This discussion is closed.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
Well that lasted. Guess who's fallen right back down again? Such an utter idiot
:hugs: You're not an idiot, I'm about if you want to talk.
*pink_sapphires*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
:hugs: You're not an idiot, I'm about if you want to talk.
I am an idiot. I came to uni thinking I'd be with like minded people but I'm not. Should have realised that I don't fit in. If I don't fit in at uni, I won't fit in anywhere so I really feel like packing this thing called life in right now
Dinendal Leralonde
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Good news: I'm actually starting to feel something other than the numbness.

Bad news: It's all anger. Mostly just at people in general, and myself. Why are generic-out-of-the-box guys able to have relationships, while I get ignored or turned down all of the time? I'm actually interesting, I can do things so naturally that the generic guys wouldn't be able to do, even with training.

Went to a club/bar with one of my girl friends tonight...I felt so alienated and out of place.

That's another point. Am I really the only one who can see that the majority of students are morons? They all listen to whatever Jo Whiley or DJs at clubs tell them to. They're all a collective of drones. I feel so alone
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just back from the 2 hour evacuation of my building following a fire alarm and I'm really scared. The fire alarm is a huge red light in our room and sound and I'm scared of being in here alone. It's 22 hours since I last slept, but I can't fall asleep either. :cry:
becky.fm
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Some of my friends keep telling me that i'm too angry, but that sometimes i'm really morbid. Well thats really nice of them, i didn't realise i was such a drain on them.
lovers in japan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by becky.fm)
Some of my friends keep telling me that i'm too angry, but that sometimes i'm really morbid. Well thats really nice of them, i didn't realise i was such a drain on them.
I don't think that you're angry... I think that you're kind, caring, always there for me, and have a great sense of humour! (SUNGLASSES!) :console:
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
That's another point. Am I really the only one who can see that the majority of students are morons? They all listen to whatever Jo Whiley or DJs at clubs tell them to. They're all a collective of drones. I feel so alone
Oh thank god for that! No, you are definitely not alone! I'm glad I've found someone else who agrees that the majority of students are morons! Unfortunately, my Dad says we have to get on with people from all walks of life and he keeps reminding me that these people will be leading our country, running huge businesses and saving lives in 10 years time. It's really depressing and really makes me feel like just ending my life now because I will never fit in

(Original post by raspberrybubbles)
Just back from the 2 hour evacuation of my building following a fire alarm and I'm really scared. The fire alarm is a huge red light in our room and sound and I'm scared of being in here alone. It's 22 hours since I last slept, but I can't fall asleep either.
I'm terrified of the fire alarm going off whilst I'm asleep and me not waking up :o: I've just woken up. Feel ill and I have so much to do before my Mum gets here at 1pm and I have a lecture at 12pm so I have to leave my room in 2 and a half hours and I just won't get this stuff done. I'm not enjoying this experience at all. Thought it would be better than this
Dinendal Leralonde
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh thank god for that! No, you are definitely not alone! I'm glad I've found someone else who agrees that the majority of students are morons! Unfortunately, my Dad says we have to get on with people from all walks of life and he keeps reminding me that these people will be leading our country, running huge businesses and saving lives in 10 years time. It's really depressing and really makes me feel like just ending my life now because I will never fit in

I'm terrified of the fire alarm going off whilst I'm asleep and me not waking up :o: I've just woken up. Feel ill and I have so much to do before my Mum gets here at 1pm and I have a lecture at 12pm so I have to leave my room in 2 and a half hours and I just won't get this stuff done. I'm not enjoying this experience at all. Thought it would be better than this
If the fire alarms are anything like they were in my halls, then you wouldn't get a chance to sleep through them. They made the whiniest, most irritating high-pitched noise I have ever heard. And the halls liked testing them on my day off :mad:

Have you joined any societies yet Sapph? The people I was first living with in halls were a complete bunch of ***** that made me feel like I had to lock everything out. But the Rock Society helped with that, and generally helped lift my mood in the first year.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I am an idiot. I came to uni thinking I'd be with like minded people but I'm not. Should have realised that I don't fit in. If I don't fit in at uni, I won't fit in anywhere so I really feel like packing this thing called life in right now
Hang in there, there are a lot of people at university (most of which, like din said, are morons) but there are some cool people who you will get along with only they're a bit harder to find because there's less of them. You're not an idiot for not finding them yet. Remember the people who live with you are just random people you live with there's nothing to say you'll get along or you'll be a perfect match for each other.

Argh going home to see psych today, going to have to tell her how tremendously I've failed at the whole fitting in, making friends malarky. :o:
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If the fire alarms are anything like they were in my halls, then you wouldn't get a chance to sleep through them. They made the whiniest, most irritating high-pitched noise I have ever heard. And the halls liked testing them on my day off :mad:

Have you joined any societies yet Sapph? The people I was first living with in halls were a complete bunch of ***** that made me feel like I had to lock everything out. But the Rock Society helped with that, and generally helped lift my mood in the first year.
I've signed up for the mailing lists for the skiing society, the rock society and a first aid course. There's a pub crawl in town tonight with the rock society but I'm not sure if I'll go because I don't feel well.

