Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyJ)
    I hate commentators. Constantly brown-nosing Murray. So boring.

"He is a genius" - I barely made this out by one of them, barely. Kinda hard to hear when their head is so far up his backside.

Spoiler:
    Show
    But this is nothing new...
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    Tomorrow's QFs should be interesting - I'd be wary of Berdych in particular as he's been giving Fed a bit of trouble in the last few years.

ReputationRep:
    Looking forward to Rafa against Raonic. Should be his first real test after Australia.

ReputationRep:
    Virtuoso performance by Federer

ReputationRep:
    Fedal! Fedal! Fedal!

Can't fracking wait.. Fed just gave Berdych a bagel, he's in some right form. Could finally be a match where they are both in form.

Nadal vs Raonic starts at 9.

ReputationRep:
    well that was quick...

ReputationRep:
    Federer slaps Berdych off the court with a bagel. He really really wants to play Nadal, you can see it in his demeanour, he's excited by his game, the swagger is back - he even said in his post match interview that he's backing Rafa to come through against Raonic.

3 of the Big 4 in the semis

ReputationRep:
    For a player so limited from the baseline, Raonic sure does make a lot of unforced errors.

ReputationRep:
    No big four then.

ReputationRep:
    Wow Raonic. Just defeated Rafa. Great performance. Nadal hasn't beaten a top 10 player since the French Open.

ReputationRep:
    Not many people can beat Nadal after coming from a set down and saving 3 match points - congratulations to Raonic! And Rafa played pretty well today, might have even won more points overall.

ReputationRep:
    One suspects that Federer's odds just got slashed for the title. Certainly don't see Murray or Raonic beating him and he of course recently bet Djokovic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_K1NG)
    Wow Raonic. Just defeated Rafa. Great performance. Nadal hasn't beaten a top 10 player since the French Open.
    Think it shows he may never recover to his former heights. Injuries and age were always going to catch him up quickly with his style of play.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Think it shows he may never recover to his former heights. Injuries and age were always going to catch him up quickly with his style of play.
    I think Nadal is at the same stage that Federer was in 2010.

ReputationRep:
    I think Nadal is at the same stage that Federer was in 2010.
    But Federer still has kept his body in good shape. His style of play doesn't massively impact on his body which could lead to more injuries.

I think Nadal will continue to be strong on clay but struggle on other surfaces. I don't think he's going to overhaul Federer's grand slam record like it looked like at one point.

ReputationRep:
    But Federer still has kept his body in good shape. His style of play doesn't massively impact on his body which could lead to more injuries.

I think Nadal will continue to be strong on clay but struggle on other surfaces. I don't think he's going to overhaul Federer's grand slam record like it looked like at one point.
    Age for age I think 09 was last year for Nadal so he's now behind.

ReputationRep:

Despite all that, Federer has only won 2 slams since the beginning of 2010. That's 2 in 5 years. Federer started to decline massively in 2010. I think Nadal is at the same stage and he will struggle even more to win slams so I agree with you on that. Not only is he injury prone but he also has a crappy serve which will only make it tougher for him as his ground game will inevitably decline with age and more injuries.

ReputationRep:
    Despite all that, Federer has only won 2 slams since the beginning of 2010. That's 2 in 5 years. Federer started to decline massively in 2010. I think Nadal is at the same stage and he will struggle even more to win slams so I agree with you on that. Not only is he injury prone but he also has a crappy serve which will only make it tougher for him as his ground game will inevitably decline with age and more injuries.
    Am afraid to say this but the only slam Nadal is winning or will ever win is the French Open😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Am afraid to say this but the only slam Nadal is winning or will ever win is the French Open

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree.

ReputationRep:
    Murray is a disgrace when playing Djokovic, Federer and Nadal these days. I doubt he would even win another masters 1000 let alone another slam.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.