Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
jonathan122
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Confidence-boosting superhug for rb - :jumphug:

Try to relax (even if you can't get any sleep), and go along to the pub crawl later when you're feeling a bit calmer.

:hugs:
bansheeee*
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
uni is really stressing me out,feel like i can't cope which is making my OCD worse..feel like i can't live with the horrible feeling.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by bansheeee*)
uni is really stressing me out,feel like i can't cope which is making my OCD worse..feel like i can't live with the horrible feeling.
:console:

Have you spoken to the disability officer at your uni about getting some support for your OCD?

raspberrybubbles
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
Confidence-boosting superhug for rb - :jumphug:

Try to relax (even if you can't get any sleep), and go along to the pub crawl later when you're feeling a bit calmer.

Thanks jonathan, I'm feeling a wee bit better now, got XFM Manchester on
I will end up going because everyone else from my flat are going, but I'll leave a bit early because I have my appointment of doom tomorrow morning, and I'm still not sure what to say...
granny smith
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
Hi hun, you're not alone. I sat crying through my lectures yesterday. I dont' fit in here either. People don't talk to me in lecture halls or anything. It's really really hard. I don't really know what else to say except you're not alone :hugs: x
Thank you for your lovely message, that means so much to me hon. big hugs i send to you.xxxx
Not Invented Yet
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Dad keeps trying to make me come downstairs and do something because I've been sat in my room nearly all day. It's quite sweet of him - he even offered to drive me all the way to the farm I used to work at to see the horses, because that normally cheers me up - but I just want to be left alone!
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by granny smith)
Thank you for your lovely message, that means so much to me hon. big hugs i send to you.xxxx
:hugs: back How are you feeling today? Did you have any lectures?
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I can't do this. I can't do this. I hate me. I can't cope. All I want to do is cut myself to pieces. I've already messed up how ever many months free it was. I can't be bothered to keep trying now. I just can't do this!!!!
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by becki08)
I can't do this. I can't do this. I hate me. I can't cope. All I want to do is cut myself to pieces. I've already messed up how ever many months free it was. I can't be bothered to keep trying now. I just can't do this!!!!
Can't do what sweetie? :hugs:
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
Can't do what sweetie? :hugs:
Cope
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by becki08)
Cope
With what? Uni? x
Dalimyr
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Was questioning all morning whether I felt up for going to the work trial today, even as I was getting dressed...didn't decide until just 20 minutes before I had to catch the bus :o:
I'm glad I did go to it, though. The HR staff there recognised my name and realised I had been there last year. Instead of making me sit through everything I'd done last year they took me away on my own and sat me down to do stuff by myself for an hour (basically writing responses to mock complaint emails, which is similar to the sort of thing I might be expected to do in AAM, but with a slightly more formal tone). After I'd done that, they said that I was done and could leave, and they'd get in touch with me tomorrow or Friday to let me know how I got on. I'm really hopeful that I can get this job, even though I know I'm not comfortable using the phone (I'm hoping that by getting a job where I'm forced to use it then I might be able to overcome that fear)
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Dalimyr)
Was questioning all morning whether I felt up for going to the work trial today, even as I was getting dressed...didn't decide until just 20 minutes before I had to catch the bus :o:
I'm glad I did go to it, though. The HR staff there recognised my name and realised I had been there last year. Instead of making me sit through everything I'd done last year they took me away on my own and sat me down to do stuff by myself for an hour (basically writing responses to mock complaint emails, which is similar to the sort of thing I might be expected to do in AAM, but with a slightly more formal tone). After I'd done that, they said that I was done and could leave, and they'd get in touch with me tomorrow or Friday to let me know how I got on. I'm really hopeful that I can get this job, even though I know I'm not comfortable using the phone (I'm hoping that by getting a job where I'm forced to use it then I might be able to overcome that fear)
Glad it went well for you :hugs: And yeah, maybe it will help you overcome that fear. I have the same fear as you and I considered working in a call centre to get over it. Let us know how you get on.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well done on going dali :hugs: Hope you get the job.
Dinendal Leralonde
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yaaaay Dali!! :woo: You go girl!

Yeah, I'm never saying that again.

And what about you Sapph? Did you go to the pub crawl?
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well done Dali, I hope it's gone well

I just got back from my first appt of the day with a doctor, I've gotta go back later, too... Hmm!
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by raspberrybubbles)
Well done Dali, I hope it's gone well

I just got back from my first appt of the day with a doctor, I've gotta go back later, too... Hmm!
how was it? and how are you finding Birmingham?

I've seen my counsellor and GP today, Ive got to have a blood test on Monday
Got to see Psychiatrist tomorrow too
Dalimyr
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I got the job!!! :woo: I start on November 3rd :^_^:

(Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
Yaaaay Dali!! :woo: You go girl!

Yeah, I'm never saying that again.
Well, I'm quoting you to immortalise it :p: And thankyou :hugs:
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

:party: Well done!!
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

:jumphug:

Congrats!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (219)
39.46%
No - but I will (38)
6.85%
No - I don't want to (37)
6.67%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (261)
47.03%

Watched Threads