Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
spacepirate-James
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just saw a few other things from the episode. Not sure if mentioned before, but whatevs :ahee:

After the Doctor goes to see the critical systems he goes, "And there you are." Further emphasising that he knew about the tech before. I know we all think that now but meh.

Secondly, is Amy Pond stupid or what?

Weird Crazy Lady: "Fully programmable matter. In fact it's even learning to replicate itself at the cellular level."

Amy: "Em...Lost."

It's not exactly rocket science :lolwut:
SirMasterKey
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
Spoiler:
Show
Or has been the whole time. :holmes:

Yeah apparently wherever he goes, it's meant to be a carefully concealed trap. It would have to be significant considering it was a previous title for the episode.

I think this might be them here:

More casting stuff for episode 7.

Spoiler:
Show
Sonatarans and Romans (well a character called Dominicus - who may not be Roman) returning too apparently
Spoiler:
Show
True, but then the question of when arrises again, could she even have been taken back before she went travelling with the Doctor?

Oh dear, it's the Nazgul, Dr Who meets LotR ftw!

If it is meant to be a trap maybe for the Alliance as with the whole Sontarans and Dominicus (such a Roman name ), that really just confirms to me that the Alliance is back, minus the Daleks unless the Moff lied about them not being in this series. The Autons are back with the Romans and so it could be Rory pretending to be an auton to the Cybermen in that picture as I've said before.

If it is the Alliance it could be pre Pandorica and they then ally with the Daleks and go back in time and do that. Or it could be future Alliance. Or the Alliance has been reset and so might have this different plan to trap the Doctor now there are no more cracks. Of course that leaves the question of just why are they trapping him then? :holmes:

Sorry letting my thoughts run away with me.
boba
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
the alliance is stupid:mad:
Aula
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by spacepirate-James)
Secondly, is Amy Pond stupid or what?

Weird Crazy Lady: "Fully programmable matter. In fact it's even learning to replicate itself at the cellular level."

Amy: "Em...Lost."

It's not exactly rocket science :lolwut:
It may not be rocket science, but it is a bit complex for a 7 year old. Somebody has to question it so it can be explained.

Oh classic doctor who where people in space ships can still be wearing windup watches :daydreaming:
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A H&R thread about Doctor Who :facepalm2:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1655163
Got to love how the OP says they're open about the love and then post anon :rofl:

(Original post by Aula)
It may not be rocket science, but it is a bit complex for a 7 year old. Somebody has to question it so it can be explained.
Good point. I was going to go with clone Amy is a little slow
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
If she has been cloned, I think she might have been taken in that 3 month gap where they were being hunted down?

Wherever she is, another theory could be that she is unaware she has been taken. To put it like this, if there is a psychic link between her and her clone, she might be controlling her clone (like those factory workers) but just not being aware that she is in fact locked up with Kovarian.

They could have taken her DNA from the Pandorica? Or wait, those events never happened... :dunce:

The Alliance can't be acting in their own capacity. I know several members have said that they might be clones or some other creatures in disguise. I think another possibility is that the Silents manipulated them into making the Pandorica and trapping the Doctor.

The Silence has to be the bad guy for episode 7. But I've not heard of any reports of them appearing until 13. But a snippet from Moffat said they (the Silence) had been laying a trap for the Doctor, and it would be revealed in episode 7. I can't find that snippet though to back that up.

As for the Alliance laying a trap. That would be a boring repeat of last year's finale, Moffat is probably better than that. Especially after all these teasers about the shocking events still ringing in your ears, the revelations concerning River Song and Amy and the game-changing cliffhanger.
Spoiler:
Show
Could the Doctor be leading the Alliance, even forming it himself, to go to war with the Silents? Now that would be interesting and would explain the whole no Daleks.
spacepirate-James
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
"Oh great. That is so typical me."

I kinda love Clone Cleaves :rofl:
frequent_flyer
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)

Spoiler:
Show

I also wonder if a certain character in the Tardis is already a clone. What with the synopsis of episode 7 and the certain two things that keep happening. Watch this space. (tried to be subtle as I don't want to say too much and possbily spoil it for anyone :P)
If I understand you correctly, what you're implying could explain the very strange and unexplained event earlier in the series. :eek::eek::eek:
Rest assured I will be watching this space!
Interrobang
  • Volunteer Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
If she has been cloned, I think she might have been taken in that 3 month gap where they were being hunted down?

