Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Yeah, both. Currently been on doxcycline for months. No change. :/
    Ahhh that sucks big time. Doxycycline worked wonders for me. Maybe ask to try that limecycline i think its called that also worked really well for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    Ahhh that sucks big time. Doxycycline worked wonders for me. Maybe ask to try that limecycline i think its called that also worked really well for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was on that first and it didn't work. Gotta stick it out for the dermatologist appointment

ReputationRep:
    I've been doing really well lately and haven't felt depressed in a long time. Now I did something that my friends don't like, so none of my close friends will talk to me, I'm really anxious about having to go into school, and I can't will myself to revise for an important test, even though I really need too. I keep swinging in and out of being okay and being not okay and crying, but I don't know what to do because my close friends, who were my support network, refuse to talk to me.

ReputationRep:
    I'm new here. :hugs: to everyone
    Been lurking around for a while but never really posted before :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    Gone nuts at uni :cry:

(Original post by Skysweeper)
    I'm new here. :hugs: to everyone
    Been lurking around for a while but never really posted before :getmecoat:
    :hi:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm worried sick :cry2: I found a hard lump on one of my cats and after finding the same on one of my old cats a few years ago and it turned out to be lymphoma, I'm not taking chances and marching him to the vet tonight. Dreading hearing him meow and cry in fear but going to the vet is for his own good just hope he gets the all clear. My cats are my life :cry2:

After how bad I was feeling at the weekend, this is the cherry on the cake plus my mum is away tomorrow for a few days which is going to be hell if there is something wrong with Rambo

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    I'm worried sick :cry2: I found a hard lump on one of my cats and after finding the same on one of my old cats a few years ago and it turned out to be lymphoma, I'm not taking chances and marching him to the vet tonight. Dreading hearing him meow and cry in fear but going to the vet is for his own good just hope he gets the all clear. My cats are my life :cry2:

After how bad I was feeling at the weekend, this is the cherry on the cake plus my mum is away tomorrow for a few days which is going to be hell if there is something wrong with Rambo

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I really hope he's okay. I just got some bad news about one of my pets yesterday. Fingers crossed for you

ReputationRep:
    I'm so down right now

Spoiler:
    Show
    Why do I have to be so fat and ugly? I'm starting a 300 calorie diet tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinnie)
    I'm so down right now
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Aw, I'm sure you're not ugly or fat! Please take care of your health and stay healthy, don't do anything dangerous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    I really hope he's okay. I just got some bad news about one of my pets yesterday. Fingers crossed for you
    Thank you :hugs: I'm so sorry to hear about your pet, if you want to talk feel free to mail me anytime :hugs: I lost two last year and it broke my heart so it was all brought back tonight :cry2: Rambo got on ok at the vet. The vet said the lump is too small to biopsy atm so we've to watch it for a month or two and if it grows, then he'll take a biopsy but he said don't be concerned right now. I hate the watching and waiting game

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm fed up of peoples ********.
    I'm done. I'm done. I'm so ****ing done.

People need to stop walking all over me like I don't matter.

Hospital didn't go well today either - I've been referred to another hospital now which is so far away for more tests and stuff.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm wishing you and your cat the best :hugs:
    (Original post by Cinnie)
    I'm so down right now
    Spoiler:
    Show
    No I'm sure you aren't. Before you tell me that I've never seen you so I couldn't tell...true, but I've seen loaaaaads of people on streets, public transport etc...Never ever gave a thought about their size or attractiveness. I won't find you ugly and fat no matter how you think about yourself and I'm sure is the same for a lot of people :hugs: :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skysweeper)
    I'm wishing you and your cat the best :hugs:
    Thanks, that really means a lot to me :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, that really means a lot to me :hugs:
    Hope your cats alright x

ReputationRep:
    My mates ask me what my plans are for the day... I answer "Oh I have to do my chores and then cry about life " They laugh thinking it's a joke... Oh I wish it was a joke! My tissue papers are being deprived at an incredible rate from the daily crying :cry2: What has my life come to...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    Hope your cats alright x
    Thanks :hugs: the lump is too small to biopsy so its a waiting game for a month or two to see if grows. Hoping it doesn't but all I can think of is that it will since I've been in this situation before with my cat that died last year when it turned out he had lymphoma x

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hugs: Hopefully it's nothing. My cat had a large lump last month and they removed it to biopsy. Turned out it was just an allergic reaction to an injection they gave him. But yeah, at the time I was so worried it might be really serious so I get how you feel. I know it's hard to watch and wait but hopefully it'll be just a cyst or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    :hugs: Hopefully it's nothing. My cat had a large lump last month and they removed it to biopsy. Turned out it was just an allergic reaction to an injection they gave him. But yeah, at the time I was so worried it might be really serious so I get how you feel. I know it's hard to watch and wait but hopefully it'll be just a cyst or something.
    Thank you :hugs: so glad your cat was ok the lump is moveable which is good so I'm thinking it could be a cyst but I'll just have to wait and see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Tara~)
    Open University is really really flexible for mental health difficulties/disability. You can have recording devices for lectures, additional materials. I had a talking book because multiple sources helps me learn better. They are really flexible on a lot of deadlines and you can defer examinable components.

I transferred to brick because despite all those adjustments, I still learn better face to face on more regular basis. But I'm scared. With open uni, you read the books and all the info is there. Read and pass. Brick uni is an unknown for me.

Also with open uni you can claim a qualification at any point along the way as long as you have enough credits. So I studied the equivalent of first year at brick uni and now have a certificate in higher education. Get to the equivalent to second year and you can claim diploma of higher ed. or you can do the full degree. Unlike brick where you'd lose that study with nothing to show employers, with open uni you have something - which is especially good for people like us who struggle to study but have the intelligence to do higher education
    You can also leave brick and mortar universities after a year with a certificate, and after two with a diploma as well, you know Tara?

My Mental Health is ****ed!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.