Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    finally worked out that tazza's nightmare is tazza ma razza getting ripped by his mates.. #beenthere looooooooooooooool
    What? Tazza ma razza stole my username, not the other way around

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nasosrossonero)
    Offer from Warwick for Economics
    congrats pal when did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aso816)
    congrats pal when did you apply?
    Ι applied in November and I am an EU student.

ReputationRep:
    Ι applied in November and I am an EU student.
    Congrats I got rejected by warwick for L100 today:/ was expecting it so I'm alright about it haha what's your stats?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doublecc123)
    Congrats I got rejected by warwick for L100 today:/ was expecting it so I'm alright about it haha what's your stats?
    I am sorry to hear that... IB:7,7,6 at Higher Level and 40 overall

ReputationRep:
    I am sorry to hear that... IB:7,7,6 at Higher Level and 40 overall
    what other universities did you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone gone to the open days at Nottingham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alllisx)
    what other universities did you applied to?
    Bath,St Andrews, Birmingham, Lancaster. And you ?

ReputationRep:
    Bath,St Andrews, Birmingham, Lancaster. And you ?
    i applied to LSE. UCL. Warwick, Nottingham and Edinburgh
    and have conditional offers from Warwick, notts and edin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tazza'sNightmare)
    What? Tazza ma razza stole my username, not the other way around
    Banter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doublecc123)
    sorry to hear it mate.. what were your stats? and whats your firm choice

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer from UCL, however hasn't shown on UCAS yet as I need to attend the open day first, and so I can see what grades are required. I am doing AS further maths, and as far as I know that won't be included in the offer- can anyone who is in the same situation but has received their offer on UCAS please confirm? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPD96)
    I have an offer from UCL, however hasn't shown on UCAS yet as I need to attend the open day first, and so I can see what grades are required. I am doing AS further maths, and as far as I know that won't be included in the offer- can anyone who is in the same situation but has received their offer on UCAS please confirm? Thanks
    Further maths won't be included in your offer. I'm also doing AS FM this year but the offer is A*AA with A* in maths and A in economics

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone here know of anyone who's ever received an offer for economics from Oxbridge or LSE, without having studied both further maths and economics at A Level? I'm thinking of reapplying after a gap year but whichuni stats say that of all the successful Cambridge applicants last year, 93% did A Level economics and 62% did FM so I dunno if it's worth the risk, since I study neither of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fha96)
    Does anyone here know of anyone who's ever received an offer for economics from Oxbridge or LSE, without having studied both further maths and economics at A Level? I'm thinking of reapplying after a gap year but whichuni stats say that of all the successful Cambridge applicants last year, 93% did A Level economics and 62% did FM so I dunno if it's worth the risk, since I study neither of them.
    Economics a level isn't difficult so you'd catch up quickly. Further maths is useful though. Without either id say you were unlikely to be picked, but you never know. Why don't you teach yourself further maths, or AS further maths at least and then ask your school to enter you to sit it next year? Would look very good on an application

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fha96)
    Out of those unis, reckon Oxford would be most likely as its Econ + management rather than straight econ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeteMez)
    Economics a level isn't difficult so you'd catch up quickly. Further maths is useful though. Without either id say you were unlikely to be picked, but you never know. Why don't you teach yourself further maths, or AS further maths at least and then ask your school to enter you to sit it next year? Would look very good on an application

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    Out of those unis, reckon Oxford would be most likely as its Econ + management rather than straight econ
    Yeah I'm planning on reading over the economics syllabus to catch up with other people who have studied it. Also LSE did email me to say that if I can do the full A Level in Further Maths in my gap year then it would make me a strong candidate, but since I have an offer from UCL I don't think its worth taking a whole year out just for LSE, which is marginally better. Oxbridge on the other hand is obviously a completely different story. The only thing putting me off reapplying to Oxford is the fact that only 8% of applicants get offers, so I dont want to end up taking a gap year just to end up wasting it. Bare decisions fam:/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    Has anyone gone to the open days at Nottingham?
    Going to the open day this Saturday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ndhala)
    sorry to hear it mate.. what were your stats? and whats your firm choice
    6a* 5a at gcse
    as - 4 A and a B
    predicted - A*AAA
    I've got offers from Nottingham, York and uea and waiting on just Bath now haven't decided on which uni to firm yet...what do you think? Nottingham or york?
    What are your stats like? Where have you got offers from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fha96)
    Yeah I'm planning on reading over the economics syllabus to catch up with other people who have studied it. Also LSE did email me to say that if I can do the full A Level in Further Maths in my gap year then it would make me a strong candidate, but since I have an offer from UCL I don't think its worth taking a whole year out just for LSE, which is marginally better. Oxbridge on the other hand is obviously a completely different story. The only thing putting me off reapplying to Oxford is the fact that only 8% of applicants get offers, so I dont want to end up taking a gap year just to end up wasting it. Bare decisions fam:/
    LSE and Oxford are of similar competitiveness in their own terms, as they have different selection processes, the E&M applicant to offer ratios are ridiculously inflated by uncompetitive international applicants who perceive E&M to be "Oxford's business course". I know quite a few people who have gotten into E&M but have been rejected from LSE L101, and vice versa. So don't let the statistics put you off.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.