Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshforever92)
    Congratulations! When did you do your video interview?
    Thanks! About two weeks ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omiclops)
    Very very well done! I'll be doing my video interview this evening and I'm so nervous.

Best of luck!!
    Good luck! You'll be fine - just remember to keep an eye on the timer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TykeDragon)
    @Liarpoker

That's weird, I interviewed yesterday and already received my email telling me to get lost just now (24 hours post-interview!), really disappointing :/ so I would say be pleased that they haven't given you a quick rejection and are considering you seriously! I thought my debates with the interviewer had gone fairly well so this is quite disheartening
    That is pretty strange. I'm guessing that my interviewer may not have communicated the interview outcome to HR before his holiday, not sure what would cause the delay otherwise. Really cba to wait till next week.

It was definitely one of those interviews, where you often struggled to see how/where you were being really assessed. See it as invaluable interview practice for TCs and so on. I definitely think Travers have a type, so not getting an offer is probably no reflection on you. I personally feel like the debates were just to show whether you were fairly intelligent and being chosen mainly boiled down to other factors.

Good luck for W&C! Must feel pretty important now, but don't let that show in the video!

ReputationRep:
    Hi all

Also waiting on IM video interview outcome.

Just had confirmation of telephone interview with Eversheds (Cardiff) in case anyone is wondering about them (I applied two days before the deadline).

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I am waiting on IM post video interview as well, however has anyone heard back from DWF Manchester? I have seen Leeds and London office confirmations but not Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScroogeHumbug)
    Re Baker & McKenzie, does anyone know what the 'contacted' status on CVmail means? I emailed them to ask if an email got lost on the way, but they just gave me a generic reply along the lines of we're still looking at applications blablabla leave us alone blablabla
    Mine says the same thing, and when I called them they told me that it just means I got a confirmation that they received my application. I applied Jan 19th and still no news so far.

ReputationRep:
    finally heard back from Eversheds manchester - telephone interview next week - does anyone have any idea whether it's an outsourced interview or with HR etc?

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody heard anything from Sidley Austin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_23)
    Mine says the same thing, and when I called them they told me that it just means I got a confirmation that they received my application. I applied Jan 19th and still no news so far.
    Thank you! I am beginning to feel this might be a PFO given that some chaps here have applied around the same time and have already gone all the way to AC's

ReputationRep:
    hi, how was your telephone interview for AG? i have one tomorrow. what sorts of questions did they ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjsf)
    Has anybody heard anything from Sidley Austin?
    No - I have no idea why they are so late this year. When I spoke to HR at the law fair, they said they start interviewing end of Jan? - But I think it will be beginning of March because they haven't even sent out the verbal reasoning tests to people who they shortlist yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkkkk)
    No - I have no idea why they are so late this year. When I spoke to HR at the law fair, they said they start interviewing end of Jan? - But I think it will be beginning of March because they haven't even sent out the verbal reasoning tests to people who they shortlist yet
    Ah, I see - thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hkmshire)
    Yeah I've been offered a vac scheme in the summer, really pleased! I applied to birmigham - they were really friendly and the offices are brilliant. I'm not sure how the assessment centre might differ in london but I imagine it must be pretty similar. The group exercise was prioritising the factors firms need to consider in the future while the individual one was interviewing a client about a problem then recommending some solutions. Good luck for your interview - let me know if there's anything else!
    Many congrats on getting the offer, really happy for you! Thanks for all the help, I think that's all I wanted to know for now but I will definately contact you should anything else come up.

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys think I should e-mail IM and ask an update of my application status post video interview or shall I just wait?

The waiting game and constantly checking my e-mails is making me anxious

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Has the summer vac scheme for HSF been filled, I still haven't heard from them so I am definitely thinking PFO!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cutegirl15)
    Do you guys think I should e-mail IM and ask an update of my application status post video interview or shall I just wait?

The waiting game and constantly checking my e-mails is making me anxious

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi,

I wouldn't worry too much yet, the deadline for my video interview was only last Friday so they would have only just started going through each VI now. So it is still early days yet! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodm001)
    hi, how was your telephone interview for AG? i have one tomorrow. what sorts of questions did they ask?
    (Original post by Skkkkk)
    I am guessing they may have gotten way more applications this year than previously bearing in mind they are non-rolling. My guess is that we should hear from them by latest this Friday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by future-lawyer)
    Hi,

I wouldn't worry too much yet, the deadline for my video interview was only last Friday so they would have only just started going through each VI now. So it is still early days yet! Good luck
    I agree, I think for the first stream of IM video interviews the outcome will be revealed by Friday 20th. Try not to worry, not too long to go. Good luck both

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied to AG on the deadline (Manchester) and heard back? Been a few weeks now. Guessing a it's a PFO. Can't believe how long replies are taking this year!

ReputationRep:
    Reed Smith post-interview PFO. Absolutely gutted.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.