Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    I agree girl! I'm not colour blind (Alhamdulillah) but I agree :lol:
    Being colourblind means we can appreciate gods creation in a way, we do not judge them on the pigment that their skin holds but the light that is held in their hearts or the darkness that has overrun it. Muhammad (pbuh)in his last sermon told us as a reminder to the generations that no colour has superiority over another but rather a person's deeds have superiority over others.

Peace and love.
    Stay strong Freethinkers
    Fatima x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayah)
    Im obessesed wiv snapchat. I just take bare selfiesss...i need to calm down honestly :/ . The flash is just the perfecttt touchhh haha

Tell me about it! Sometimes my friends ban me cuz I take too many ! oh the flash and deciding which filters to use of course I look buff in all of em

ReputationRep:
    Muhammed pbuh babes xoxo

& nah Sophia I was genuine.

ReputationRep:
    No they say namaaz

Yeah but namaaz is basically salah. Like saying have you prayed namaaz is normal but 'read salah/namaaz' sounds weird

[QUOTE=Biryani007;50131321]Ahaha

Omds I'm yet to get my nose pierced! I'm thinking of getting a small ring but Idk if it'll look ok on me [quote]

Nose rings were a really big thing esp amongst hijabis in london (which is why i didnt get one) the last 2 years but not many wear them anymore so try it and see if it works

Idk if it's just me but I find it abit weird when people say I look much better with my hair out and that the hijab doesn't suit me...like wth do you mean by "It doesn't suit you"?! That's the whole point - to make me look less attractive. Idk why that annoys me :lol:
    Thats abit..rude lol but i'd just laugh and say 'then that means its doing its job correctly"

There was actually an islamic lecture i was watching a while ago and he mentioned the hijab and girls telling hijabis they look better without it which is why many take them off. Don't pay much attention to them

I saw a hijabi with her septum pierced once and she had such a baby face! It looked so odd ahah....I was thinking "Gurlll you have an oxymoron on your face!!"
    Hahahah xD bless

(Original post by SophiaLDN)
    You might not want my advice because I get my eyebrows threaded (:ashamed2:) but I did try to stop before and when they grew out I found the only method to make them have the illusion of being threaded/have some shape was to use a highlighter on the brow-bone & concealer. Makes such a difference! Unfortunately I couldn't hold out and the rest is history lol.
    But I want them to look good without having to fill them in too so i can feel better going out without makeup

ReputationRep:
    Likeee we scared awayy all the mandem. Like how is that even possiblyyy?

ReputationRep:
    Warya...nayaa

Where are your soundcloud/voice thingys at?!
    Remind me to make one tomorrow. Got a headache tonight >.<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missfats)
    Being colourblind means we can appreciate gods creation in a way, we do not judge them on the pigment that their skin holds but the light that is held in their hearts or the darkness that has overrun it. Muhammad in his last sermon told us as a reminder to the generations that no colour has superiority over another but rather a person's deeds have superiority over others.

Peace and love.
    Stay strong Freethinkers
    Fatima x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Then I am colourblind!
    I love everyone..no matter what their colour or race, but it's just that when it comes to marriage it gets difficult.
    This revert (half Indian half white) my uncle knows wanted to get to know me but I think my dad wouldn't have let it happen. Pashtun parents are kinda strict when it comes to culture

ReputationRep:
    Then I am colourblind!
    I love everyone..no matter what their colour or race, but it's just that when it comes to marriage it gets difficult.
    This revert (half Indian half white) my uncle knows wanted to get to know me but I think my dad wouldn't have let it happen. Pashtun parents are kinda strict when it comes to culture
    It's ok to have a preference on how you want your husband to look but in reality, we get what Allah gives us. You may even marry a guy, that you would have never though to marry.

I hope you could educate your father on this subject of interrace marriages in muslim communities.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Being colourblind means we can appreciate gods creation in a way, we do not judge them on the pigment that their skin holds but the light that is held in their hearts or the darkness that has overrun it. Muhammad (pbuh)in his last sermon told us as a reminder to the generations that no colour has superiority over another but rather a person's deeds have superiority over others.

Peace and love.
    Stay strong Freethinkers
    Fatima x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mashallah
    Sheikha Fatima
    Great reminder

ReputationRep:
    It's ok to have a preference on how you want your husband to look but in reality, we get what Allah gives us. You may even marry a guy, that you would have never though to marry.

