Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fmb2970)
    That paper.. I could not comment whether it was easy or hard. Some questions were pretty straight forward but some I struggled with, but did manage to answer everything just to fill in the gaps so made up some answers..like the evaluation points for the psychoanalysis. It was so silly of me to think that personality will not come up so didn't even had a look through it so lost those 2 marks about identifying whther its Type A or Type B! OH and agghh, most explanations that I have actually learnt didn't come up and also the studies such as the one using the nasal spray and salt solution!

I've got few questions to make me feel confident of my answers or if I answered it wrong please do reply or comment! (if you can mark my answer then that will be great!)
    Ok soo.
    1. On the question about outlining the findings about the research in daily hassles worth 4 marks I think.. I've put the they have found a significant correlation between the hassle scores and illness. And thay they didn't find a relationship between uplifts score and illness.

2. On the workplace stress question (4), when they said that you had to refer to psychological research, I didn't really know how I should refer to it.. so I just based it on the context of the question.. I've put the fact that she had a lack of control over her success of the project since it depended on its colleagues. Also, the fact that she had to plan her family holiday and her daughter's wedding show that she had too much workload and so triggers stress.

3. (4)Also, on the question about who between the 2 person will expererience the negative effects of stress.. I've put the first person since he is being negative and that if he fails he will be very angry to himself and that he is too confident and feels that he is better than a lot of people in his class so will not revise ( I didn't revise personality so I've just written my own judgment!)

4. (2) The question about one difference between conformity and obedience, I've put that Conformity is when nobody tells you what to do but your behaviour changes anyway. Whilst obedience is when a person who's in authority tells you what to do and changes your behaviour.

5. The one about social change really challenged my thinking so I've put this instead: It tells us that the minority group can influence the majority's view. For example, when setting up a campaign about recycling and being 'green' and telling the majority group that by doing this will help save the environment and will have a positive impact. And so the majority will gradually go into the minority group until the minority have become a majority group. (Is this right??? cant remember the marks, 4 or 6 marks I think??)

6. Limitation of deviation of ideal mental health (2) : Ive put.. "It is not clear how many of these ideal mental health characteristics need to be lacking in order to be considered abnormal"

7. Oh and this NOT REALLY PREPARED FOR THIS ONE..the 12 marker.. this will be (6+6) right? So ive put for Outline: Drug therapy is used to get rid of the symptoms of the disorder/abnormal behaviour. Such drugs include Anti-anxiety drugs - Benzodiazepines are used as a calming effect (GABA) and reduces the amount of serotonin in the brain which is known to increase anxiety If there's too much of it. Anti-psychotic drugs - used to treat disorders such as schizophrenic (yes its very detailed lol!) .. Anti-depressant - drug used to increase levels of serotonin in the brain. (and that's all ive put of AO1) :/
    As for AO2 ive put quite a lot but small bits and pieces such as: + IT is quick and easy to take, -people may find it difficult to come off it if they have relied on it for quite a long time, -does not actually get rid of the disorder itself, -only gets rid of the symptoms, -side effects such as drowsiness so may be dangerous to drive, -symptoms may come back if medication stops. (how many marks for AO2 would tha tbe worth??)

8.Also, what did you guys put about what the scatergraph also tells us? I've put 'we can see how little/a lot of stress we experience affect our health' (referring to the graph, but pretty sure I got this wrong! quite a vague question I think!)

9. The question where it's worth 4 marks on how to deal with ethics? I've put confidentiality, right to withraw, and debriefing..is this right?

10. On the normative and informational influence worth 3 marks each, ive put: Normative is when people wanted to be liked and accepted in the group. This leads to compliance. For example, when you say you liked the film even though you hated it because you wanted to fit in. Informational influence is when you feel the need to be right so you look onto others who we think are right. This leads into internalization. For example, changing religion because we agree about their view.

Funny how there are research methods in the PSYa2 paper.. wasn't really aware about that :/ I thought they'd only come up in the unit 1 paper. THANKS GUYS! RESPONSE WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED.. REALLY WANTED TO GET A HIGH GRADE ON THIS AS THIS IS A RESIT ..DOING A2 THE WEEK AFTER NEXT! NEED 300 UCAS PTS FOR UNIVERSITY SO GETTING REALLY NERVOUS.. EASIER TO GET A HIGHER GRADE IN AS THAN IT IS IN A2!..
    Benzodiazepines are used to treat effects of stress, not abnormality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyleerrr)
    Benzodiazepines are used to treat effects of stress, not abnormality.
    They are used to treat abnormality too in the text book it says anti depressant are selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, anti anxiety are benzodiazepines and anti psychotic are neuroleptics. But you are right, benzodiazepines are for stress too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marli-Ruth)
    lol i'll join
    attack on OCR B salter as well while we're on it
    I have never done an OCR exam mine are all AQA, the sons of *****es

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebeccawhitmore)
    For the psychological methods of stress management I put Ellis' rational emotive therapy, is this right?
    I put this. Is it right??? It's surely a psychological therapy!

ReputationRep:
    for the 12 marker you could also have outlined Electro Convulsive Therapy (ECT) ! or Psychosurgery - Frontal Lobotomy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marsbar135)
    that psychology exam has just got me asking why Janet's daughter isn't planning her own bloody wedding
    I've seen this exact comment on twitter on the 'A Level Problems' page.