Wherever she is, another theory could be that she is unaware she has been taken. To put it like this, if there is a psychic link between her and her clone, she might be controlling her clone (like those factory workers) but just not being aware that she is in fact locked up with Kovarian.

They could have taken her DNA from the Pandorica? Or wait, those events never happened... :dunce:

The Alliance can't be acting in their own capacity. I know several members have said that they might be clones or some other creatures in disguise. I think another possibility is that the Silents manipulated them into making the Pandorica and trapping the Doctor.

The Silence has to be the bad guy for episode 7. But I've not heard of any reports of them appearing until 13. But a snippet from Moffat said they (the Silence) had been laying a trap for the Doctor, and it would be revealed in episode 7. I can't find that snippet though to back that up.

As for the Alliance laying a trap. That would be a boring repeat of last year's finale, Moffat is probably better than that. Especially after all these teasers about the shocking events still ringing in your ears, the revelations concerning River Song and Amy and the game-changing cliffhanger.
Spoiler:
Show
that bit in bold sounds very Matrix-esque :p:
Lantana
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
Reading this without the spoilers makes no sense : getmefez :
:sadnod:
Aula
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Quote from the Sensorites (classic doctor who):
"I want silence in my head"

:holmes:
Bluth.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sorry if someone has posted this already! Karen's answer makes me want to watch ep 7 even more http://www.wired.com/underwire/2011/...who-questions/

Exciting :awesome:
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Katie_louise)
Sorry if someone has posted this already! Karen's answer makes me want to watch ep 7 even more http://www.wired.com/underwire/2011/05/doctor-who-questions/

Exciting :awesome:
Everyone's relationship's eh?

Karen Gillan and Beth Willis :coma:
Insanespana
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I thought we didn't find out who river is until ep 8? Roll on ep 7 then...
Bluth.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Insanespana)
I thought we didn't find out who river is until ep 8? Roll on ep 7 then...
My guess is that they drop a massive clue in the last line of the show, to be properly explained after the break...
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
River Spec.

Spoiler:
Show
She knows Amy from elsewhere than the Tardis surely? As she came to the wedding, how did she still remember Amy if the Doctor's timeline never happened?
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think a better question may be why did she come to the wedding? If you say to deliver a diary and she remembered The Doctor the same way Doctor remembered Rory, then fair enough.

But why stay hidden at a wedding until it's dark and the dancing is over?

Of course, if you've read spoilers then answer to this may be clear.
Timeboy's?

Or of course the obvious one, how did she get there? Did she go once again and get a vortex manipulator?

With delivering a diary, did the Doctor during that 3 month visit pay her a visit and give her the instructions to go? How would she have known to go otherwise?
LastLordofTime
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Doctor Who TV have now went and put up the Daily Star spoilers I mentioned yesterday. Bit slow aren't they? Avoid clicking. Not sure how true.
It's a bit annoying. I've got their news page bookmarked, so I go straight there, and had the damn spoilers thrust in my face. Even the title of the article is too much! Couldn't they just title it "Major spoilers - Episode 6" or something there of instead of shouting the damn spoilers out...
Tasneemo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
Another Greek reference then?

Omega anyone?

------------------
Just remembered reason I even came on here.

How did Nephew (Ood) get onto the Tardis?
Recap: this is the reply given to me giving the definition of petrichor [From petro- (rock), from Greek petros (stone) + ichor (the fluid that is supposed to flow in the veins of the gods in Greek mythology)]

Just realised that in Day of the Moon, Amy is running in Valley of the Gods, Utah.

ooooh spooooookyyyyyy :eek4:

probably not significant, but speculating about stupid theories is better than revising for A-levels.

p.s. has anyone else started saying 'stupid' a lot because of Amy now?! I said it about 5 times in 1 sentence the other day :/
username91207
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Stargatecrazy)
Also, why does Milton Keynes have to be so far away from where I live!! Alex Kingston will be at the Collectormania 17 convention on Sunday for anyone lucky enough to be able to get there
Don't remind me, I bloody well LIVE in Milton Keynes and I still can't go because of work! :rant:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (82)
39.23%
No - but I will (9)
4.31%
No - I don't want to (13)
6.22%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (105)
50.24%

Watched Threads