Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    3 players confirmed to sign this week (@AFCACADEMY - not just another 'ITK', very reliable and knows all about young players we're buying and selling, for example he was the one who accurately said names of 16 youth players we were letting to before anyone else did)

1. Yaya Sanogo - pretty much already confirmed but it will be announced this week.

2. Daniel Crowley - 17 from Aston Villa youth academy, very highly spoken about, has apparently been one of the best players in the youth league this season.

3. Julio Pleguezeuo Selva - 16, part of Barca's A team, not old enough to be signed on a professional contract obviously so just a youth contract. Plays at RB/CB.

So they should all be Arsenal players this week. Good to see we're getting young good players.

Sorry to the people reading this expecting Messi to be unveiled this week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nosaer)
    Why? He's been brilliant for us, whether that was in the middle or on the wing (IMO, better in the middle). It's a position he says he loves to play in, and I think he edges out Rosicky in being better at it. I don't really see him as your archetypal winger but rather I think he's put on the wing just to give Rosicky a position to play, share the creative burden and essentially put another man in midfield.

Fabregas to United is quite hilarious mind you :rofl2:
    not saying he was brilliant in the middle but he did have a lot of anonymous game whilst there. But on the wing, he was very effective especially during crunch time. Might have been because he was playing there instead of the Poldi and gerv tbf but think he's much better there and gives us a load of fluidity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)
    3 players confirmed to sign this week (@AFCACADEMY - not just another 'ITK', very reliable and knows all about young players we're buying and selling, for example he was the one who accurately said names of 16 youth players we were letting to before anyone else did)

1. Yaya Sanogo - pretty much already confirmed but it will be announced this week.

2. Daniel Crowley - 17 from Aston Villa youth academy, very highly spoken about, has apparently been one of the best players in the youth league this season.

3. Julio Pleguezeuo Selva - 16, part of Barca's A team, not old enough to be signed on a professional contract obviously so just a youth contract. Plays at RB/CB.

So they should all be Arsenal players this week. Good to see we're getting young good players.

Already looking forward to when they hopefully break into the first team!

ReputationRep:

Don't know about him at all but Villa do have a really good youth system. Hope he was one of the ones that played in the NG series for them.

No Messi :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Don't know about him at all but Villa do have a really good youth system. Hope he was one of the ones that played in the NG series for them.

No Messi :cry2:
    One of the best players of the Next Gen apparently? Read good things about him anyway!

ReputationRep:

gonna challenge for the title now :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    I know you've said it in jest but it is a serious point - none of these types of signings add anything to our team (depends if Sanago is deemed experienced enough to make the bench - I dont know enough about him). I think we've made enough 'potentially' great signings over the past few years - the only ones that count for here and now are those that add something to our team. If we want to realise potential, we could start with developing the Ox into someone capable of starting as I don't feel he's improved a great deal for his second season, getting Miyaichi to finally hold down a regular consistent first team place on loan because he risks missing the boat, getting Campbell that work permit because there's only so many loan spells at Real Betis you can have before you need to play in the English League, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)
    media reports are saying man u are trying to get fabregas!
    i highly doubt that this will happen
    first of fabregas unlike vanpersie has a bit of respect and would never go to manu, i think hes stated hed only go back to arsenal
    secondly dont fabregas and moyes have a bit of a rift?

where do journalists get these rumours from?
    Don't forget, he also threw pizza at our brand new director / club ambassador.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    I know you've said it in jest but it is a serious point - none of these types of signings add anything to our team (depends if Sanago is deemed experienced enough to make the bench - I dont know enough about him). I think we've made enough 'potentially' great signings over the past few years - the only ones that count for here and now are those that add something to our team. If we want to realise potential, we could start with developing the Ox into someone capable of starting as I don't feel he's improved a great deal for his second season, getting Miyaichi to finally hold down a regular consistent first team place on loan because he risks missing the boat, getting Campbell that work permit because there's only so many loan spells at Real Betis you can have before you need to play in the English League, etc.
    Seriously?! :facepalm2:

Wenger is obviously going to buy more experienced players for our first team and make us challenge for the title and cups but we need to look to the future too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Don't forget, he also threw pizza at our brand new director / club ambassador.
    Maybe he looked hungry and fabregas thought itd cheer him up

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)

