Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Tonight I had an email through for Sheffield Hallam for geog!

Anyone else applied for secondary geog?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by xxstace123xx)
    Are people applying locally? If not do you plan on getting your own accomodation or do they do accomodation for PGCE students? I am intrigued.
    All universities I've looked at have halls for postgraduate students, which PGCE students fall under.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poppytreat)
    I have one too! What date is yours on? I'm so nervous! I'm wondering what we will have to teach the other applicants?
    Mine's the 16th, wasn't envisaging it being so soon! At least it means it's out of the way early I suppose. Not sure what you mean by 'teach the other applicants', my email just says that we'll have to 'enable fellow applicants to explore an educational issue'. Does that mean that we have to teach it? Not quite sure of the wording

ReputationRep:
    Quick question - anyone applying for Secondary Maths at King's College London, The Institute of Education or Goldsmiths (or anything related)? Do you know how late (up to christmas) and how early (after christmas) the interviews will take place?

My supervisor just surprised me by doing his reference, so I can finally send off my application, but I feel like if I have an interview before christmas, I'm going to be a bit underprepared!

ReputationRep:
    Wow congrats on your offer! Did you have an interview? If IOE is your first choice I'd accept

ReputationRep:
    I have a PGCE interview at Liverpool in February, but i only found out by checking track so I've not had any emails/letters yet? Does this defo mean I have an interview and will info be sent via post but I've just not received it yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Fabay;45484730]I have a PGCE interview at Liverpool in February, but i only found out by checking track so I've not had any emails/letters yet? Does this defo mean I have an interview and will info be sent via post but I've just not received it yet?

[SIZE=1][URL=http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/app]Posted from TSR

Well done on your interview! But if the unis are holding interviews in late January or even February will this not be after UCAS 40 days deadline, after which the application gets automatically declined? Or do the xmas holidays not count?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinitus)
    Well done on your interview! But if the unis are holding interviews in late January or even February will this not be after UCAS 40 days deadline, after which the application gets automatically declined? Or do the xmas holidays not count?
    I was under the impression that the 40 days was given for the unis to reply to your application, not necessarily interview within.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Tinitus;45484913]
    (Original post by Fabay)
    I have a PGCE interview at Liverpool in February, but i only found out by checking track so I've not had any emails/letters yet? Does this defo mean I have an interview and will info be sent via post but I've just not received it yet?

[SIZE=1][URL=http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/app]Posted from TSR

The holidays don't count so the 40 working day deadline is longer than you'd think.
    (Original post by Esmeralda4)
    I was under the impression that the 40 days was given for the unis to reply to your application, not necessarily interview within.
    I asked about this earlier on and turns out it is actually for them to interview and give you a decision as well!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by senselesspider)
    When did you submit your application? I applied for primary at Middlesex and I havn't heard anything from them yet...

Good luck BTW
    I have also applied for primary at Middlesex and haven't even had a letter or email acknowledging my application. I called them and after saying they didn't have it, I called UCAS then called Middx again and finally they said oh yes they do have it, but I still haven't had a letter or anything, so just waiting.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Reading yet? If so what have you applied for and when did you submit your application? I'm desperate to hear from them!!

Have an interview at Canterbury for Secondary History next Wednesday 18th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ballroombabe)
    Has anyone heard from Reading yet? If so what have you applied for and when did you submit your application? I'm desperate to hear from them!!

Have an interview at Canterbury for Secondary History next Wednesday 18th
    I have a primary interview at Reading next Tuesday. Sent my applicant on 26th and heard back on 4th
    Hope you hear back soon!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

I am hoping to apply for 2014 PGCE, however, I have only been able to get work experience for March 2014. Will I be too late to apply straight after for September 2014? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firegalley246)
    Quick question - anyone applying for Secondary Maths at King's College London, The Institute of Education or Goldsmiths (or anything related)? Do you know how late (up to christmas) and how early (after christmas) the interviews will take place?

My supervisor just surprised me by doing his reference, so I can finally send off my application, but I feel like if I have an interview before christmas, I'm going to be a bit underprepared!
    Most of the Goldsmiths interviews (for all subjects) are this week and next, with a few scattered dates in January. I've got mine (for primary) today! I would definitely send it off - much better that you get it in before the interview days fill up (even if you are a little underprepared) than miss out! Send it!

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering whether anyone is interviewing at Roehampton next Wednesday 18th??!!!

Good luck with all your interviews!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    I asked about this earlier on and turns out it is actually for them to interview and give you a decision as well!
    Wow, really?! That's super quick, and kinda scary!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomasawdry)
    Wow congrats on your offer! Did you have an interview? If IOE is your first choice I'd accept
    Is this to me lol? If it is, yes I had an interview on Thursday and got the offer the next day. I don't think you can get an offer without an interview! Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jo_Marie)
    Just wondering whether anyone is interviewing at Roehampton next Wednesday 18th??!!!

Good luck with all your interviews!!
    What's that for? I applied to a school direct course through Roehampton but still waiting to hear back. How long did they take to reply to you?

ReputationRep:
    Skills tests today. =/ Genuinely very nervous about the maths one as I haven't had sufficient time to revise much, and only just passed on the mock last night. Anyone have any specific tips for it? Peachy keen for literacy considering I'm an English student, but really going to struggle unless the maths questions are on the easy side. It's just the silly mistakes that get me, not necessarily the knowledge. Eesh.

I'm plagued by the irritation of the time limit as well - I understand and agree that these skills will undoubtedly be useful in any teaching position, but when working out how much each kid will need to pay for this trip, or how many children are above average etc, we aren't going to have a ticking timer with us are we?! What is the point of the extra pressure - I agree there should be *some* measure of time so we aren't all sat there for two hours, but I cannot see the real point in creating a trap of time that causes stress and further anxiety. It doesn't 'enhance' your skills at all, it just puts you further at risk of making stupid mistakes and sets you up to do worse. In my opinion. =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esmeralda4)
    Wow, really?! That's super quick, and kinda scary!
    Tell me about it! I still haven't heard from one of my choices and I applied on the 22nd November, so I'm expecting to either be rejected from them or have a really last min interview.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.