Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Aula)
    Your student cinema sounds amazing :teeth:
    Pah - worst of the media areas (being the one I'm not on the exec of ). Still a red carpet and now fish fingers and custard is not to be sniffed at.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    "I like the no tie thing"

I do think Capaldi's outfit is very sharp but not too dissimilar from Matt Smith's combination of coat, shirt, waistcoat and boots (minus the bow tie in Capaldi's case). I would say there's not really much that truly makes it unique (unlike Tennant's Converse, Eccleston's leather jacket, Smith's tweed jacket/bow tie/braces, Baker's scarf, Davison's cricket jumper) but I guess that's more or the less the reasoning behind it. Maybe like Smith we'll see his costume develop with the character.

ReputationRep:
    Just 12 days earlier I had never watched a single episode of Doctor Who. But then for whatever reason i decided to start watching it with the 9th Doctor Series 1. 12 days later I have seen all of it. Series 1-7 plus all specials . It was simply amazing I loved it so much.

Here is my problem what do I do now? The 12 days felt like they would never end and I could watch Dr Who forever lol I am so lost and have no clue what to do now...

What do you guys think I could do now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenoob)
    Just 12 days earlier I had never watched a single episode of Doctor Who. But then for whatever reason i decided to start watching it with the 9th Doctor Series 1. 12 days later I have seen all of it. Series 1-7 plus all specials . It was simply amazing I loved it so much.

Here is my problem what do I do now? The 12 days felt like they would never end and I could watch Dr Who forever lol I am so lost and have no clue what to do now...

What do you guys think I could do now?
    Classic Who :awesome:

And Torchwood, and possibly (if you're feeling a bit silly) Sarah Jane adventures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)

And Torchwood, and possibly (if you're feeling a bit silly) Sarah Jane adventures.
    Classic Who I have no idea where to watch it really... any advice?
    Torchwood is something I will probably watch thanks for that
    Sarah Jane I have seen a couple of episodes but considering its a kids show puts me off but essentially Elisabeth Sladen past away during the last season which makes it hard to watch the show.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenoob)
    Classic Who I have no idea where to watch it really... any advice?
    Torchwood is something I will probably watch thanks for that
    Sarah Jane I have seen a couple of episodes but considering its a kids show puts me off but essentially Elisabeth Sladen past away during the last season which makes it hard to watch the show.
    Either begin at the beginning, or if you search through this thread there's suggestions of where to start watching :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    Either begin at the beginning, or if you search through this thread there's suggestions of where to start watching :yep:
    Thanks I will do that then.
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    An Ode to the Eleventh:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Aula)

Yes! - I picked up 5 Classic Who DVD's the other week (I think The Beginnings (first 3 stories), New Beginnings (4 regenerating 5 and the master), Trial of A Time Lord, The Black Guardian Trilogy and Dalek War) All quality.

ReputationRep:
    I wish they would do a massive box set for each Classic Doctor (for every episode that has survived). I know it would be crazily expensive, but I really don't like the way it's done now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feefifofum)
    I wish they would do a massive box set for each Classic Doctor (for every episode that has survived). I know it would be crazily expensive, but I really don't like the way it's done now.
    I wish they'd just do a massive box set of all Classic Who :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    I wish they'd just do a massive box set of all Classic Who :teeth:
    That too! Maybe by the time I've earned enough money to buy such a thing it will actually exist...

ReputationRep:
    http://www.othertees.com
    Today's shirt is worth a look if you're also a Disney fan :ninjagirl:

ReputationRep:
    just as an fyi fellow Whovians, the Horror channel on Sky is showing the classic series from the very start, they showed "The Daleks" story first episodes today

ReputationRep:
    After seeing the new images the Daily Mail has published of the Doctor Who filming, I am now quite worried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisIsn'tSpam)
    After seeing the new images the Daily Mail has published of the Doctor Who filming, I am now quite worried.
    link?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    link?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...r-Capaldi.html

Here you go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisIsn'tSpam)
    What's the worry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    link?
    Why're you worried?

ReputationRep:
    Looks a bit like game of thrones :lol:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.