Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omatm)
    Is it still worth applying to Rothschild, Blackrock, or ICAP?
    Sure, why not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aussie Dude ._.)
    How much does being at a target uni matter? Like every single IB thread says the same thing if you don't go to a target you only have a slim chance...

I go to durham uni and study law soo :/ BUT I did a gap year as a Credit TA at a BB also worked in the summer pre-university in the private banking divisions of two other BBs. In terms of ECs i publish articles on the TMT sector for my university investment fund and another online magazine, I also do legal pro bono scanning contracts. My a levels are A*A*Ab.

If it really does matter about target unis that much I would think my work xp and ECs tilt the odds in my favour?
    Profile stands you a good shot. Durham is on the upper end of semi-targets so you're more than capable of landing a SW.

ReputationRep:
    Any one had a J.P. interview yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashwin1)
    Any one had a J.P. interview yet?
    Just had mine yesterday for the Spring into Investment Banking program. This year the phone interview is the only stage of the interview process according to HR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forest123)
    Just had mine yesterday for the Spring into Investment Banking program. This year the phone interview is the only stage of the interview process according to HR.
    Inside the Industry: Investment Banking & Risk?

If so, what was the interview like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    Inside the Industry: Investment Banking & Risk?

If so, what was the interview like?
    Yep thats the one. It was as you'd expect, 30 minutes of just competency questions. But I finished a bit early so they asked me about 'global issues' at the moment. Oh and it was with an Associate instead of HR.

ReputationRep:
    Yep thats the one. It was as you'd expect, 30 minutes of just competency questions. But I finished a bit early so they asked me about 'global issues' at the moment. Oh and it was with an Associate instead of HR.
    Ahh, okay, great. How do you think you faired?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, okay, great. How do you think you faired?
    Yeah pretty good I think. We had a good conversation at the end of the interview so hopefully that helps them remember me.

I asked them when we'd hear back, and they said mid January. So I'm guessing they'll be conducting most of the interviews right after New Years, and then giving out offers to everyone at around the same time.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah pretty good I think. We had a good conversation at the end of the interview so hopefully that helps them remember me.

I asked them when we'd hear back, and they said mid January. So I'm guessing they'll be conducting most of the interviews right after New Years, and then giving out offers to everyone at around the same time.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    Where else have you applied? You heard anything back from other places?

Also, what's your profile, if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    any brainteaser ?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharkystud)
    any brainteaser ?
    When you say brainteasers, what are you actually looking for? I'm not sure what could be considered a brainteaser, if I'm honest.

ReputationRep:
    Where else have you applied? You heard anything back from other places?

Also, what's your profile, if you don't mind me asking?
    I've applied to the standard places, heard back from CS (interview in the new year), but still waiting on most of them as I applied in late November/ early December for most of them.

I'm in my 2nd year at a target uni, doing an unrelated subject with unrelated summer internships, but with a few finance based society positions. How are your applications going so far?

ReputationRep:
    Maths/Calculus question such as : The population of bacterias doubles every minute, after an hour, how many bacterias are there.. ? Questions like this

ReputationRep:
    just one int that's it? wow, nice one! degree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharkystud)
    any brainteaser ?
    They didn't ask me any maths q's or "how many golf balls can you fit in a plane" questions if that's what you mean.

ReputationRep:
    Yes thats what I meant. Thank you !

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to the standard places, heard back from CS (interview in the new year), but still waiting on most of them as I applied in late November/ early December for most of them.

I'm in my 2nd year at a target uni, doing an unrelated subject with unrelated summer internships, but with a few finance based society positions. How are your applications going so far?
    Alright, sweet.

Semi-target / 1st year / Alright experiences & soc positions. 1 offer, MS interview recently and a couple rejs.

ReputationRep:
    Alright, sweet.

Semi-target / 1st year / Alright experiences & soc positions. 1 offer, MS interview recently and a couple rejs.
    Where is your offer?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.