The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3200
Becca
I wasn't trying to be funny. It pains me, but also it will be cool to see a team outside UEFA etc win the world cup!

I know you weren't. I found it funny because it's actually quite possible. Says a lot about my optimism (lack thereof) for the NT at the moment.
ah feck >.<

Just looked up where the next world cups are going to be ... South Africa and Brazil. I can see the excuses already.

Buggery :frown:
Reply 3202
<CJ>
ah feck >.<

Just looked up where the next world cups are going to be ... South Africa and Brazil. I can see the excuses already.

Buggery :frown:

Well, that'd be a good one, but I'd rather we didn't support homophobia in football.
oops :laugh:

Spoiler

Laevis
I know you weren't. I found it funny because it's actually quite possible. Says a lot about my optimism (lack thereof) for the NT at the moment.

If we are pessimistic, we can only be pleasantly surprised. I've had so many Years Of Hurt, so now I just remain negative in the hope that they'll make me eat my words!
Reply 3205
Becca
If we are pessimistic, we can only be pleasantly surprised. I've had so many Years Of Hurt, so now I just remain negative in the hope that they'll make me eat my words!

That's exactly what I'm doing with regards to Spain and Holland's chances at the Euros! :redface:
I hope we get a decent song next time we're in the World cup. Another 3 lions would be epic :coma:
3 Lions '96 was the best.

*CRY*
It could be in Italiano, to make Mr Capello feel right at home...

'tre leoni su una camicia'

:ninja:

None of that Ant & Dec rubbish... :bawling:

Chaz & Dave..
Complex Simplicity
England next world cup. Capello is that good.

God, it's started already
I remember singing that in the playground in a massive chain, like Rugby players do for a national anthem.

We were so near yet so far :sad:
mermania

It's ok, if he fails, we can pin him down, and feed him his own words.

I wonder if Sir (will be by then no doubt) David Beckham will still be in the squad by the time 2010 comes around...

I doubt David James will.. He'll be dead and/or at Plymouth :frown:
<CJ>
I remember singing that in the playground in a massive chain, like Rugby players do for a national anthem.

We were so near yet so far :sad:

:ditto:

Some of my happiest football memories that summer. Gazza :coma:

My brother burst into tears when we went out :frown:
Reply 3213
I also cried. I was ten. :frown:
Juwel
I also cried. I was ten. :frown:

:hugs:

Yeh I was 9 or 10 as well. *sigh*
becks should be there-if he plays like he is doing atm (big ask)...david james...shouldnt be in the squad now...nevermind in 2 years time
wish owen would regain form aswell
mermania

obviously! That said, for once optimism is reasonable as the real madrid team who he won the league with in his first season were a mess! *Remembers robinho coming into training smashed*
Laevis
:blush:

Throwyyy :hugs: Welcome back. Hope the exams went well. Missed you :puppyeyes:

Who's Throwy? :teeth:

Yeah they went ok thanks, I've just come back from a lovely holiday so they're a distant memory now :smile:. I think this was the longest I'd not been on TSR for a while :redface:
Reply 3218
R i b o n I T h e S k y
Who's Throwy? :teeth:

Yeah they went ok thanks, I've just come back from a lovely holiday so they're a distant memory now :smile:. I think this was the longest I'd not been on TSR for a while :redface:

Ribbon In The Sky? Contracted to RITS :biggrin: You sound like a hopefully Austrian footballer now :p:

Good to see you back. Hope you had fun on hols, too :smile:
Laevis
Ribbon In The Sky? Contracted to RITS :biggrin: You sound like a hopefully Austrian footballer now :p:

Good to see you back. Hope you had fun on hols, too :smile:

Cheers, yeah I did :smile:, and 'RITS' sounds ugly :cry:

Latest