Wenger is obviously going to buy more experienced players for our first team and make us challenge for the title and cups
    Like he's showed us with his signings from the past 8 years right? Not by any means hating on Wenger for what he's done because I see the need to have gone about the business the way we have and think it was the right choice, but you can hardly stand there and say that Wenger is nailed on to sign experienced players (something on the whole we haven't done over the past 8 years) to strengthen our first team (again, something which is not a dead cert, in part because key players have left and because the summative quality of what's brought in just about offsets our loses rather than adds to the team). Ergo, it's hardly a foregone conclusion for you to be smacking your nugget over is it?

but we need to look to the future too.
    By buying more and more young players? Let's be honest - we need to fix the way we're bringing in these young players rather than harp about signing more. I know I've said this before, but over the past 8 years, our achievements for bringing in young players hasn't exactly been a resounding success. I would much much rather see the Ox fulfil his potential than bring in another promising starlet into the youth team. I know the two aren't mutually exclusive, but I'd like to see a few examples of young players making it before getting too exciting at the next round of young Gunners.

ReputationRep:
    We've just released 16 of our youth players so it was obvious that there would be a decent amount of youth signings this summer. I think it is fair to assert that these signings won't have an effect on the first team transfers that will be made over the course of this transfer window due to their negligible transfer fees and (comparatively) low wages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)
    Maybe he looked hungry and fabregas thought itd cheer him up

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hahaha.

ReputationRep:

Wenger is obviously going to buy more experienced players for our first team and make us challenge for the title and cups but we need to look to the future too.
    I knew people were going to be having a go before I even did that post. The transfer window isn't even open yet ffs! Don't know why people are acting like that's our transfer business done for the summer. As far as I know, United/City/Chelsea haven't signed any big signings yet so I don't get why we're complaining. We got spoiled last year with the announcement of Podolski in April tbh.

These 3 signings, wages aside, will barely make a dufference to the Arsenal bank accounts.I already said in this thread weeks ago I want to start going to more U21 games next season and finding out more about our youth set up, so for me it's only a good thing we've got more promising youth players. I reckon Crowley might get a few appearances in COC games but people really underestimate the quality of the NextGen series, for many young players it's a great test for them playing againstf the best young players in Europe.

I don't go on other teams threads very often but I don't know if other teams fans would complain if they were about to sign 3 promising young players.

ReputationRep:
    Like he's showed us with his signings from the past 8 years right? Not by any means hating on Wenger for what he's done because I see the need to have gone about the business the way we have and think it was the right choice, but you can hardly stand there and say that Wenger is nailed on to sign experienced players (something on the whole we haven't done over the past 8 years) to strengthen our first team (again, something which is not a dead cert, in part because key players have left and because the summative quality of what's brought in just about offsets our loses rather than adds to the team). Ergo, it's hardly a foregone conclusion for you to be smacking your nugget over is it?
    Why do we have to keep singing the same hymm sheet over and over again? What's different this summer is that we actually have the money to spend. Start complaining at end of july if nothing's been done by then.

ReputationRep:
    Im not complaining, just think theres no need to get excited by signing 3 bloody youth players...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Im not complaining, just think theres no need to get excited by signing 3 bloody youth players...
    Why not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Why do we have to keep singing the same hymm sheet over and over again? What's different this summer is that we actually have the money to spend. Start complaining at end of july if nothing's been done by then.
    Do you honestly believe this £70 or whatever million war-chest nonsense? Not saying we won't spend again this summer because we will (we've bought 13 players in over the past two seasons) but it's a bit much to expect Wenger to splash out on the top tier of players just because this summer is different. The Grenier signing would confirm this. (Also, please don't just read the first line of my post without reading the whole of the post in the context of the post it was a reply too )

ReputationRep:
    Why not?
    because there is a far greater chance of all 3 joining dagenham and redbridge than becoming the next fabregas

ReputationRep:
    Do you honestly believe this £70 or whatever million war-chest nonsense? Not saying we won't spend again this summer because we will (we've bought 13 players in over the past two seasons) but it's a bit much to expect Wenger to splash out on the top tier of players just because this summer is different. The Grenier signing would confirm this. (Also, please don't just read the first line of my post without reading the whole of the post in the context of the post it was a reply too )
    Grenier is no way near official

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.