim

Dirtybit
Seabear11
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by trapking)
Part of me thinks LVG can actually pull of a top 4 finish even though it has mostly been terrible!

The other part of me that doubts this is mainly due to the concern with the amount of points we drop at home....we should be winning games at Old Trafford not drawing or losing almost all the time. If we got points at home then I wouldn't be one bit worried because I would at least know top 4 is very likely. Idk it's a tough one.....

The club is showing no signs of wanting to sack him so my stance is still the same the fans just have to learn to put up with the pain until the season is finished even if that means we won't be in the champions league but at least we will have a fresh start with a new manager and new additions to the team!
Before the southampton game, I thought with the win away at anfield it could spark the players into performing for the tea and let us go on a run. But its bit of a false start really. The players don't look like they're bothered to play for the club. It's really sad to say that i dont think any of players come out with their head high saying they did their best for the team on saturday bar de gea.

I really don't think missing out on champions league is an option for this club. I mean our finances are looking fine but to miss out after the dreadful start chelsea has had. And all the other team falling apart as well. It's not going to get easier making the top 4 next season. If we don't make top 4, how many potential signings are we missing out on again...
WeOnlyLiveOnce
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
But it's like you say, they're money men that's all they care about. Hateful as that is, SURELY that must ring alarm bells 5 pts off 4th showing absolutely no signs of anything resembling form?

Why aren't they wetting themselves about it again? Scared of how hard it'll hurt their pockets? You'd have to actually have something wrong with you to think now at this stage Van Gaal will suddenly start getting it right? Why not take action and at least try and see if we can make Europe next season?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah that's exactly what all of us must be thinking. The more time we spent away from winning trophies and heck failing to qualify for the champions league, the more it's likely to hurt our brand and lead to less commercial revenue. However, it's probably going to take maybe another 3/4 season of horrible performances like this season to hit our pockets.

We probably will not finish in the top 4. It's just getting worse, it really is. I was bullish about our hopes even after the disastrous December fixtures but it just seems hopeless. We're ****ing Manchester United, i know it sounds spoilt but we're the biggest club in England, we should be setting the bar, not looking to merely finish 4th ffs. I accepted it for a year or two after SAF retired, but for this long it's down right awful. All van Gaal has done is make us lower expectations season after season. You look at Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, the other 4 biggest clubs in the world along with us and Juventus (AC and Inter have just imploded) and they seem to change managers but still maintain a level of success. Granted, we dont have a squad anywhere close to them but they rarely have a long 'transitional' period like we seem to be having (Juventus fell apart after calciopoli but still recovered) . I know none of those clubs never had a manager for 26 years who was so ingrained into the fabric of our club and had absolute power but the change from SAF has been horrible and it's mainly down to incompetence from the board and Woodward.

We've lost our identity, we really have. We still promote youth which may be one of the few positives that van Gaal has brought but our attacking and vibrant football with wingers has completely disappeared. It doesnt feel like i'm watching our United play anymore, it's awful. Yes we didnt play such great football during the latter years of SAF's reign but we still had an identity. 18 or so months in and we still have no ****ing idea with what van Gaal is trying to implement and with over 200m pounds spent, this is tragic, absolutely tragic. Give that 250m to Mourinho, Guardiola, Ancelotti, Klopp and they'd build a world class squad. This summer maybe the recruitment wasnt so bad but it's still lacking and we just seem hell bent on pursuing ridiculous transfer targets. There's no proper transfer strategy in place, it's like a scatter gun approach and whichever top players seem to have a contract issue, just uses us for a bigger contract. There's a real issue at United and it starts from the head, we're fast turning into Liverpool ffs.

/rant.
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Inter haven't imploded more so than Juventus did, they are still likely to get a CL spot anyway and they are coming back.

The targets United went for in the summer were not poor targets in the slightest. The only poor deal was Falcao under LVG.

United simply need a system that gets the most out of the players and to improve the depth of the squad.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (62)
32.8%
Spring (35)
18.52%
Autumn/Fall (46)
24.34%
Winter (36)
19.05%
I love them all equally (10)
5.29%