I hope you could educate your father on this subject of interrace marriages in muslim communities.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lets be honest, racism is rife even in Muslim communities. Somali parents are fine up until the point where you say you want to marry an adaan (Muslim) person then all hell breaks lose. And I've heard of a couple of somalis who wanted to get married to Pakistani's but the parents refused because they were black. The fact is Muslims care more about culture and their reputations than religion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Remind me to make one tomorrow. Got a headache tonight >.<
    http://vocaroo.com/i/s0taHpIUQuuG

Then I am colourblind!
    Racism =/= Islam, tell them that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeavyTeddy)
    Lets be honest, racism is rife even in Muslim communities. Somali parents are fine up until the point where you say you want to marry an adaan (Muslim) person then all hell breaks lose. And I've heard of a couple of somalis who wanted to get married to Pakistani's but the parents refused because they were black. The fact is Muslims care more about culture and their reputations than religion.
    I wouldn't say Muslims, as a whole. I'd say certain ethnic communities who haven't fully adopted the Islamic principle of equality between races.

ReputationRep:
    Walaaloyaal, wax baan kuu sheegeyaa..

Macalinka woxu yari inuu malin wanaagsan afka mariyay baa inuu mantay eyey aheyd. Haa buu yari, aniga waan ku xanagay but afka buu Vaseline mariyey, saas buu u mariyey. Qurux buu bogodshaj, waa maalin wanaagsan. Yes of course I said. Anaa marna ku noganeyo haya deh. Haa hooyo, darbaho baa aboowe u dibeyaa. Haya deh, maalin maalmaha ka midah baa ari baan arkey. Wilka oo eeracday baa idi ley afka boo noolosha kujiray heye maaamo?
    Kori soo gaado buu igu yari, maya baan ku jawabeyy.

Advice..pleass...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Yeah but namaaz is basically salah. Like saying have you prayed namaaz is normal but 'read salah/namaaz' sounds weird

Nose rings were a really big thing esp amongst hijabis in london (which is why i didnt get one) the last 2 years but not many wear them anymore so try it and see if it works

Thats abit..rude lol but i'd just laugh and say 'then that means its doing its job correctly"

There was actually an islamic lecture i was watching a while ago and he mentioned the hijab and girls telling hijabis they look better without it which is why many take them off. Don't pay much attention to them
    Ahah Idk both sound ok to me...probably because I'm used to hearing both.

I don't know if the piercing will look right at all tbh. I think I'll need to edit one on

I know right! When I was in high school I was tempted to take it off but I came to my senses. Tbh I think they didn't know what they were saying, they didn't understand the purpose of it and just couldn't understand why I'd wear/do something to make myself look less attractive. It's sad man, Muslims not helping eachother stick to the deen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JuliusSeizure)

Macalinka woxu yari inuu malin wanaagsan afka mariyay baa inuu mantay eyey aheyd. Haa buu yari, aniga waan ku xanagay but afka buu Vaseline mariyey, saas buu u mariyey. Qurux buu bogodshaj, waa maalin wanaagsan. Yes of course I said. Anaa marna ku noganeyo haya deh. Haa hooyo, darbaho baa aboowe u dibeyaa. Haya deh, maalin maalmaha ka midah baa ari baan arkey. Wilka oo eeracday baa idi ley afka boo noolosha kujiray heye maaamo?

Advice..pleass...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Something about vaseline, lips and a good day.
    Sounds dodgy.
    Anyone can translate this, can the ayeeyo do it

ReputationRep:
    It depends on your family tbh.

I agree with you on your last statement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    I wouldn't say Muslims, as a whole. I'd say certain ethnic communities who haven't fully adopted the Islamic principle of equality between races.
    Yeah, 'course. I can't really generalise what I've seen to an entire people, but then again, it's definitely behaviour that keeps recurring and something that needs to addressed/clarified (especially to the older members of these communities).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    Something about vaseline, lips and a good day.
    Sounds dodgy.
    Anyone can translate this, can the ayeeyo do it
    That's all I got out too lool

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JuliusSeizure)

Advice..pleass...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Correct me if im wrong, my Somali isn't as great as yours. Your teacher likes you and wants you but you said no so he threatened you. Your question is regarding advice if you should get a gun or not? :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, 'course. I can't really generalise what I've seen to an entire people, but then again, it's definitely behaviour that keeps recurring and something that needs to addressed/clarified (especially to the older members of these communities).
    I'm so lucky my family don't have these views. If ever I was to here something racist from my parents, I would most probably switch. I don't think there's anything I loathe more in the world. That and people who ask dumb questions when google is easily accessible.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.