Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok guys I need some generic information...
    If you can remember back to your interviews ..... Can anyone remember if the interviewers didn't refer to the personal statement or reference at all throughout the interview ????

It is really important that you guys give a totally honest answer....... I need this to ensure I am not going crazy ...lol ...

I am not discussing the interview ( this sort of information is available everywhere ) ... I want to find out people's experience to improve myself ....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello101)
    If you can remember back to your interviews ..... Can anyone remember if the interviewers didn't refer to the personal statement or reference at all throughout the interview ????

It is really important that you guys give a totally honest answer....... I need this to ensure I am not going crazy ...lol ...

I am not discussing the interview ( this sort of information is available everywhere ) ... I want to find out people's experience to improve myself ....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was asked one question about my personal statement, although it wasn't very detailed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was asked a nasty question about my personal statement- the first question they asked as soon as they sat down was quizzing me on my Cambridge chemistry challenge award and started asking me about the links between organic chemistry and medicine and what I enjoyed about it :ll really threw me off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack_smith969)
    I was asked a nasty question about my personal statement- the first question they asked as soon as they sat down was quizzing me on my Cambridge chemistry challenge award and started asking me about the links between organic chemistry and medicine and what I enjoyed about it :ll really threw me off
    THanks for your reply.....

I have a bit of an issue which I will reveal later but yea that not normal for queen mary they don't really go into scientific questions but hey asking question about something you have achieved was probably to calm you Down although it makes me laugh as we as candidates know that sometimes when they are trying to be friendly ...they are actually coming across as totally opposite lol

..people keep replying to the question.... Whether there was anyone who can remember that their personal statement and or reference wasn't referred to for their whole interview ..... Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack_smith969)
    Are you an international student or Europeon?
    I am a school-leaver in Year 13 doing IB, I'm a home applicant

(Original post by jollygood)
    Congratulations
    All the offers or rejections given today for A10 were for the students doing IB !!
    Cool, really? Did admissions tell you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They asked me about things from my personal statement and the article as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Digimon97)
    I am a school-leaver in Year 13 doing IB, I'm a home applicant

They asked me about things from my personal statement and the article as well.
    Many thanks for this... This is like my official poll I value your reply ....

People keep answering my question if there was anyone here that remembers that their interviewer didn't ask anything on the personal statement or reference ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was only asked two questions on my PS one on my work experience and one on my piano work. Rest were generic questions and questions on article

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Physicsrules23)
    I was only asked two questions on my PS one on my work experience and one on my piano work. Rest were generic questions and questions on article
    Thank you for your reply.....

Ok so mostly generic but a couple specific ... Great .....

People keep replying ... If you can remember back to your interviews ... Whether the interviewers didn't ask anything about your personal statement and or reference ....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matthew150)
    I was asked one question about my personal statement, although it wasn't very detailed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Many thanks for your reply

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jameshugh)
    I didn't get asked anything on my personal statement or on my references!
    Ok ; this is very interesting for me ....
    Firstly thank you for your response and secondly i am wondering if you have heard back if so would u share this and whether it was positive or negative ; also a little about your background ( a level / graduate / gap year )

People please keep replying to my question ... Whether they could remember of their interviewers didn't ask anything with regrads to ps and reference...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get asked anything either and my interview was end of jan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jollygood)
    It seems like Barts is getting rejections out of the way first. They usually reject people in the end but this year they are rejecting people first !!
    I am not sure this is the case.....on the grad forum, st barts gave out some a101 offers on monday......some rejections today.....thete seems to be no pattern at all!
    I am still waiting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yuc)
    I am not sure this is the case.....on the grad forum, st barts gave out some a101 offers on monday......some rejections today.....thete seems to be no pattern at all!
    I am still waiting
    Yeah I agree but we got to admit that they have changed their strategy because they never used to reject people before all offers were given out. But now they seem to follow no pattern.

ReputationRep:
    If we are asked for feedback on how to improve their admissions process easily main point would be to give all offers/rejections on same day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Momberly)
    I didn't get asked anything either and my interview was end of jan.
    Thank you for your reply ...
    Its very interesting .... Do you min sharing a little more info like ur background ( a level ; gap year ; grad) ,
    If you have heard back anything ( please let me know either way )
    And if you have what exactly have you heard back ...

Many thanks to people who have already replied ... Please keep answering the question ;
    If u can remember back to your interviews and remember whether your interviewer didn't ask questions about ur ps / reference
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Its very interesting .... Do you min sharing a little more info like ur background ( a level ; gap year ; grad) ,

Many thanks to people who have already replied ... Please keep answering the question ;
    If u can remember back to your interviews and remember whether your interviewer didn't ask questions about ur ps / reference
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i wasn't asked anything from PS or reference just generic questions + article. on a gap year and was rejected monday

ReputationRep:
    (null)
    Thank you for ur reply it is really helpful ...
    I am sorry to hear about ur rejection...
    I was also rejected ;-(

People plze keep replying to my query

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, is it more likely that those of us who've not heard from Barts about our A100 outomes, are accepted rather than rejected? I've not heard from them yet. Hope to hear from them tomorrow (Thursday)!!

ReputationRep:

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sure. I'm a year 13. Applied for A100. Got rejected yesterday. Thought my interview went well as well so was very disappointing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Momberly)
    Sure. I'm a year 13. Applied for A100. Got rejected yesterday. Thought my interview went well as well so was very disappointing.
    Thanks for your reply

Ah sorry to hear about ur rejection ...

Happened to me as well ...

...people please keep replying o my query if they could remeber that their interviewers didnt ask any questions on ps and reference at the interview ...
    Please also share ur background ( eg a level / gap / grad etc) and if u have heard back ( postivie / negative / nothin )
    Many many thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.