The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

I'm worried sick :cry2: I found a hard lump on one of my cats and after finding the same on one of my old cats a few years ago and it turned out to be lymphoma, I'm not taking chances and marching him to the vet tonight. Dreading hearing him meow and cry in fear but going to the vet is for his own good :frown: just hope he gets the all clear. My cats are my life :cry2:

After how bad I was feeling at the weekend, this is the cherry on the cake plus my mum is away tomorrow for a few days which is going to be hell if there is something wrong with Rambo :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
I'm worried sick :cry2: I found a hard lump on one of my cats and after finding the same on one of my old cats a few years ago and it turned out to be lymphoma, I'm not taking chances and marching him to the vet tonight. Dreading hearing him meow and cry in fear but going to the vet is for his own good :frown: just hope he gets the all clear. My cats are my life :cry2:

After how bad I was feeling at the weekend, this is the cherry on the cake plus my mum is away tomorrow for a few days which is going to be hell if there is something wrong with Rambo :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really hope he's okay. I just got some bad news about one of my pets yesterday. Fingers crossed for you
I'm so down right now :frown:

Spoiler

Original post by Cinnie

Spoiler

Aw, I'm sure you're not ugly or fat! Please take care of your health and stay healthy, don't do anything dangerous!
Original post by chelseadagg3r
I really hope he's okay. I just got some bad news about one of my pets yesterday. Fingers crossed for you

Thank you :hugs: I'm so sorry to hear about your pet, if you want to talk feel free to mail me anytime :hugs: I lost two last year and it broke my heart so it was all brought back tonight :cry2: Rambo got on ok at the vet. The vet said the lump is too small to biopsy atm so we've to watch it for a month or two and if it grows, then he'll take a biopsy but he said don't be concerned right now. I hate the watching and waiting game :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm fed up of peoples ********.
I'm done. I'm done. I'm so ****ing done.

People need to stop walking all over me like I don't matter.

Hospital didn't go well today either - I've been referred to another hospital now which is so far away for more tests and stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm wishing you and your cat the best :hugs:
Original post by Cinnie

Spoiler

No I'm sure you aren't. Before you tell me that I've never seen you so I couldn't tell...true, but I've seen loaaaaads of people on streets, public transport etc...Never ever gave a thought about their size or attractiveness. I won't find you ugly and fat no matter how you think about yourself and I'm sure is the same for a lot of people :smile: :hugs: :hugs:
Original post by Skysweeper
I'm wishing you and your cat the best :hugs:

Thanks, that really means a lot to me :smile: :hugs:
Thanks, that really means a lot to me :smile: :hugs:

Hope your cats alright x
My mates ask me what my plans are for the day... I answer "Oh I have to do my chores and then cry about life :smile:" They laugh thinking it's a joke... Oh I wish it was a joke! My tissue papers are being deprived at an incredible rate from the daily crying :cry2: What has my life come to...
Original post by Midnightmemories
Hope your cats alright x

Thanks :hugs: the lump is too small to biopsy so its a waiting game for a month or two to see if grows. Hoping it doesn't but all I can think of is that it will since I've been in this situation before with my cat that died last year when it turned out he had lymphoma :frown: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: Hopefully it's nothing. My cat had a large lump last month and they removed it to biopsy. Turned out it was just an allergic reaction to an injection they gave him. But yeah, at the time I was so worried it might be really serious so I get how you feel. I know it's hard to watch and wait but hopefully it'll be just a cyst or something.
Original post by Sabertooth
:hugs: Hopefully it's nothing. My cat had a large lump last month and they removed it to biopsy. Turned out it was just an allergic reaction to an injection they gave him. But yeah, at the time I was so worried it might be really serious so I get how you feel. I know it's hard to watch and wait but hopefully it'll be just a cyst or something.

Thank you :hugs: so glad your cat was ok :smile: the lump is moveable which is good so I'm thinking it could be a cyst but I'll just have to wait and see
Original post by ~Tara~
Open University is really really flexible for mental health difficulties/disability. You can have recording devices for lectures, additional materials. I had a talking book because multiple sources helps me learn better. They are really flexible on a lot of deadlines and you can defer examinable components.

I transferred to brick because despite all those adjustments, I still learn better face to face on more regular basis. But I'm scared. With open uni, you read the books and all the info is there. Read and pass. Brick uni is an unknown for me.

Also with open uni you can claim a qualification at any point along the way as long as you have enough credits. So I studied the equivalent of first year at brick uni and now have a certificate in higher education. Get to the equivalent to second year and you can claim diploma of higher ed. or you can do the full degree. Unlike brick where you'd lose that study with nothing to show employers, with open uni you have something - which is especially good for people like us who struggle to study but have the intelligence to do higher education

You can also leave brick and mortar universities after a year with a certificate, and after two with a diploma as well, you know Tara?
My Mental Health is ****ed! :frown:
Thank you :hugs: so glad your cat was ok :smile: the lump is moveable which is good so I'm thinking it could be a cyst but I'll just have to wait and see

My cat is also my life. Daisy her name is.
Original post by Anonymous

I know it might feel it but I promise you there's still reason to be optimistic about it :hugs:
My psychiatrist this morning was like "you drank A BEER yesterday??? You are not supposed to drink on these meds! it gives lots of side effects! I told you this last time (me: no you didn't). I think you have a bit of a selective memory there. No more beer".

So I guess cider's ok. :wink:

On a positive note she's going to be writing me (well, one of her underlings will) a letter to give to the disability services. I'm not confident that it's not going to have something wrong, but I got the ball rolling.
Original post by Anonymous

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/37249722.jpg

You want to talk about what's going on?
Original post by Sabertooth
My psychiatrist this morning was like "you drank A BEER yesterday??? You are not supposed to drink on these meds! it gives lots of side effects! I told you this last time (me: no you didn't). I think you have a bit of a selective memory there. No more beer".

So I guess cider's ok. :wink:

On a positive note she's going to be writing me (well, one of her underlings will) a letter to give to the disability services. I'm not confident that it's not going to have something wrong, but I got the ball rolling.

Cider/wine/spirits/alcoholic juice are all fine :wink:
Just no beer remember!!! Haha

A rolling ball is better than a flat ball that never moves :yep:
Ok 4am brain diesnt do analogies but you get me
:jumphugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest