Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PerplexingGeode)
    That reminds me, I have yet to acquire a Genesect from GAME! However, I do already own a Genesect, along with Meloetta and Keldeo (both normal and resolute versions), as event Pokemon; acquired on Pokemon White 2, some time ago. :yep:

Have you preordered Pokemon Sun/Moon yet?

My copy of Pokemon Moon has been preordered today! :yep:

Thats pretty cool, i missed out on the gen V events but yes i preordered pokemon Moon some time last week It was a hard choice since i think both legendaries look amazing. Whats your favourite gen 7 pokemon so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markovchain17)
    Never used tunein radio but i know some apps definitely do eat at battery life a lot more than others. Ive switched from using Chrome to a indie developed browser which takes up less space and doesnt go through battery as fast

Also when you say 'new' mario kart for the 3ds... This will make you feel old but that game is half a decade old now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're right, Chrome does use quite a lot of battery, however I'd rather stay with Chrome as it sync'ed between all of my devices (Chrome for tablet, Chrome for phone, Chrome for old XP laptops with no webcam, Slimjet 10 (Chromium based) for modern laptops. The reason for using Slimjet 10 over Chrome is because Slimjet 10 supports NPAPI plugins, such as java, silverlight, and google talk, which I prefer over Hangouts as it gives people you know more information about what devices they are using and if video calls are possible. Slimjet 11 dropped support for NPAPI, hence the decision to remain on an older version - equivalent to Chromium 50.)

The problem with Tunein is that you need an active 3G/4G all the time (EDGE or GPRS is insufficient) and for some devices you need the screen on as well, since in standby mode it can play havoc with the data connection and cause dropouts.

Haha, really? :eek: I remember when MK7 for 3DS was new! Though I still need to buy MK WII as well (I have no intention of upgrading from WII to WII U.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    Why has Omega Ruby been banned?
    Unknown - I can look into it for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parsn1p)
    I certainly hope you appreciate our efforts, me and Omega Ruby were up all night giving the thread a major boost!

It's a good thing I'm not at work today, because as soon as I finished, I had my breakfast, went to sleep, and only just woke up a few minutes ago. :eek:

Awesome, thanks

Wowee... bit of a lay in then

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spotify95)
    You're right, Chrome does use quite a lot of battery, however I'd rather stay with Chrome as it sync'ed between all of my devices (Chrome for tablet, Chrome for phone, Chrome for old XP laptops with no webcam, Slimjet 10 (Chromium based) for modern laptops. The reason for using Slimjet 10 over Chrome is because Slimjet 10 supports NPAPI plugins, such as java, silverlight, and google talk, which I prefer over Hangouts as it gives people you know more information about what devices they are using and if video calls are possible. Slimjet 11 dropped support for NPAPI, hence the decision to remain on an older version - equivalent to Chromium 50.)

The problem with Tunein is that you need an active 3G/4G all the time (EDGE or GPRS is insufficient) and for some devices you need the screen on as well, since in standby mode it can play havoc with the data connection and cause dropouts.

Haha, really? :eek: I remember when MK7 for 3DS was new! Though I still need to buy MK WII as well (I have no intention of upgrading from WII to WII U.)

I dont think I have any NPAPI plugins so ive always just used chrome on laptops at least. Recently chrome has been acting up, especially with youtube. It just crashes whenever I load a video. Because of this I tested out Microsoft Edge for the first time. Never thought of using It before because I thought It would just be like IE but im quite surprised It is actually a lot better than IE and I think I prefer It over Chrome!

And yes, there isnt really any point of upgrading to Wii U now since they are rereleasing a more updated version of Mario Kart 8 for the Nintendo Switch

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markovchain17)
    Thats pretty cool, i missed out on the gen V events but yes i preordered pokemon Moon some time last week It was a hard choice since i think both legendaries look amazing. Whats your favourite gen 7 pokemon so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That is unfortunate, however - I am sure you would be able to receive the Pokemon in question through trading. :yep: Awesome, apparently Pokemon Sun and Moon have experienced a record number of preorders (with regards to Pokemon games); therefore, it appears that this game is highly anticipated for old and new players alike. Inherently, I would say that my favourite seventh generation Pokemon is Cosmog, it is such an aesthetically appealing Pokemon! What is your preferred Pokemon from the same generation?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

(Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    You're doing all the right things, I hope they do too :hugs:
    Yep One of the other options would have been to sell on the working ones individually, then sell the faulty ones in a job lot (which s what I would have done if most were working), however, with such a large proportion being faulty there would literally be no profit.
    I mean, here's an example.
    Let's assume that I could get all partially working MP3 players fully working.
    That's then 8 MP3 players that I can sell as fully working, either 1GB players or 2GB players.
    In today's world 2GB is not a lot at all and people expect at least 8GB, preferably 16GB or more.
    The maximum I'd be likely to get for a used 2GB player would be about £6 (there was another seller with a large quantity of these players, selling them for £5.99 including postage). So £6 including postage maximum.
    eBay charge a fee of 10% of the entire transaction & Paypal charge a fee of 3.4% plus 20p per transaction. So 13.4% of your money (plus 20p, which is quite significant when you are only getting £6) gone straightaway.
    Then you have postage. The MP3 players are/were too thick to go as a large letter (max 25mm thickness) so the cheapest postage is £2.85 Royal Mail or £2.75 MyHermes (and I would never use MyHermes because of how roughly they treat parcels - breakages are not uncommon). That leaves you with £2 per MP3 player sold - so if all 8 working MP3 players sold (i.e. I didn't keep one for myself) then that would give me £16. So I'd need the 22 faulty ones to provide £9 (after fees/postage) just to break even. Not very likely.

Hence I sent them back and I should get a refund of my £25 - meaning I'll have lost the return postage of £2.85, but no more.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    123133Don't apologise! We're not slave drivers...
    Spoiler:
    Show

...all the time

Sometimes there are days that I don't post much either, due to being busy, or other reasons... but I will always try to be around!

ReputationRep:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.