Saber...good luck today :hugs:
Dinendal Leralonde
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've signed up for the mailing lists for the skiing society, the rock society and a first aid course. There's a pub crawl in town tonight with the rock society but I'm not sure if I'll go because I don't feel well.

Saber...good luck today :hugs:
I think you should go. :yep: Pub crawls don't necessarily mean you have to drink (Yeah, I realise you'd know that, but I'm going with the "you don't feel well and alcohol would only make it worse" path). Plenty of my friends in the NTU Rock Soc don't drink, but they always come along on crawls.

Chicken always makes me feel better when I'm not well, so I suggest that, for tonight, you get some chicken in you, and go down for the pub crawl, if only for a few cokes. You'll feel better when you find some people you can hang with regularly :jumphug:
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think you should go. :yep: Pub crawls don't necessarily mean you have to drink (Yeah, I realise you'd know that, but I'm going with the "you don't feel well and alcohol would only make it worse" path). Plenty of my friends in the NTU Rock Soc don't drink, but they always come along on crawls.

Chicken always makes me feel better when I'm not well, so I suggest that, for tonight, you get some chicken in you, and go down for the pub crawl, if only for a few cokes. You'll feel better when you find some people you can hang with regularly :jumphug:
I had sweet and sour chicken with rice yesterday. I was very proud of myself as I made it myself

I might go. My Mum is coming down today and I'm not sure what time she'll leave. Plus I don't know if I can afford a taxi home late at night as I don't know the prices around here. Plus I have a 9am lecture tomorrow. I don't know, I don't have the confidence to go out and meet people :o:
Dinendal Leralonde
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I had sweet and sour chicken with rice yesterday. I was very proud of myself as I made it myself

I might go. My Mum is coming down today and I'm not sure what time she'll leave. Plus I don't know if I can afford a taxi home late at night as I don't know the prices around here. Plus I have a 9am lecture tomorrow. I don't know, I don't have the confidence to go out and meet people :o:
You don't have to stay out until the end. It's very acceptable to leave in time for the last bus home.

Please go? You'll be glad you did if you do. No one really likes meeting a bunch of total strangers for the first time, but it gets easier. :console:
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I hate this i cant ******* stand anything. Im missing college again, i wanted to get a doctors appointment today, but they are fully booked, i mean what the hell i feel so let down, how can they be fully booked what am i meant to do. Im so dizzy all of the time i am not sitting down now, and im so tired and weak al the time. I feel like i wasting away.

This week was going so well too, i hate everything i HATE IT.
i just want to go to central library now, but i cant. I cant find my earphones, and i cant go out without music, its the only thing that stops me from breaking down, i cant find them anywhere in this house I HATE IT SO MUCH I HATE EVERYTHING i feel so violent like i want to smash everything up and i just dont care.

So what ive had a good week so far, it means nothing now,. i cant be arsed, i give up.

Id rather be like this for the rest of my life instead of trying, because everytime i try, things go wrong. ive officially given up trying.
Not Invented Yet
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:cry:

:banghead:

Dinendal Leralonde
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just been on Facebook, and saw Peachy (she and I were seeing each other in July...) had uploaded photos of her and her new boyfriend (whom she met and left me for in August).

This isn't ******* fair. Just when I'm starting to make progress on getting over her, this happens and brings all of the pain and anger back. And now I have to try and carry on with work whilst feeling like this.

I can only hope the goose fair and pre-term Rock Soc party cheer me up somewhat
jonathan122
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Not Invented Yet)

:banghead:

:console:

What's wrong? :hugs:
Not Invented Yet
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
:console:

What's wrong? :hugs:
I chickened out of going to school today. I went yesterday AND Monday and everyone thought I was actually getting better but now I've just gone right back downhill again and I'm so angry with myself and I want to die.
I feel like a stroppy four year old, I want to throw a tantrum. It's so pathetic. I haven't even got out of bed yet and I promised mum I'd do a load of chores but I'm just too lazy and pathetic and stupid and AAARGH! :banghead:

I hate me.
jonathan122
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Not Invented Yet)
I chickened out of going to school today. I went yesterday AND Monday and everyone thought I was actually getting better but now I've just gone right back downhill again and I'm so angry with myself and I want to die.
I feel like a stroppy four year old, I want to throw a tantrum. It's so pathetic. I haven't even got out of bed yet and I promised mum I'd do a load of chores but I'm just too lazy and pathetic and stupid and AAARGH! :banghead:

I hate me.
You're none of these things, you're just ill - it's great that you've managed to go in for the last two days. Try and concentrate on getting yourself into a more positive mood for tomorrow and Friday rather than beating yourself up over today. :hugs:

I'm sure you're mum will understand about the chores.

Many :hugs:
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
So, so tired and needing a confidence boost. We have a pub crawl later... yay? I don't know but I want to sleep! I can't sleep night or day though :cry:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (162)
38.94%
No - but I will (22)
5.29%
No - I don't want to (30)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (202)
48.56%

Watched Threads