Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Official GCSE Results Day 2016 Thread (TODAY!) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozza_X)
    Hi everyone, first time posting here, and I'm new to TSR.

Very very very nervous about Thursday. Everyone keeps telling me that they are proud of me no matter what but I can't help thinking they are just saying that to make me feel better.
    hello. Good luck for Thursday. I know. More than that it's about what grades will make you feel proud of yourself because at the end of the day you're doing this for yourself. The more near the date is getting the anxiety is just growing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anmol_.)
    hello. Good luck for Thursday. I know. More than that it's about what grades will make you feel proud of yourself because at the end of the day you're doing this for yourself. The more near the date is getting the anxiety is just growing

Good luck to you too! If my grades are bad I know I'll be disappointed in myself more than anything, I mean I've been working on these grades for three years, so I know I'll be extremely upset if it goes wrong.

I agree, as thursday gets closer and closer I feel more anxious. I haven't slept properly in three nights, and I know what with grade boundries coming out tonight/tomorrow I won't sleep tonight and I definitely won't be sleeping Wednesday night due to being so nervous.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!
    I'm new to this thread and I'm dreading results day even though I won't get mine until the 30th August (I'm on holiday and they'll be sent to my house so that I can open them then!)
    Just wondering if anyone on this thread did any WJEC exams?
    Good luck everyone, I'm sure we've all done well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cboydxo)
    Hi everyone!
    I'm new to this thread and I'm dreading results day even though I won't get mine until the 30th August (I'm on holiday and they'll be sent to my house so that I can open them then!)
    I did WJEC English Lit

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same which is why I want to go Birmingham sixth form because nobody from my school will be going there so hopefully I'll make new friends and it'll officially be a new start which is just what I want!
    What school u go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate1541)
    That's what kinda happened to me! My history teacher marked us soooo harshly in our class tests this year like three quarters of the class were failing but then in our mocks another teacher marked them and we all went up by at least 2 grades! Made us feel a lot more confident before the exam
    That's great! Exactly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MBK14)
    I did WJEC English Lit

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which books did you study and how did you find it? I did Heroes and An Inspector Calls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cboydxo)
    Hi everyone!
    wow thats rough... i don't think id be able to handle no knowing FOR FIVE DAYS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 7yearsbadluck)
    wow thats rough... i don't think id be able to handle no knowing FOR FIVE DAYS
    Haha, I'd rather not know and find out when I get home rather than know and possibly have my holiday ruined! But, temptation may take over me and I'll ask my gran to open them and send me my results lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PLL-)
    To be fair, that year it went from 120 to 136, it could just as easily go from 125 to 140.. Hopefully it doesn't though lol
    that was the november series tho

ReputationRep:
    Either university of Birmingham sixth form or joseph chamberlain
    I am going JC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by csutton)
    I saw this and had a mini heart attack. I'm going to Sutton BMet too!!
    Just had the same reaction with yours! What courses you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Excuse me for not checking the thread today - this may have already been answered, but what time do AQA release the grade boundaries tomorrow ? Thanks dudesssss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miniflag123)
    Are all these grade boundaries that get released tomorrow legit?
    Yes, the exam boards themself release them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moggygeorgieee)
    Excuse me for not checking the thread today - this may have already been answered, but what time do AQA release the grade boundaries tomorrow ? Thanks dudesssss
    From approximately 8am

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moggygeorgieee)
    8 am tomorrow morning.

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who had a mental breakdown in their most important exam and basically ruined their chances of taking the a level?

ReputationRep:
    XLittleSparrowX depends where I go to. If I go Birmingham sixth form I will do English literature, history, RS and biology/computer science and joseoh chamberlain I will do history, English literature, philosophy and ethics and sociology. What courses are you doing?
    Well it depends on my grades but Media Studies, Drama and Fine Arts

ReputationRep:
    I did WJEC French

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.