The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jitesh
Anyone got a sixth form interview?

me :smile:
Original post by Gilo98
me :smile:

how do we prepare? They want me to know 4 topics which I can potentially talk at length :confused::confused::confused:
Academically, it's one of best
Original post by Jitesh
how do we prepare? They want me to know 4 topics which I can potentially talk at length :confused::confused::confused:
Academically, it's one of best

my interview was just a formality which the have to do to ensure they're not letting any old guy into their college.

If I were you, just chose 4 topic that truly interest you and that you can talk in depth about for a sustained time. Practice interviews with family? I think the best advice is to remember they're not trying to trip you up - it will just be like a conversation. They want to know you!
Original post by Jitesh
how was it? What did they ask?

it was ok. had to wait for half an hour becuase i was the last one to be called, and thats how long they lasted each.(put a group of ten of us in a room and 4 where out at a time - however some where shorter, hence why it was half an hour for me) they asked questions like "what do you know about the course" (top tip - research! - i did it so well that the guy who was interviewing me - the head of creative arts at the college ill be going to in september becuase i did well in my interview - said that i knew more about the course than he did) and "do you have any asstance in your exams of lessons" (this is where i told about my extra time and my word processer, what came from this is that i will be contacted nearer the time of my course to ask what things will i need to be put in place for me)

When i had my interview, i brought my photogrphy coursework with me, becuase eventhough it wasnt needed, i wanted to show off. i showed him my book, and he was impressed. i also had to bring my latest school report with me, becuase i was asked too, but if i wasnted i would of brought it with me anyway to show off what i can do, and what my teachers think of me)
Original post by guitaristemily
it was ok. had to wait for half an hour becuase i was the last one to be called, and thats how long they lasted each.(put a group of ten of us in a room and 4 where out at a time - however some where shorter, hence why it was half an hour for me) they asked questions like "what do you know about the course" (top tip - research! - i did it so well that the guy who was interviewing me - the head of creative arts at the college ill be going to in september becuase i did well in my interview - said that i knew more about the course than he did) and "do you have any asstance in your exams of lessons" (this is where i told about my extra time and my word processer, what came from this is that i will be contacted nearer the time of my course to ask what things will i need to be put in place for me)

When i had my interview, i brought my photogrphy coursework with me, becuase eventhough it wasnt needed, i wanted to show off. i showed him my book, and he was impressed. i also had to bring my latest school report with me, becuase i was asked too, but if i wasnted i would of brought it with me anyway to show off what i can do, and what my teachers think of me)

My school reports are only predicted grades, TMGs and you get 1-5 on aspects e.g. behaviour, homework, effort.. etc
Would that be fine?

They'll be writing a reference soon too
Original post by Jitesh
My school reports are only predicted grades, TMGs and you get 1-5 on aspects e.g. behaviour, homework, effort.. etc
Would that be fine?

They'll be writing a reference soon too

i think that would be.
Original post by guitaristemily
when does everyone get there mock results back? get mine on the 15th and im scared...

That's when I get mine back :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm really not looking forward to going back to school tomorrow. It's just a really stressful environment and it's not nice when even the teachers are being driven into the ground
I'm so glad that I'm just staying at my sixth form and don't need to stress about any interviews or anything :wink:
Reply 3209
luckily i have a late start tomorrow as school knows we go bed late and would be sleepy if we were to wake at 7 so thats good
but im nervous about mock results and we have this workshop day on friday for a levels and not to mention igcse on tues and the 12th...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ugggghhhhh, back to school tomorrow, what is life?
More holidays please 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
We already got mock results, but have our sixth form open evening this week, then "consultation meetings" next week, and then parent's evenings soon after. So it's all go from now on! I'm still a bit undecided about my A-Levels but we basically have to choose them within a fortnight, or make a preliminary choice anyway.
Gotta choose a-levels today lol

And also write a "personal statement"-like thing
Lel I have an inset day tomorrow :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do you guys get your mock results. We have to collect it with our parents as if its the real results day however its on parents evening. What do you guys predict you'll get
:smile:
Original post by mrdeputyheadboy
How do you guys get your mock results. We have to collect it with our parents as if its the real results day however its on parents evening. What do you guys predict you'll get

I got my mock results back in December but we just got them back in our lessons and then went through the test paper.

We got them before Christmas on a lunchtime in the sports hall where we'll get them in summer. Haha, I'm not even bringing my parents to the real results day!

We are going to have a results assembly to try mimic the real thing. I've gotten most of mine back but they don't have grades, so we'll just have to wait and see til the envelop is opened :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unofficially, our teachers tell us our grades in class, and then they get sent home to our parents who see them before we do

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mock official. The school's gonna give it to use like it's the real thing on envelopes and all that where the attendance of parent's ain't necessary. The parent's evening is after the mock results thing so, luckily, my parents won't be there.

I think I'm gonna flop everything, especially physics, french and english lang and lit. :frown:

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:

Latest