Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dingdon)
    grade boundaries for aqa physics unit 4/5?
    Unit 4 A* 58, CAP 65
    Unit 5(Astro) A* 59, CAP 66

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dilushlol)
    Tell me about it! I have to suffer with the pain of knowing that I could have done so well in that maths paper but at the time I was so confused and nervous! Hopefully we all get the grades we want.
    awh you poor thing, I know maths is the hardest thing to predict grade-wise! I'm sure you'll have done fab though. If we don't, at least we can say we did try; even the effort of trying is hard:lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DesignPredator)
    Unit 4 A* 58, CAP 65
    Unit 5(Astro) A* 59, CAP 66
    hmm they seem alright. unit 4 was generally harder than usual didnt u think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pecora)
    Is TSR representative of the whole situation though? Here lots of people say SCLY4 was bad but for instance in my exam room nearly everyone was smiling in the exam room and cheered for the easy topics afterwards.

It could be just our teacher though, she's pretty f'in cool.
    I didn't find SCLY4 too bad, in fact I was glad state crime and crime prevention came up because the topics were predicted for ages on the sociology thread anyway. (I mean I'm saying it was good now but I hope I get a decent mark :laugh:)

ReputationRep:
    A question for those of you who sat edexcel unit 4 econ. On q.4c on why the cedi has depreciated against the dollar, is it valid to say that slower econ growth in Ghana (point 1) and IMF tied restrictions from its bailout lowering future growth prospects and thus fdi (point 2) fine as 2 separate, valid points? The second point isn't on the mark scheme so am unsure if I'll get capped for 1 valid point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dingdon)
    hmm they seem alright. unit 4 was generally harder than usual didnt u think?
    I thought multi choice was hard with very few rebanked questions - I suspect mean facility will be one or two marks lower and point biserial index lower also.
    I felt the main paper was quite good though, but misread the question and got 200s for the time constant - ah well, might get 1/3 for correct use of logs.

I agree on 65/75 for the PHYA4 UMS cap.

I think PHYA5 boundaries with astro will be a little lower than 66 however, max 65, possibly even 63-64. The main paper was fairly easy for me and I think I dropped around 3, although quite wordy, which will lower boundaries. Astro was a bit harder and I dropped around 7, but a nice six-marker! However, I couldn't do the mathsy three marker at the end using ISL for some strange reason and I got the brightest star wrong, so that's 6 marks gone and then probably one on the six marker.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone get their results emailed to them? I get my results emailed to me at 6am which is brutal, I'd rather go into school tbh...

ReputationRep:
    i'm addicted to the countdown

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadherin)
    Anyone get their results emailed to them? I get my results emailed to me at 6am which is brutal, I'd rather go into school tbh...
    I get mine emailed to me, but I have to wait until 10:00am-10:30. Sooo nervous 😟

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What are you checking first, results or ucas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoex101)
    Deffo UCAS

ReputationRep:
    Also anyone who does OCR biology, do you think the grade boundaries for F214 and F215 will be low? pls

ReputationRep:
    UCAS for sure, what if I see my results, cry because I didn't get in, but then get in anyway? Also means that if I don't get in, I can look at Clearing options asap

ReputationRep:
    Results personally, most will be UCAS i suspect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smegsxo)
    Results personally, most will be UCAS i suspect
    Im looking at UCAS
    Btw i am.not telling my results to any friends- is anyone else doing the same?

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite lucky as I get my results online. Will be refreshing ucas and results at the same time so hopefully will be able to check them both at the same time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninjass)
    Im looking at UCAS
    Btw i am.not telling my results to any friends- is anyone else doing the same?
    I like to discuss mine with friends even if they're not brilliant, but only if they're happy to do the same. Many people don't tell their friends though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadherin)
    I thought multi choice was hard with very few rebanked questions - I suspect mean facility will be one or two marks lower and point biserial index lower also.
    I felt the main paper was quite good though, but misread the question and got 200s for the time constant - ah well, might get 1/3 for correct use of logs.

I agree on 65/75 for the PHYA4 UMS cap.

I think PHYA5 boundaries with astro will be a little lower than 66 however, max 65, possibly even 63-64. The main paper was fairly easy for me and I think I dropped around 3, although quite wordy, which will lower boundaries. Astro was a bit harder and I dropped around 7, but a nice six-marker! However, I couldn't do the mathsy three marker at the end using ISL for some strange reason and I got the brightest star wrong, so that's 6 marks gone and then probably one on the six marker.
    whats wierd though is the fact that some years the difference between grades could be 4 marks or 6 marks. could mean 65/75 may turn in to 54 for an a which is quite high

ReputationRep:
    Also anyone who does OCR biology, do you think the grade boundaries for F214 and F215 will be low? pls
    I'm thinking they'll be similar to last years, have faith!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninjass)
    i am.not telling my results to any friends- is anyone else doing the same?
    Not even if you get into your firm and get good grades?

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.