ReputationRep:
    Not going to lie feel really confident for that exam will be disappointed with anything less than an A overall and hoping to get over 180 ums (both unit 1 and 2 added together) to be on track for an A*, after reading some of the comments as well i can see how some questions tried to trick some people out

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe it! For the informative/normative influence question I managed to write quite a bit worthy of 3 marks, but got the two completely muddled up :'((( can't believe I've lost out on 6 marks for just definitions uugggh.

Also why do I feel like the only person who wrote about 'thought reform' on social change (the 3 stages used to change ideological views, used in china 1950s), would I get marks for that? I mentioned moscovici briefly at the end.

Thank god for that 12 marker though! However just really annoyed there has been no mention of Zimbardo in the past 2 years.

And I got the first question wrong, I ticked B also :/ I'm thinking I've dropped around 15 marks, I hope the grade boundaries are low as this is a resist, I want to do better than a D I got last year.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you could I also talked about ECT and psychosurgery

ReputationRep:
    I reckon grade boundaries will be very low

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think I did so bad, I mean not great but not terrible either. But when I add up my marks for both papers individually, i think i may of gotten a C in each paper. I was harsh on my marking because I don't want to get my hopes but I don't think I'm very far off. It's really easy to think you've got something right and you really haven't. I'm so not confident with these results, I really hope I don't get a C. I'm aiming for a minimum B, i think A is aiming too high and being optimistic :/

How do the rest of you think you did? What grade are you predicting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasx_)
    I didn't think I did so bad, I mean not great but not terrible either. But when I add up my marks for both papers individually, i think i may of gotten a C in each paper. I was harsh on my marking because I don't want to get my hopes but I don't think I'm very far off. It's really easy to think you've got something right and you really haven't. I'm so not confident with these results, I really hope I don't get a C. I'm aiming for a minimum B, i think A is aiming too high and being optimistic :/

How do the rest of you think you did? What grade are you predicting?
    Realistically, anything below an A would be devastating for me..

ReputationRep:
    I picked B for the first one it was wrong wasn't it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kitty201322)
    I picked B for the first one it was wrong wasn't it ������
    Unfortunately yes, it was meant to be C.. but it doesn't matter it's only one mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marsbar135)
    Unfortunately yes, it was meant to be C.. but it doesn't matter it's only one mark
    Oh Ffs lmao one mark does make a difference tho ahh well & you know the question about Keiron an zac part c I put it was tom did I screw up on that to it wasn't was it?

ReputationRep:
    On Question 4 (the one with Janet with daughters wedding and job) I kind of read the question wrong.

I thought the only thing I could talk about was work overload and I hadn't learnt any studies from work overload, so instead I talked about how the upcoming vacation and wedding were life changes which cause her stress and talked about Holmes & Rahe and the SRRS, etc. it wasn't until the last minute when I was going over my answers I saw I could have talked about job control (because her salary is dependent on others).

I didn't write anything about job control or overload, do you think I can still get some marks? I'm not worried about it, it was only 4 marks and I feel confident about the rest of the test, I was just wondering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanteA)
    On Question 4 (the one with Janet with daughters wedding and job) I kind of read the question wrong.

I thought the only thing I could talk about was work overload and I hadn't learnt any studies from work overload, so instead I talked about how the upcoming vacation and wedding were life changes which cause her stress and talked about Holmes & Rahe and the SRRS, etc. it wasn't until the last minute when I was going over my answers I saw I could have talked about job control (because her salary is dependent on others).

I didn't write anything about job control or overload, do you think I can still get some marks? I'm not worried about it, it was only 4 marks and I feel confident about the rest of the test, I was just wondering.
    It should be absolutely fine! Dont worry, usually if it's a stem question, they expect u to pick out a point from the stem, and with her 'wedding' and stuff, they are life events so if you explained it well with supporting research it should be fine! I didn't even pick that point out hahaha xD
    I went straight for the workplace stress when I saw it, so It should be dont worry about it x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kitty201322)
    Oh Ffs lmao one mark does make a difference tho ahh well & you know the question about Keiron an zac part c I put it was tom did I screw up on that to it wasn't was it?
    It wasnt Tom, Zach showed an external locus of control and Kieran showed internal. Also Kieran was least likely to conform.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ranimayx)
    Stress:
    Tick box on correlation (1)
    Scattergram (1)
    Correlation strength (2)
    Correlation weakness (2)
    Daily hassles (4)
    Behaviour types (1)
    Behaviour types (1)
    Behaviour type effects (4)
    Workplace stress (4)
    Sit (4)
    Social Influence:
    Informed consent (2)
    Ethics (4)
    Difference between C&O (2)
    Normative social influence (3)
    Informational social influence (3)
    LOC (1)
    LOC (1)
    Resist (4)
    Social change (4)
    Abnormality:
    Limitation of definition (2)
    Behaviourist approach (6)
    Psychoanalysis evaluation (4)
    Biological treatments (12)

For anyone wondering! Any guesses on grade boundaries?
    I'm going to say 55 for an A. Did anyone else find this easier than unit 1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iodo345)
    I'm going to say 55 for an A. Did anyone else find this easier than unit 1?
    wasnt much in it but unit 1 was easier for me they were just giving out marks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 10, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.